Used 2004 Lincoln LS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Lincoln Ls - Consumer Reviews

2004 Lincoln LS Sedan

View reviews for a specific LS model:

i absolutely love this car, the hell wit a 6 cyl CTS!!!!
By hollywood0621

2004 Lincoln LS Sedan Ultimate 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I have only had this car a couple weeks but I am so in love!! the power is like driving a 5.0 mustang GT luxury car, with a 5 speed auto or manual transmission, and manual is outrageous! the interior is the finest of leather, heated and cooled seats! Moon roof! oh yea, did I mention how fast it is? mine already had tinted windows, rain vents, when I got it, satin pearl white paint is beautiful! It had 70,000 miles on it when I bought it, 9yrs old, and looks and runs like brand new, my friends cant are still asking me, what year is your car again?

Favorite Features

I really love the power, handling, suspension, interior, stereo system is off the chain, 270 watts! 12 speaker system! love the heated seats, and memory seating for 2....

Suggested Improvements

I wish Lincoln had given it better gas mileage , it sucks, 16 to 17 city, 23 hwy.... :<( and the transmission is a little jerky in in manual shift, other then that, this a wonderful vehicle, good job Lincoln!!

Perfect Sedan for 2 Years Now!
By cascadecolibri

2004 Lincoln LS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

We bought this car used in 2011 while I was expecting our first child. I would not settle for a vehicle if safety was in question. The comfort and space were perfect for my back and belly! The driver side easy-exit seat was awesome! I felt safe riding home from the hospital with my new born daughter. In the time since we purchased it we have only had to do basic maintenance- oil changes, transmission fluid & air filter etc. Coming up on needing new tires. Apart from that I have had No Issues and it has been a blessing. Wish it handled better though. When my daughter is not with me I'd like a more exciting drive, but it might be best that it doesn't handle like a sports car...

Favorite Features

Easy-Exit Drivers Seat, Extremely Reliable, Clean & Comfortable, 20mpg city - 26mpg hwy is awesome for a V8 (synthetic oil & premium gas), Trunk Space fits large stroller +, A/C rocks.

Suggested Improvements

Advance Track system is useless, I remove it anytime conditions worsen, I wish it didn't exist. Car drives better without it. Transmission takes too long to shift, but I've noticed the same on other cars that give you the option to drive standard and/or automatic. I don't like that. Should hug the ground better and make corners at high speeds smoother... Car is governed by computer too much.

My Lincoln LS
By yungdogg06

2004 Lincoln LS Sedan Ultimate 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This car is pretty nice. I bought it in 08 with 35,000mi. In 2010 I started having problems. Transmission went out. Somewhere around $2500 to fix. Shortly after I noticed small things were breaking. A/c vent breaking off, driver chair back broke off, traction control button fell off, eyeglass holder wont stay latched, side rear view mirrors wont adjust, fuel buttons broke... And soon after the rear differential jacked up on me. Thats another $1500 that I payed out of my pocket. If thats not bad enough, just last week on a road trip.... My shifter cable popped off, wrapped around the drive shaft, ripped of trans cover, ripped off sensors and more. Guess theyre not built to last.

Long Run with the LSV8
By Terry Gannon

2004 Lincoln LS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Bought the LS Sport with V8 loaded when it was a year old from turned out to be disreputable Lincoln dealer in Gainsville,FL. After I got home noticed right front door slight different color shade than rest of car. Round and round with lying dealer, had to pay for repaint. Lincoln is the worst of dealers. In 4 times for door rattle, and never fixed. Door window failures, door lock replaced. Replaced 7 of 8 ignition coils, one at a time each visit, Lincoln would not fix all at once. Getting ready to trade it in with 97k, it has been a good friend. WILL NEVER BUY LINCOLN AGAIN. Looking at my FIRST import ever owned at age 62, Accura TL, can't fight the US made fight any longer, I surrender.

Sport Sedan Upgrade
By Percy Mack

2004 Lincoln LS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

My used 2001 LS sold me on this model, so I purchased a 2004 LS in the summer of 2004. I was pleased then and am still pleased after 95000K. The handling is what sold me on this model Lincoln. On long trips using the cruise control net me about 400+ miles per tank. City driving is not so good. Lincoln need to bring this model back. Some factory warranties were still in effect after my regular warranty had expired. When the service department told me that it would be no cost, I was quite pleased. I have had no major problems and hope to drive this one until another one appear in the show windows.

Favorite Features

The sound system. Handling. Power. Looks. Interior Luxury.

Suggested Improvements

The downshifting of the transmission is a bit slow, but if you floor it, be prepared to move.