2002 Lincoln LS 3.9L V8 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Little Giant

2002 Lincoln LS Sedan - Consumer Review

Little Giant
By Caponsacchi on

2002 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

The best value in a used car. I paid less than half of the sticker price, and the car, with less than 30,000 miles, was mint. I thought I'd wanted a bigger, flashier car--a 2002 Continental or a new Chrysler 300. But both of these models felt clunky and were not much fun to drive. The LS, though understated in exterior appearance, has a substantially longer wheelbase than the Continental. It's trim in appearance, yet it dwarfs my wife's Maxima when they're side by side. (She's jealous and wants to trade cars with me.) This is understated luxury, "cool" but not ostentatious. Lots of useful gadgets and conveniences. Only my left knee is disgruntled.

Favorite Features

Love the automatic temperature, seat and steering wheel settings. Also, the ease of folding down the left seat and the ample hauling space. Tight, sporty ride and handling. The leather steering wheel is the best i've ever had my hands around. The car makes a statement without "trying."

Suggested Improvements

The placement and two-inch extension of the panel containing the window switches really limits any lateral movement of the driver's left leg. Re-locate, redesign this feature so that an otherwise spacious, "big" car can't be mistaken for a Honda Civic by the driver's left knee.