2004 Lincoln LS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LS model:
First-time Lincoln Owner
By displacedtexan on 11/08/04 13:46 PM (PST)

2004 Lincoln LS Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Coming out of a 1995 Volvo 850; At 42 I'm trying to bring the average age of Lincoln owners down. The LS is a nice balance between the Lexus ES330 (ride too floaty, styling too bland) and the Acura TL (ride too choppy, styling trying too hard). The ride is firm but comfortable; the car corners like it's on rails. Styling is not exciting, but it should age well; given the performance it's kind of stealth-like. Fit and finish are great, tho some materials and switchgear likely aren't up to Lexus/Acura standards. Size is about perfect for city maneuvering. The 6 cyl. offers better acceleration than my Volvo's 5 and I have to be careful not to get going too fast on the Interstate.

Ho-hum
By M(icman) on 10/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln LS Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

At first glance this was a great vehicle. After awhile gremlins started appearing - first the throttle body was replaced, then a exhaust bracket broke, tires replaced due to imbalance, loose rear suspension, loose and creaky interior door trim and whining heat/AC vent fan that dealer says is "Normal". When it isn't in the shop it is a great car, but then it develops another problem. If you intend on purchasing one, be sure to opt for the extended warranty!

2004 LS Ultimate
By Bigpinejen on 10/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln LS Ultimate 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

The LS is fun to drive. I have found the seats to be uncomfortable on a trip. The transmission could be smoother shifting. Overall I really like the styling and performance, especially the handling.

great
By lauren banninger on 10/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln LS Ultimate 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

i think this is a great car. i think that lincoln is one of the best

Favorite Car
By Rev.Zeb C. Williams on 09/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln LS Premium 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have no complaints - just wish the gas mileage were a little better. It handles so much better than the Town Car I traded in on it. Its quick handling and accelaration have prevented two would-be bad accidents. It is the best car I've ever driven, let alone owned and I have owned some wonderful autos. And the service by the dealer has been great. This is my second Lincoln LS. I hope I can always have an LS!

Lincoln LS beats BMW 5 Series
By Terry Hunt on 09/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln LS Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My wife owns a 2004 BMW and my LS handles better, gets better gas mileage, built better, has more power and costs $10K less than the BMW 5 series. I traded in a Lexus 330 for this LS and am glad I did. The rear wheel drive in the LS handles much better in emergency situations than the loose feel of the Lexus and the luxury feel is equal if not better.

Third LS 8
By Arnholt on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln LS Ultimate 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This, as usual is a fine car, however, I think the system is off somewhere. When I turn the corner it jerks. It jerks quite often. None of our other cars have done this. It is not smooth on take-off (it acts like the old hydra- matic shift of the fifties Oldsmobile. I wonder if we have a lemon. No one really wants to believe me. I have loved the LS over any other car we have had. I have logged many, many miles since I was 15 and have driven almost all makes. I like the fact that when you hit the accelerator on the highway it immediately rises to the occasion. I am seventy (female) and do not drive like a woman.

own one
By Laf981 on 09/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln LS Premium 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The performance in this car is great, and I think this car was built for owners to love it. Its interior is elegant and sporty thats why I chose this car.

LS Lincoln Review
By Ron Brush on 08/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln LS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Great handling, acceleration & braking. Extremly comfortable

Linclon
By Darrin Davis on 08/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln LS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I just bought a Linclon LS and a Linclon Towncar both for $77,000. The LS has a dream ride and a good reliability record but has sevral other problems. The car doesn't handle like my old LS or my old Toyota Avalon. My Towncar is even worse. It doesn't drive, is to big, and has already needded a new transmission after 2000 miles. By Toyota instead