Used 2002 Lincoln LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Lincoln Ls - Consumer Reviews

2002 Lincoln LS

View reviews for a specific LS model:

2002 LINCOLN LS
By ROY

2002 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

LOVE THE RIDE AND HANDLEING. THE TRUCK ACCESSABILITY WAS A KEY FEATURE AS WE NEED TO CARRY A WHEELCHAIR FOR MOM AND THE EASE TO LOAD AND UNLOAD FROM THE TRUNK WAS SUPER. ALSO HAD A GREAT NEED FOR THE DUAL ZONE HEATING AND AIR CONDITIONING.

Favorite Features

DUAL ZONE CLIMATE CONTROL

2002 LINCOLN LS
By roy

2002 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Favorite Features

DUAL ZONE CLIMATE CONTROL

My '02 LS Experience
By aSHOboy

2002 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This car is a real winner when it comes to the "fun to drive" category. It has excellent acceleration and corners like it's on rails, by far the best "road" car I've ever owned! However, I don't think I've had a car with so many squeaks and rattles before. The first ones started making noise at less than 1,000 miles, and it's only gotten worse...much worse! The fuel economy leaves a lot to be desired as well. I have friends with 4.6L Mustang GT's that get better, or at least similar, mileage than I do with this little 3.9L V8.

Favorite Features

I love the Alpine 6-disc in-dash CD changer and the heated windshield wipers. The automatic "rain sensing" wipers are a joke though!

Suggested Improvements

Please work on the fit/finish and squeak and rattle problems with this car. Everyone I've spoken with that owns one complains about the same thing...including national automotive journalists...DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

2002 v8 sport
By larryd187

2002 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

We really enjoy this car. It has everything we wanted. It handles well in corners and cruises down the open road at ease. It's real easy to be going 80MPH before you relize it. The stereo is outstanding, except for the over powering sub-woofers in the rear. The www.llsoc.com website (Lincoln LS owners club) was very helpful and continues to be, with all the little quirks that happen from time to time. Would I buy another LS again...I dont think so, a BMW will be next for me.

Favorite Features

All in all the whole car is nice. Favorite Feature would have to be the heated seats...

Suggested Improvements

Redesign the trunk mounts. The bracket/hinges get in the way when loading things into the trunk.

Everything I thiught it would be
By RA Jensen

2002 Lincoln LS LSE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Best car I've ever owned. After 5000 miles, not a single problem or defect of any kind.

Favorite Features

Handling and comfort. Lives up to Edmunds inclusion in the Top Five cars for commuting.

Suggested Improvements

More interior space for storage.