2002 Lincoln LS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LS model:
2002 Lincoln LS V8 (2nd review)
By vkmaxima on 10/31/13 13:18 PM (PDT)

2002 Lincoln LS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This is my second review of my LS. I've owned it a little over a year now, and I still like it. The fuel economy is not the best, but then again it is a V8. I average anywhere from 13-15 mpg city, and 17-22 mpg highway on 91 octane fuel. In this past year I've change all four tires, rear brakes and rotors, alternator, air filter, cabin filter, and a few bulbs. Now I have to fix both front upper control arms,spark and coil plugs,and clock-spring. I purchased this car with 167k miles, so obviously repairs were expected, but I now have 183k. That's 16k miles in one year, I like to drive a lot. I use Pennzoil Synthetic Blend 5W-30 instead of 5W-20, it runs much smoother. Overall a good car.

A hidden jaguar
By roman_capps on 06/10/13 17:05 PM (PDT)

2002 Lincoln LS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

A great friend of mine has a 2002 Lincoln LS but the engine is the 4.0 jag engine which isn't compatible with the transmission which holds up surprisingly. The person before us was a complete idiot of putting a jag engine in it. But it is B-E-A utiful it rides like a calm sea current they interior is greatly put together some cracks in the seats and window controls blemishes it. I have never , never have found such beauty in a car much rather something built by ford. I automatically feel in love with it when I drove even though it was stuck in over drive 1. lovely just lovely, but always get a car fax report when making a used car purchase you may never know what you find !

First Lincoln!
By vkmaxima on 12/20/12 22:27 PM (PST)

2002 Lincoln LS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Couldn't afford my 2005 Nissan Maxima anymore (stay away from that car). I needed something inexpensive, and so I found this 2002 Lincoln LS V8 with 167k on it for $4500. The ride is very smooth and comfortable. It has plenty of get up and go. I've never driven a V8 before, and boy do I love it!!! Even though it's 10 years old, plenty of people compliment how good it looks. A few things don't work like my heater, rear defroster, and horn(clock-spring). I think an engine mount is broken,because there's a slight bump into reverse. Other than that she runs/shifts smoothly. It does require premium fuel,and I get about 14-18 city, and 23-27 hwy. It's a pretty rare car,which makes me like it more.

Great Car
By likeusluxury on 07/29/12 12:50 PM (PDT)

2002 Lincoln LS Sedan LSE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My 2nd LS. I had a 2004 LS. I bought a 2002 LS for my daughter. Bought both used. Highly recommend. My daughter loves her car. Fun to drive. Highly reliable. Safe. Between the 2 cars have over 100,000 miles with only one issue at all. If you can get one, get it. You will not be sorry.

LS is great American car
By likeusluxury on 07/07/11 14:34 PM (PDT)

2002 Lincoln LS Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had a 2004 Lincoln LS and now a 2002 Lincoln LS. Bought both used, and hav out over 65,000 miles on the two. Great cars. Had 2 mchanical incidents in that time. Nothing major. Blast to drive. Safe. Would highly recommend.

Love my car but it is breaking me!
By csmorgan on 10/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lincoln LS Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Where oh where do I begin? I bought this car in 2008 with 70k miles on it from the Ford dealership. I have replaced 4 coils, 4 plugs, 1 valve cover gasket seal, one headlight assembly due to a bad seal, clock spring due to airbag light (that worked for about a year now the airbag light is back on), front brake pads, and now the power steering pump is leaking fluid somewhere.

I love it, but it's cursed
By Kristy on 07/09/10 12:36 PM (PDT)

2002 Lincoln LS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Keep in mind, I have bought it with 178,000 miles on it at a very good price. Nothing but problems so far. I have barely been able to drive it. The transmission was bad. Replaced rack and pinions, all front control arms, hydraulic fan, hydraulic pump, power steering pump, and driver's side window regulator. I'm hoping after the control arms are replaced I will be able to finally drive it. Plus, my air bag light is on. Also, my check engine light is on due to a leak in a HVac hose somewhere. All I say is keep up with the maintenance on this car.

I still love my Lincoln
By mlabeau on 04/18/10 18:42 PM (PDT)

2002 Lincoln LS Sedan LSE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my LS just over two years ago with just under 25k miles. Now it has over 75k miles and it still drives like new. I did replace the brake pads with carbon/ceramic pads about 30K ago and replaced the tires. Other than oil changes, that's it. This is an amazing car. I can't tell you how much love this car.

I love my LS!
By I LOVE MY LS! on 03/16/10 13:27 PM (PDT)

2002 Lincoln LS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Bought my LS about 5 years ago and have had absolutely NO problems at all and I love it..Handles well, excellent gas mileage (24-27 MPG) and is very comfortable and fun to drive. Would recommend it! Have had several FORD/LINCOLN products and they have all been excellent cars/trucks! No Problems!

So Far, So Good!
By KHoffman on 02/28/10 21:06 PM (PST)

2002 Lincoln LS Sedan LSE 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I've had my Lincoln LS for one year now and have had no problems whatsoever. The 252 HP V8 delivers very good acceleration and passing other cars is a breeze. Fuel economy is the car's one weak spot. The transmission is smooth shifting (nearly as smooth as my old Buick Regal) and throttle input is good. I bought the LSE trim which has a firmer suspension than the standard LS, so road imperfections are more noticable, but the ride is by no means harsh. The trunk is large enough, but fairly shallow. Even though the design is conservative, it still gets attention from onlookers because there are so few on the road. The LS is everything a luxury car should be.