Love my LS
By ccarl1 on
2002 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)
Congrats to Lincoln on a great attempt to compete w/ the Germans. This car is fun, looks great, and is very comfortable. Only serious gripes are with the V6, fake wood, vinyl for seatbacks and headrests, and a small paint match flop. My 3.0 V6 and Getrag Manual is underpowered for this 4000lb car. The manual makes up for some of the V6's shortcomings. This car has a clean interior that's easy to use and easy on the eyes. One ext flop, my body paint doesn't quite match the fascia's. I have the Silver Birch and when the sun hits the side of the car, there's a difference in the amount of metallic in the body paint compared to fascia paint.
Favorite Features
Love the Alpine stereo. Rain sensing/ heated wipers are neat. Comfy seats and driving position. Love the ext styling. Getrag Manual is smooth and fantastic ride and handling.Outstanding Lincoln Cust Svc w/ 3 years/36,000 Complimentary Maint on new purchases! Best bang for the buck.
Suggested Improvements
Either beef up or lose the V6 altogether. Work on the paint matching...some people really do look at their cars that close. NO vinyl or fake wood...EVER! Side mirrors need to also dim along with interior dimming rear view mirror.