Used 2005 Lincoln LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Lincoln LS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LS model:

2005 Lincoln LS Sport
By dizzy8

2005 Lincoln LS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

As a long owner of Ford/Lincoln products this car is very understated. Very quick for a 4 door with the 32 valve/285HP V8. The only issues I have had with the car in 100,000 miles is coil packs which are covered by ford for 10yrs or 100.000 miles. If you buy one used, check with ford. They have replaced all of them. The other concern was the cooling system. IF the car has over 75K, I recommend cooling tank and plastic pipe-like hoses be replaced and whatever else the service technician may recommend. I alway recommend transmission fluid service every 40K or so to keep the additives fresh.

Memory seats/mirrors etc.. CD Changer Ability to go from 55 to 90 in a blink.

I liked the electronic shocks in the 90's Tbird SCs. When you drove normal, the car was touring and when you braked, turned hard or accelerated the car stiffed the ride for performance. I think others like Mazda did this also. Bring rear wheel drive sedans like this back to Lincoln.

'05 LS V6 Update
By 2005ls1

2005 Lincoln LS Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I now have 179,000 kms on this POS and its still "nickel and diming" me to death. The front end is rattling again after it had front struts, sway bar links, and tie rod ends installed at 145,000 Kms. The E-brake light is on and beeping. I don't use it so I don't understand why it would need service. The traction control switch fell through the hole in the console for no apparent reason. I had to replace the power steering pump because it was leaking badly. The oil pan is leaking again, at least I think it's the oil pan. The coil packs (5th set) are due to be changed again because the car stutters at times and that lets me know the coil packs will need changing soon. FORD - you suck!!!

Beware
By 2005ls2

2005 Lincoln LS Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2005ls in 2006 with 20,000 miles on it. Now has 60,000. Nice body style but... Buyer beware! I have had a lot of trouble with this car and its in the shop again today. Always a problem with coils, the engine and other things. Reliability is very poor. I believe there should be recalls for these problems. Can any one help?

2005 LS V6
By 2005ls1

2005 Lincoln LS Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I'm the not so proud owner of a '05 LS V6. This car has been a royal pain since I bought it. It's got 130K kms on it now. I can't keep coils or catalytic converters on it to save my a_ _. I contacted Ford 3 times and all I got was lip service from there complaint desk. I've been stranded so many times and spent so much money on this piece of garbage in repairs it's ridiculous. I was planning on buying a MKS but after all this pain it's not going to happen.

Absolutely nothing!!!!

Don't buy a Lincoln.

LEMON!
By buffmatt12

2005 Lincoln LS Ultimate 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This car is a problem machine! I bought my 2005 lincoln ls ultimate v8 a few years ago with 22k on it. I loved it for about a week because it looks nice,drives nice, and has every option you could ever want. As soon at the warrenty was at 50k the nightmare began! rear control arm went rims need to be replaced,air conditioning broke,colling system went, 3 wheel bearings,more cracks in the cooling system,7 coil packs, power window broke, electric parking brake switch went,advanced track needed service , leaking rear differential,driver seat moter, and now the power steering is acting up. all dealer repairs coasting over $6K .This really is the car from hell! DONT BUY!!!!!!

heated/cooled seats,backup sensors,

Overall quallity of the car is very poor