2002 Lincoln LS Consumer Review: Poor Man's BMW

2002 Lincoln LS - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (3.9L V8 5-speed Automatic)

Poor Man's BMW
By John on

2002 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

We were looking for a performance car with 4 doors and a V-8 to replace our aging Grand Marquis. We settled on the LS after our first test drive. The LS delivers when it comes to power and acceleration and gets decent gas mileage on the highway (24 MPG) and has all the creature comforts you would expect to find on a luxury sport sedan. I would compare it to a BMW 7 series in styling and performance for about half the price. There have been no problems since we had it and the bumper to bumper warranty with free maintenance has made the LS a worry free purchase. The 6 speed transmission shifts flawlessly under full power and the sound from under the hood tells you that this car is a beast!

The V-8 engine is powerful and smooth. Its mated to a 6 speed automatic transmission that just seems to keep the engine in its maximum power range all the time. Passing is a snap in this car and has changed my preference from the interstate highways to open winding country roads.

Theres not much I would change about this car. I don't have any complaints.