Used 2003 Lincoln LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Lincoln LS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LS model:

Love it , Love it, Love it!
By Rune47

2003 Lincoln LS Premium Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Yes, this car was built to compete with the European sport luxury sedans, and not only complete, they topped them! If not for the transmission it would have been top rated overall but slipped a bit as it's not so great at low rpms. But it is one of the smoothest transmissions you will operate and on the highway it shines! Great power @ upper speeds too! This car is rated as one of the TOP 5 safest cars of ALL TIME! I love it's understated elegance and the engineers put some work with the all aluminum fenders and hood and putting the battery in the trunk to acheive a 50-50 weight balance and is one of the reasons for the superior handling. The alum. J-8 eng. is sweet! The Jaguar platform too!

Smooth handling and power. 19-25 MPH with this power also! Love the interior. Remember this is a SPORT luxury car. Heated and COOLED seats, great for traveling. From the puddle lights, to the 6 CD changer in the dash, to the trac system, the list goes on and on. Great car!

Transmission. This is the GM-Ford conglomerate cooperative transmission. They have tried to make improvements too, but if your slowing down coasting and not come to a complete stop and then want to take off when the light changes, look out! WHAM, you must feather the gas peddle!

I love my Lincoln LS
By yadira

2003 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love my car. Runs good, no noises, fun to drive and I always get nice comment from people. I love the leather interior and lots of room inside. I love it

The seats and sun roof

othing

Never buy again
By VALENCIA EPPS

2003 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I also made the mistake of buying this car and had continuous problems from the brakes to the a/c unit. My car stayed in the shop, and I was told it would be replaced because of so many problems. The car was never replaced. So I was stuck with some problems never being fixed and some additional problems later. Parts coming loose was devastating. I will never buy another Ford or Lincoln from this experience. My automatic lights are not working properly at this time among some other things.

Radio/cd system and steering wheel. I loved the electronic steering wheel even though I experienced problems with it. The ride was slightly smooth.

The best thing to happen was to discontinue it.

Wouldn't Trade For Nothing
By Road Angel

2003 Lincoln LS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This is my dream car. The ride is smooth, the performance beyond expectation, the feeling of grandeur as you weave in and out of traffic. The sound quality, the look of the vehicle itself also tend to relax the mood when driving under stressful conditions. This baby has definitely become mama's new toy.

Ease of performance, smoothness of ride, looks to match

It does require more maintenance to ensure quality of vehicle remains intact, but to me it is worth the trouble. Main concern is the hydraulic shifting of gears may prove costly when they begin to wear out.

Great Little LS
By James Holmgren

2003 Lincoln LS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

As an Industrial Designer the styling of the LS was a big plus. The rear wheel drive handling was refreshing as was the V8 power. There have been no maintenance issues in the three years an 35+ thousand miles I've driven it. The only drawback is the somewhat limited legroom in the back seat.

1st is the V8, then the rear wheel drive and the styling. It is still the best looking Lincolns in a long time.

Add a couple of inches to the rear legroom and a couple of cubic feet to the trunk. A little more sound deadening. With that and all wheel drive and you would have a world class touring sedan.