Used 2004 Lincoln LS Luxury Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Lincoln Ls - Consumer Reviews

2004 Lincoln LS Sedan

View reviews for a specific LS model:

The Best Car I've Ever Owned
By jldjd

2004 Lincoln LS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

A former BMW fan, love this Lincoln. I drive a lot of miles, and it is the best. Wish they had not discontinued the LS. The most comfortable, reliable and just plain fun car I've ever owned!

Favorite Features

Cooled and heated seats, the stereo with cd player behind the screen with the GPS system. The very comfortable seating. Everything about this car has been great.

Suggested Improvements

Cannot think of any.

The Only Lincoln That Matters
By i'll drive

2004 Lincoln LS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the LS after having to put up with a company issued Taurus. I immediately got a feel for the road again. The LS is glued to the road. It felt secure on turns even high speed ones. I purchased the V6 so the pickup wasn't great, but it was respectable for a V6. I got it in Silver with Grey Leather. The wood trim really made the interior. I upgraded to larger wheels, which gave the exterior a sporty look. As far as maintenance, it was never a problem. I had it in for regular maintenance for the 40,000 miles I had it on the road.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling and road handling are excellent. The seating is comfortable even on long trips. The audio/AC controls are easily operated.

Suggested Improvements

They shouldn't have discontinued it. I don't like the Zephyr. I am moved over to the Cadillac CTS 3.6L.

Licoln way to go!
By Kevin Winter

2004 Lincoln LS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my lincoln LS right before Christmas last year...I love it! It is fun to drive and has many electrical ports for all you gadgets...I have not had any major problems with this car...I few steering concerns...easy fix...If you plan to buy one...do it! Lost of fun...great look...cool auto wipers, auto heat/cool seats, wood trim, and very sporty...

Favorite Features

auto wipers, heated and cooled seats, chrome rims, great sound system

Suggested Improvements

More leg room back seat

A nice car, not a great car
By Mudbone

2004 Lincoln LS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my LS 3 months ago "previously owned" with 24k miles. It's a nice car, but not a great car. The ride is firm (depending on the tires) and solid. It's big but doesn't feel big on the road. Exceptional ride on the highway - city driving is unremarkable. In the 3 months I have owned it, we have been in the shop 3 times - transmission, engine knock and noises from the steering column were the causes. You hear too many noises for a car that costs this much. I know I didn't pay sticker, but that's probally the reason the LS is going out of production - it's way overpriced. I got mine for less than half of sticker after only 18 months of use.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, can open the windows and sunroof with the remote

Suggested Improvements

Trip computer should have been std. equipment, more trunk space, regular gas, seats could be a bit more supportive

Second Great LS
By JVW

2004 Lincoln LS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Leased my first LS and am buying this one. Had zero problems with the first one and am enjoying continued reliability with this one. Handles exceptionally well although the performance of the V6 is just average. Average mileage in LA traffic is 20-22. Great navigation system - easy to program and use. Unbelievably good THX sound system. Heated and cooled seats are great but I don't really use them that much. Great road-trip car, extremely comfortable and silent, plus nearly 30 MPG highway (actual). Design is my only complaint - dated but still very clean. Only recommendation would be if you can afford the gas (runs premium) I'd pick up the V8/sport package for performance boost.

Favorite Features

Handling. Quiet. Nav system. Audio. Great leather seats.

Suggested Improvements

See above about picking V8 engine with sport package. Otherwise, none. This is a great luxury sedan.