2005 Lincoln LS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LS model:
2005 Lincoln LS Sport
By dizzy8 on 11/06/13 12:50 PM (PST)

2005 Lincoln LS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

As a long owner of Ford/Lincoln products this car is very understated. Very quick for a 4 door with the 32 valve/285HP V8. The only issues I have had with the car in 100,000 miles is coil packs which are covered by ford for 10yrs or 100.000 miles. If you buy one used, check with ford. They have replaced all of them. The other concern was the cooling system. IF the car has over 75K, I recommend cooling tank and plastic pipe-like hoses be replaced and whatever else the service technician may recommend. I alway recommend transmission fluid service every 40K or so to keep the additives fresh.

'05 LS V6 Update
By 2005ls1 on 07/02/13 06:36 AM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln LS Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I now have 179,000 kms on this POS and its still "nickel and diming" me to death. The front end is rattling again after it had front struts, sway bar links, and tie rod ends installed at 145,000 Kms. The E-brake light is on and beeping. I don't use it so I don't understand why it would need service. The traction control switch fell through the hole in the console for no apparent reason. I had to replace the power steering pump because it was leaking badly. The oil pan is leaking again, at least I think it's the oil pan. The coil packs (5th set) are due to be changed again because the car stutters at times and that lets me know the coil packs will need changing soon. FORD - you suck!!!

Beware
By 2005ls2 on 02/04/13 08:24 AM (PST)

2005 Lincoln LS Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2005ls in 2006 with 20,000 miles on it. Now has 60,000. Nice body style but... Buyer beware! I have had a lot of trouble with this car and its in the shop again today. Always a problem with coils, the engine and other things. Reliability is very poor. I believe there should be recalls for these problems. Can any one help?

2005 LS V6
By 2005ls1 on 10/21/12 13:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln LS Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I'm the not so proud owner of a '05 LS V6. This car has been a royal pain since I bought it. It's got 130K kms on it now. I can't keep coils or catalytic converters on it to save my a_ _. I contacted Ford 3 times and all I got was lip service from there complaint desk. I've been stranded so many times and spent so much money on this piece of garbage in repairs it's ridiculous. I was planning on buying a MKS but after all this pain it's not going to happen.

LEMON!
By buffmatt12 on 02/06/12 15:57 PM (PST)

2005 Lincoln LS Ultimate 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This car is a problem machine! I bought my 2005 lincoln ls ultimate v8 a few years ago with 22k on it. I loved it for about a week because it looks nice,drives nice, and has every option you could ever want. As soon at the warrenty was at 50k the nightmare began! rear control arm went rims need to be replaced,air conditioning broke,colling system went, 3 wheel bearings,more cracks in the cooling system,7 coil packs, power window broke, electric parking brake switch went,advanced track needed service , leaking rear differential,driver seat moter, and now the power steering is acting up. all dealer repairs coasting over $6K .This really is the car from hell! DONT BUY!!!!!!

'05 LS Sport
By joe329 on 01/22/11 05:17 AM (PST)

2005 Lincoln LS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I just bought this recently and so far, so far good. It's not great in Winter conditions (It's rear wheel drive, what do you expect), gas mileage is on par around 20-21 mpg, good power, very comfortable, and is overall a good looking car. I've read up on these cars for a few years trying to learn about its problems, its Pros and Cons, and decided its worth the money if you take care of it just like any other car. My only gripe is you SHOULD feed it premium. I don't care what websites say that you can run 87 in it...In the end, it will just slow ly kill it. Gas is going up again, but I knew this when I bought it and will be willing to make sure it gets what is needed.

"Warning" Prospective Lincoln Owner
By Rosie on 11/19/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Lincoln LS Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a Lincoln new. 3 months after the manufacturer's warranty expired and only 46,500 miles driven, I started experiencing problems; first the ignition coils($600 aftermarket), the air conditioner($400), parking brakes, brake rotors, pvc tube, etc. I wrote Ford-Lincoln numerous times, but they have refused to take responsibility. Don't be deceived, after more research, Others have experienced the same problems. These are common problems with the Lincoln models, I don't understand why there have not been a recall?

4 wheel perfection
By Bilbo on 07/28/10 21:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln LS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Amazingly smooth, faster than the CTS I drove, better materials than the Mercedes 430S, better road tests/handling than a 540i and a LOT more reliable than my neighbors Lexus. (ZERO repairs in 100K miles and just did my first tune up and sealed coolant change as designed) AND for $36K off the lot! What an amazing car! (At track days we hit 139 mph on the 17 inch Michelins - do not tell me insurance agent plz!) and other than adding an upgraded ceramic brake pad the car performs like the Jaguar S type (engine/trans and chassis/brakes are the same) but is a sleeper in subtle but classy style. Beat Lexus for JD Powers delivery awards in 2005. PLEASE keep building them like this!

disappointed
By JR on 06/18/10 10:57 AM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln LS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I still like the look of this car and it is fun to drive when it works. Seem to have constant problems with it and nothing is ever inexpensive to fix. Just spent over three weeks going between a mechanic and Ford trying to figure out what was wrong (it would miss while idling). We think it is finally fixed after replacing all the boots and coils. I am not trusting that we won't have more problems soon. Our regular mechanic won't touch it. We tried to sell it and no one wants it even though the interior and exterior is in excellent condition. I thought I was getting a high end, high quality car. I have owned several Fords before. I am now questioning if I want to every buy another Ford.

My 2005 Lincoln LS (Sport) V-8
By Doris on 09/14/09 14:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln LS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned this car just a little over 4 years, and have had no problems with it. It had 21,000 miles on it when I purchased it. I am religious about maintenance on my vehicles, and that's all I've had to do. Nothing replaced, everything is still working well at 81,000 miles. I love the way it handles, rides, and the excellent acceleration! Good enough on gas for me (20 around town; 25-26 or so highway). Since it is beautifully styled, you feel beautiful driving it. It turns heads! If Lincoln ever re- introduces it, I will definitely rebuy.