2004 Lincoln LS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LS model:
i absolutely love this car, the hell wit a 6 cyl CTS!!!!
By hollywood0621 on 10/29/13 16:17 PM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln LS Sedan Ultimate 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I have only had this car a couple weeks but I am so in love!! the power is like driving a 5.0 mustang GT luxury car, with a 5 speed auto or manual transmission, and manual is outrageous! the interior is the finest of leather, heated and cooled seats! Moon roof! oh yea, did I mention how fast it is? mine already had tinted windows, rain vents, when I got it, satin pearl white paint is beautiful! It had 70,000 miles on it when I bought it, 9yrs old, and looks and runs like brand new, my friends cant are still asking me, what year is your car again?

Perfect Sedan for 2 Years Now!
By cascadecolibri on 05/05/13 01:36 AM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln LS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

We bought this car used in 2011 while I was expecting our first child. I would not settle for a vehicle if safety was in question. The comfort and space were perfect for my back and belly! The driver side easy-exit seat was awesome! I felt safe riding home from the hospital with my new born daughter. In the time since we purchased it we have only had to do basic maintenance- oil changes, transmission fluid & air filter etc. Coming up on needing new tires. Apart from that I have had No Issues and it has been a blessing. Wish it handled better though. When my daughter is not with me I'd like a more exciting drive, but it might be best that it doesn't handle like a sports car...

My Lincoln LS
By yungdogg06 on 07/27/11 18:18 PM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln LS Sedan Ultimate 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This car is pretty nice. I bought it in 08 with 35,000mi. In 2010 I started having problems. Transmission went out. Somewhere around $2500 to fix. Shortly after I noticed small things were breaking. A/c vent breaking off, driver chair back broke off, traction control button fell off, eyeglass holder wont stay latched, side rear view mirrors wont adjust, fuel buttons broke... And soon after the rear differential jacked up on me. Thats another $1500 that I payed out of my pocket. If thats not bad enough, just last week on a road trip.... My shifter cable popped off, wrapped around the drive shaft, ripped of trans cover, ripped off sensors and more. Guess theyre not built to last.

Long Run with the LSV8
By Terry Gannon on 02/13/10 06:51 AM (PST)

2004 Lincoln LS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Bought the LS Sport with V8 loaded when it was a year old from turned out to be disreputable Lincoln dealer in Gainsville,FL. After I got home noticed right front door slight different color shade than rest of car. Round and round with lying dealer, had to pay for repaint. Lincoln is the worst of dealers. In 4 times for door rattle, and never fixed. Door window failures, door lock replaced. Replaced 7 of 8 ignition coils, one at a time each visit, Lincoln would not fix all at once. Getting ready to trade it in with 97k, it has been a good friend. WILL NEVER BUY LINCOLN AGAIN. Looking at my FIRST import ever owned at age 62, Accura TL, can't fight the US made fight any longer, I surrender.

Sport Sedan Upgrade
By Percy Mack on 11/25/09 22:51 PM (PST)

2004 Lincoln LS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

My used 2001 LS sold me on this model, so I purchased a 2004 LS in the summer of 2004. I was pleased then and am still pleased after 95000K. The handling is what sold me on this model Lincoln. On long trips using the cruise control net me about 400+ miles per tank. City driving is not so good. Lincoln need to bring this model back. Some factory warranties were still in effect after my regular warranty had expired. When the service department told me that it would be no cost, I was quite pleased. I have had no major problems and hope to drive this one until another one appear in the show windows.

LS V8
By nick p on 11/13/09 13:17 PM (PST)

2004 Lincoln LS Sedan Ultimate 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I love this car, but it has some problems. The car is very jumpy and has very bad MPG. My transmission went out around 92000 miles my catalytic converter is messing up, the 6 disk cd changer has disk error every time i try to change cd's. My driver side back door doesnt lock by its self any more, but other than that the car is great. Its fun to drive has very good get up, very good sound system.

a worthy successor to the old mark serie
By themacguy on 09/12/09 10:01 AM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln LS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased this one for about $12k off list at end of model year. Used 90% local and 10% highway driving, so the miles are only around 10k per year or so. Very good value for the money, even taking into account the depreciation factor since we got it so cheap. Black with a light camel interior shows no wear even after 5 years in the. W. Tx. Sun, and that's saying something since it's never spent a day under cover. Lincoln should have taken the rear doors out and kept this as a 2 door 'mark.' big mistake as the fwd that replaced it is just a corporate car... My family's had lincolns since the 60's, but Lincoln is clearly in trouble now. Very sad.

Upgraded to the LS
By Rob on 03/13/09 14:19 PM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln LS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Had a new Lincoln Zephyr and feel that I have upgraded to an older LS V8, better handling, performance, and overall comfort. at 1/3 the price for a used LS.

Half a loaf
By disappointed on 11/06/08 20:44 PM (PST)

2004 Lincoln LS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I have always owned Fords. Generally like 'em. Stepped up with this one and what a disappointment. Lincoln forgot to pay attention to detail. The transmission takes weeks to downshift so the V-8 power is squandered. The "automatic rain sensitive" wipers are a constant irritant. Throttle tip-in acts more like a 4-cylinder turbo than a V8. The dumb "all windows down and sunroof open" feature activates if the button on the fob is accidentally pushed so the car filled with rain one night. In general, a great potential that has been wrecked by lack of attention to detail. Should have gotten an Impala and saved the money.

You'll Love This Car!
By Tim R. on 07/12/08 07:27 AM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln LS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased a used (18,000 mi.) 2004 V8 with the LSE package in Oct. 2006. Had absolutely no problems so far (42k mi.) Very well "built" luxury sports sedan. Handles great--plenty of power--decent mileage* for a V8 with this power. Highly recommend this car because of value, quality and performance. If your seeking a nice used luxury sports sedan at an "affordable" price, then this car should be on your "list". The car runs fine on 89 octane (mid) gasoline, although 91 octane suggested by factory.