2004 Lincoln LS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LS model:
Love My Lincoln LS!
By hynqween on 10/09/06 22:04 PM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln LS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I LOVE my Lincoln LS and will purchase another after this one. EXCELLENT Lincoln customer service no matter where I go... and moved from Southern California to Missouri. My first four door car and I wouldn't settle! Very beautiful car.

Licoln way to go!
By Kevin Winter on 04/25/06 14:29 PM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln LS Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my lincoln LS right before Christmas last year...I love it! It is fun to drive and has many electrical ports for all you gadgets...I have not had any major problems with this car...I few steering concerns...easy fix...If you plan to buy one...do it! Lost of fun...great look...cool auto wipers, auto heat/cool seats, wood trim, and very sporty...

Lincoln LS one week
By lincolndrvr on 04/12/06 19:38 PM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln LS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Recently bought used LS v8 Sport with 16K mi. Great deal at $19.5K. My previous car was older Bmw 740. I was surprised how stiff suspension was in the LS. Feels more like new Mustang GT than any Lincoln. Ride much firmer than BMW. Steering is very tight. I'd prefer a slightly softer ride and a little less impact over bumps. LS is very quick, engine smooth and shifts are firm, but occasionally transmission seems to get confused. Seats are fairly comfortable, not too soft or firm. Interior quality is OK except dash looks a little rubbery. For the price, a used LS is a great car. While not quite on par with a BMW it looks good and provides great performance.

sweet ride
By james on 03/20/06 16:32 PM (PST)

2004 Lincoln LS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

this is by far the best vehicle i have been in since well ever. The only thing I don't like is the gas mileage is not as good as our last car, however our old mercury could never do half of what this lincoln can. the epa number is to low we get 19-20 around town and 29-30 on the freeway. our mercury mystique got 33

Luv my Lincoln
By ThadRN on 01/13/06 18:37 PM (PST)

2004 Lincoln LS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Lincoln did a wonderful job when developing the LS. It is a shame it will be discontinued by the end of 2006.

A nice car, not a great car
By Mudbone on 01/13/06 02:06 AM (PST)

2004 Lincoln LS Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my LS 3 months ago "previously owned" with 24k miles. It's a nice car, but not a great car. The ride is firm (depending on the tires) and solid. It's big but doesn't feel big on the road. Exceptional ride on the highway - city driving is unremarkable. In the 3 months I have owned it, we have been in the shop 3 times - transmission, engine knock and noises from the steering column were the causes. You hear too many noises for a car that costs this much. I know I didn't pay sticker, but that's probally the reason the LS is going out of production - it's way overpriced. I got mine for less than half of sticker after only 18 months of use.

The best car ever!
By TimK on 12/08/05 10:17 AM (PST)

2004 Lincoln LS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I've driven a lot of different cars in my lifetime and this by far is the most comfortable, exciting and fun to drive car I've ever owned. Took a road trip this summer to Vegas and didn't feel like I'd just drive 500 miles. Extremely comfortable. Very nimble too, handles like a premium German automobile (Mercedes M-Class, BMW 5- series). Too bad this car is going the way of the dinosaurs in a couple of years (after the '06 model year I believe). I think the boys at Lincoln need to rethink their stand on that and continue to produce this premium luxury sports car. I'd love to buy another Lincoln luxury sports car. Hope I don't have to settle for a Caddy CTS on my next car purchase.

Second Great LS
By JVW on 10/16/05 21:22 PM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln LS Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Leased my first LS and am buying this one. Had zero problems with the first one and am enjoying continued reliability with this one. Handles exceptionally well although the performance of the V6 is just average. Average mileage in LA traffic is 20-22. Great navigation system - easy to program and use. Unbelievably good THX sound system. Heated and cooled seats are great but I don't really use them that much. Great road-trip car, extremely comfortable and silent, plus nearly 30 MPG highway (actual). Design is my only complaint - dated but still very clean. Only recommendation would be if you can afford the gas (runs premium) I'd pick up the V8/sport package for performance boost.

By Chris DeLuca on 06/29/05 17:16 PM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln LS Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My experience with my Lincoln LS has been incredible!! The car practically drives itself, and the comfort level is exceptional. My friends and family have made comments that the car is too good for me. I look forward to and look for reasons to drive the car, and my kids love to be seen with Dad in his awesome car. One of my friends daughters refers to my LS as "DeLuca's Limo", now that is flattering.

Mechanical nightmare
By dstuartbond on 06/20/05 11:28 AM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln LS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

From the day I drove it off the lot it has been in the shop three times for transmission repairs (starting at under 1,000 miles). The engine stalled out on me and would only run on a few cylinders at 80 miles (yes 80). It is now in the shop for the third time for a rear main engine seal that they can't seem to fix (over three weeks in the shop now). The Electronics keep going out (navigation, stereo front power windows and moon roof) all at the same time. They stop functioning for days at a time and then start working again. The dealer has not been able to isolate this problem. The dealer is beside themselves on all of these issues.