2005 Lincoln LS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LS model:
2005 Lincoln LS Sport
By dizzy8 on 11/06/13 12:50 PM (PST)

2005 Lincoln LS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

As a long owner of Ford/Lincoln products this car is very understated. Very quick for a 4 door with the 32 valve/285HP V8. The only issues I have had with the car in 100,000 miles is coil packs which are covered by ford for 10yrs or 100.000 miles. If you buy one used, check with ford. They have replaced all of them. The other concern was the cooling system. IF the car has over 75K, I recommend cooling tank and plastic pipe-like hoses be replaced and whatever else the service technician may recommend. I alway recommend transmission fluid service every 40K or so to keep the additives fresh.

'05 LS Sport
By joe329 on 01/22/11 05:17 AM (PST)

2005 Lincoln LS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I just bought this recently and so far, so far good. It's not great in Winter conditions (It's rear wheel drive, what do you expect), gas mileage is on par around 20-21 mpg, good power, very comfortable, and is overall a good looking car. I've read up on these cars for a few years trying to learn about its problems, its Pros and Cons, and decided its worth the money if you take care of it just like any other car. My only gripe is you SHOULD feed it premium. I don't care what websites say that you can run 87 in it...In the end, it will just slow ly kill it. Gas is going up again, but I knew this when I bought it and will be willing to make sure it gets what is needed.

4 wheel perfection
By Bilbo on 07/28/10 21:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln LS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Amazingly smooth, faster than the CTS I drove, better materials than the Mercedes 430S, better road tests/handling than a 540i and a LOT more reliable than my neighbors Lexus. (ZERO repairs in 100K miles and just did my first tune up and sealed coolant change as designed) AND for $36K off the lot! What an amazing car! (At track days we hit 139 mph on the 17 inch Michelins - do not tell me insurance agent plz!) and other than adding an upgraded ceramic brake pad the car performs like the Jaguar S type (engine/trans and chassis/brakes are the same) but is a sleeper in subtle but classy style. Beat Lexus for JD Powers delivery awards in 2005. PLEASE keep building them like this!

disappointed
By JR on 06/18/10 10:57 AM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln LS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I still like the look of this car and it is fun to drive when it works. Seem to have constant problems with it and nothing is ever inexpensive to fix. Just spent over three weeks going between a mechanic and Ford trying to figure out what was wrong (it would miss while idling). We think it is finally fixed after replacing all the boots and coils. I am not trusting that we won't have more problems soon. Our regular mechanic won't touch it. We tried to sell it and no one wants it even though the interior and exterior is in excellent condition. I thought I was getting a high end, high quality car. I have owned several Fords before. I am now questioning if I want to every buy another Ford.

My 2005 Lincoln LS (Sport) V-8
By Doris on 09/14/09 14:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln LS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned this car just a little over 4 years, and have had no problems with it. It had 21,000 miles on it when I purchased it. I am religious about maintenance on my vehicles, and that's all I've had to do. Nothing replaced, everything is still working well at 81,000 miles. I love the way it handles, rides, and the excellent acceleration! Good enough on gas for me (20 around town; 25-26 or so highway). Since it is beautifully styled, you feel beautiful driving it. It turns heads! If Lincoln ever re- introduces it, I will definitely rebuy.

can't wait to trade it in
By lisa on 09/12/09 13:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln LS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

The Lincoln LS looks very impressive. It gets a lot of attention and needs alot of attention. It has been nothing but a money pit ever since I bought it. Within one week I had two coils repaired( very expensive). From little things to more expensive stuff, it's something every week. I recently stopped by an auto parts store (again) for help with the broken screws on the traction button that had broke. The men committed how the car looked nice. I replied, "want to buy it?" They laughed and said "NO WAY! Those are nothing but lemons!" Wish I had heard that before I made the mistake of buying it.

Airbags I agree...
By Patrick B... on 08/17/09 08:18 AM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln LS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned a 2000LS 3.9V8 in 2006, it had around 100K miles and had a fatal wreck...I coded out twice on the way to the hosp., yes I slid off the road and into a ditch, rolled into a tumble, in to a tree...Photos upon request, NO airbag deployment at all. 24days in the hospital, many broken bones yet IF I would have been in a foreign vehicle, I truely feel that I would not be alive. I just purchased my used 2005LS V8 with 60K mile on it and feel safer now then ever before. regardless of airbags, this is a very safe car. so I do agree with "Stacy M" "have airbags checked" and Lincoln please bring the LS back. Patrick...

Great buy, nice car
By michaelait on 03/23/09 15:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln LS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this LS more or less blind. I went to the dealership looking at Fusions. The salesman showed this to me. I drove it and was impressed. A doctor had owned it, it is loaded, he left it very clean. I love the power of the v8 and the rear drive. The tranny is very smooth as is the acceleration. Seats, although flat, are comfortable. They are heated and cooled which is nice. The handling is exceptional, it has a very tight turning radius. It cruises very well at 85 and 90. I averaged 25.5 miles on a trip to Texas, which I thought was darned good for a v8. I have two complaints: the AM radio reception is weak, and I do experience some valve chatter during hard acceleration.

Sports Sedan
By Jiggs on 02/24/09 18:55 PM (PST)

2005 Lincoln LS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

What a great sedan! It's good looking, well built, handles like a BMW and is surprisingly affordable. Why Lincoln didn't just continue to improve and fine tune it instead of stopping production in 2006 is beyond me.

Love My LS
By Chris C. on 10/07/08 14:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln LS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

We were looking for a Mustang, but deciding it was not right for our family, we found our 2005 LS sitting on the lot. It was owned by a Ford executive and was originally registered to Ford. The car has all the power I could want with the comfort my wife loves. We got a great deal on the car with full warranty. After owning foreign cars for the past several years, I am really hooked on the good old American cars again. If I were to buy a new car, it would most likely be the LS replacement, the Lincoln MKS. Only major problem with the car is the reverse warning stopped working. Took it to dealer and the sensor unit was replaced under warranty and in 1 day.