Used 2005 Lincoln LS Sport Sedan Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Lincoln LS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LS model:

2005 Lincoln LS
By John Jenkins

2005 Lincoln LS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Excellent performance. Only negative is the front seats are very firm, making them slightly uncomfortable.

2005 Lincoln LS Sport
By dizzy8

2005 Lincoln LS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

As a long owner of Ford/Lincoln products this car is very understated.
Very quick for a 4 door with the 32 valve/285HP V8.
The only issues I have had with the car in 100,000 miles is coil packs which are covered by ford for 10yrs or 100.000 miles.
If you buy one used, check with ford. They have replaced all of them.
The other concern was the cooling system.
IF the car has over 75K, I recommend cooling tank and plastic pipe-like hoses be replaced and whatever else the service technician may recommend.
I alway recommend transmission fluid service every 40K or so to keep the additives fresh.

Memory seats/mirrors etc.. CD Changer Ability to go from 55 to 90 in a blink.

I liked the electronic shocks in the 90's Tbird SCs. When you drove normal, the car was touring and when you braked, turned hard or accelerated the car stiffed the ride for performance. I think others like Mazda did this also. Bring rear wheel drive sedans like this back to Lincoln.

'05 LS Sport
By joe329

2005 Lincoln LS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I just bought this recently and so far, so far good.
It's not great in Winter conditions (It's rear wheel drive, what do you expect), gas mileage is on par around 20-21 mpg, good power, very comfortable, and is overall a good looking car.
I've read up on these cars for a few years trying to learn about its problems, its Pros and Cons, and decided its worth the money if you take care of it just like any other car.
My only gripe is you SHOULD feed it premium.
I don't care what websites say that you can run 87 in it...In the end, it will just slow ly kill it.
Gas is going up again, but I knew this when I bought it and will be willing to make sure it gets what is needed.

Performance, creature comforts

4 wheel perfection
By Bilbo

2005 Lincoln LS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Amazingly smooth, faster than the CTS I drove, better materials than the Mercedes 430S, better road tests/handling than a 540i and a LOT more reliable than my neighbors Lexus. (ZERO repairs in 100K miles and just did my first tune up and sealed coolant change as designed) AND for $36K off the lot! What an amazing car! (At track days we hit 139 mph on the 17 inch Michelins - do not tell me insurance agent plz!) and other than adding an upgraded ceramic brake pad the car performs like the Jaguar S type (engine/trans and chassis/brakes are the same) but is a sleeper in subtle but classy style. Beat Lexus for JD Powers delivery awards in 2005. PLEASE keep building them like this!

Smooth linear acceleration from any speed, Jaquar chassis corner and is like silk on rough roads, averaged 25.5 mpg hwy over 100K miles in 3 1/2 years of hard constant driving.

A bit more bucket to the seat bolsters but the leather is the best I've ever owned (Mercedes and Lexus didn't have it this nice!) and a slghtly bigger gas tank would mean fewer stops cuz we just love driving this thing!

disappointed
By JR

2005 Lincoln LS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I still like the look of this car and it is fun to drive when it works. Seem to have constant problems with it and nothing is ever inexpensive to fix. Just spent over three weeks going between a mechanic and Ford trying to figure out what was wrong (it would miss while idling). We think it is finally fixed after replacing all the boots and coils. I am not trusting that we won't have more problems soon. Our regular mechanic won't touch it. We tried to sell it and no one wants it even though the interior and exterior is in excellent condition. I thought I was getting a high end, high quality car. I have owned several Fords before. I am now questioning if I want to every buy another Ford.

Nice to drive, when running well, which doesn't seem to be the norm. Love the cool seats and moon roof. Like the look of the car and the alloy wheels.

Unreliable, expensive & difficult to maintain/fix, leather low quality, many mechanics won't touch it, dealership is overly expensive for even 'basic' parts and labor, most of the time it needs Ford specific parts $$$ and Ford only diagnostic tools for probs. It has been a money pit for us.