2002 Lincoln LS Consumer Review: Good looking, comfortable crui

2002 Lincoln LS - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (3.9L V8 5-speed Automatic)

Good looking, comfortable cruiser
By bigpoppa on

2002 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased my 02' V8 in May of 09'. Only 58k on the odometer at the time, and the previous owners seemed to take good mechanical care of it. It is a great looking car! Shine it up and take it for a cruise on a sunny afternoon and it still turns a few heads. Clean lines and a classic "Euro" look means it has aged very well, compared to something like the CTS. I find the ergonomics/levels of comfort perfect for my 6'2" figure, but as others have said, the interior materials need more refinement. The ride is smooth on most surfaces, but gets uncomfortable over rough pavement. Performance is good, can't go wrong with the ol' V8/RWD setup. Fast depreciation makes for a good used value.

Favorite Features

Steering is very good, and the interior fits 4 comfortably. The factory stereo is also very nice, however there is some vibration coming from the speaker in the drivers door when playing songs with a lot of bass. My favorite part of the car is the clean, understated appearance.

Suggested Improvements

Have pretty much all of the common issues, loose rear seatback, foggy headlight, a few interior squeaks/rattles, etc. Acceleration off the line could be better for a V8 that gulps premium fuel (getting 16 mpg around town). Interior materials aren't up to par, and the factory 16" wheels are pitted.