2004 Lincoln LS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LS model:
Awesome LS but...
By Pete on 07/01/08 10:04 AM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln LS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

'04 LS is just awesome to drive and look at and want to be in all the time but, fuel mileage is terrible in city and transmission. Has been in dealer shop twice now and is going back again due to jerky shifts, bucking uphills even after replacing trans solenoids.

My first LS...fun so far!
By Stan Smith on 05/08/08 09:48 AM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln LS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in a 2001 Linc Continental for a 2004 Linc LS V8. So far, so good, with a few exceptions - the heated/cooled seat fans are noisy. The steering wheel squeaks. The transmission gets "confused". The front seats, especially the drivers seat, needs to go back a tad further. I am 5'-10" and with my foot on the pedal, my knee is slightly bent - it shouldn't be. Definately a sporty feel - not a "comfort" ride like the old Continental. Overall, I am satisfied.

The Best Car I've Ever Owned
By jldjd on 01/28/08 01:32 AM (PST)

2004 Lincoln LS Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

A former BMW fan, love this Lincoln. I drive a lot of miles, and it is the best. Wish they had not discontinued the LS. The most comfortable, reliable and just plain fun car I've ever owned!

One of the best to come
By Travis Bruce on 10/29/07 12:26 PM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln LS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This car is just so pleasing and is very capable. So powerful and fast for its time and still is with some of these other car. When i purchased this car I felt like i had something before its time.

2004 LSV8
By Jim on 09/16/07 07:46 AM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln LS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned this car since 12/06. Been to the dealer 3 times with coil problems. Each time it was fixed at no charge. Other then the rattles in the doors, that I fxed with some grease I love this car. The heated and A/C seats are great as is the 2 zone climate control. The engine is strong and I like the SST transmission. Seats are very comfortable even on long trips. The Instruments panel is dated in my opinion and I cant read the speedo to easy from my seating position. These are just minor grips. I gace up my Chyrsler 300C to my wife for this ride and I have no complaints. If they made an 07 I would buy that next as I enjoy this car that much.

Almost but not there yet!
By Kingster on 05/19/07 10:30 AM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln LS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2004 LS V8 Unlimited in Jan. of 2007. I test drove it and purchased within hours. I loved the ride and power but was unsure about the transmission. Although I had doubts it was a better car for me than my GTP. I love the V8, nav system and cooled seats are wonderful. But I am getting more dissimpressed with the transmission everyday.

awesome car
By dan on 03/28/07 11:09 AM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln LS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This is a great car. There's absolutely nothing not to like about it, and what a value. The interior is so well laid out, and the performance is excellent. This is my favorite car.

04 LS
By rojodarryl on 02/25/07 13:21 PM (PST)

2004 Lincoln LS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Just bought this car! love it, fun to drive, classy looks and style, all the goodies you can imagine. Very happy with this car.

The Only Lincoln That Matters
By i'll drive on 02/04/07 06:37 AM (PST)

2004 Lincoln LS Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the LS after having to put up with a company issued Taurus. I immediately got a feel for the road again. The LS is glued to the road. It felt secure on turns even high speed ones. I purchased the V6 so the pickup wasn't great, but it was respectable for a V6. I got it in Silver with Grey Leather. The wood trim really made the interior. I upgraded to larger wheels, which gave the exterior a sporty look. As far as maintenance, it was never a problem. I had it in for regular maintenance for the 40,000 miles I had it on the road.

One of the best sedans owned
By Eric Stevens on 11/13/06 17:24 PM (PST)

2004 Lincoln LS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

We were looking at a explorer and saw the ls on the lot. My wife fell in love with its styling. After the test drive we were sold. For the money I feel you couldn't ask for a nicer sport sedan. It has always turned heads with it's looks and acceleration. Fuel mileage is what I expected for a car this size and weight. It's heavy but handling is great. Why does Ford always change what works for them? We've put almost 40,000 on it and the extended warranty would be worth it. Had an issue with the steering column squeaking, and the back panel of the front seat falling off. Both covered no problem under warranty, but I had non- critical issues with all new cars I've purchased. Bring it back.