Used 2002 Lincoln LS Sedan Consumer Reviews - 131 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Lincoln LS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2002 Lincoln LS Sedan

View reviews for a specific LS model:

NOT A GOOD CHOICE.. and its sad
By Brit

2002 Lincoln LS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I have been crushing on this particular car since the early 2000's when I was in junior high. Finally I got old enough, but not smart enough to go out and pick out my own car.. I have had it for a year now.. and Ive had many problems with it. The inside is falling apart.... (air vents...driver heated seat..door control panel...) the 2 driver side windows have quit working and they're both off track.. The heater doesnt blow very warm, esp on the driver side and the a/c quits after getting up to about 35-40 mph and it doesnt work at all on the passenger side. The radio...well the speakers are magnificent! The cd player hasnt worked since I bought it. Lets see.. The battery is huge and its located in the trunk... had to have new breaks over the summer- which those are normal replacement parts on any vehicle. Had to have the water pump replaced. I have recently had to replace the power steering pump and let me tell you, it was a job and a half getting that done, the location on the darned thing was horrible.. I've been having trouble with the jewel shifting out of 1st gear properly... The car started missin' after I got it... and the gas miliage has since then been horrible.. i am lucky to get 10 mpg. Oh yeah ..there's something going on with the advance trac mode/deal.. that and the break light sometimes stay on after starting the car..I just shut off and turn it back on til they are not there. There isnt really anything too normal about this car, but I guess thats a "Lincoln Lesson" for ya. Anyhow the body on the car is super cute in my opinion, and like I said the radio sounds great but only makes for an expensive looking radio... and if youre looking for a car, remember any of these that are actually left on the road today.. will only wind up being left on the road.. :-( Ive still got mine simply because right now its my only option.. too bad I dont have one in my yard I could use for parts... But then again, there wouldn't be...because they're all junk.. lemons, i tell ya... and it certainly is a heartbreaker... she aint worth a dang, but boy she's pretty. Now i gotta go, time for me to take it and have the oil changed and a tire rod end replaced.

2002 Lincoln LS V8 (2nd review)
By vkmaxima

2002 Lincoln LS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This is my second review of my LS. I've owned it a little over a year now, and I still like it. The fuel economy is not the best, but then again it is a V8. I average anywhere from 13-15 mpg city, and 17-22 mpg highway on 91 octane fuel. In this past year I've change all four tires, rear brakes and rotors, alternator, air filter, cabin filter, and a few bulbs. Now I have to fix both front upper control arms,spark and coil plugs,and clock-spring. I purchased this car with 167k miles, so obviously repairs were expected, but I now have 183k. That's 16k miles in one year, I like to drive a lot. I use Pennzoil Synthetic Blend 5W-30 instead of 5W-20, it runs much smoother. Overall a good car.

smooth ride quality, comfort, tilt-telescoping steering wheel, memory seat, handling, performance, 6 disc CD changer, info system, exterior style.

rear leg room, interior materials, build quality and reliability, fuel economy, dipstick for transmission fluid, sound system

A hidden jaguar
By roman_capps

2002 Lincoln LS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

A great friend of mine has a 2002 Lincoln LS but the engine is the 4.0 jag engine which isn't compatible with the transmission which holds up surprisingly. The person before us was a complete idiot of putting a jag engine in it. But it is B-E-A utiful it
rides like a calm sea current they interior is greatly put together some cracks in the seats and window controls blemishes it. I have never , never have found such beauty in a car much rather something built by ford. I automatically feel in love with it when I drove even though it was stuck in over drive 1. lovely just lovely, but always get a car fax report when making a used car purchase you may never know what you find !

the ride, performance (helped by jag), interior and exterior looks.

nothing, people should screw with a beautiful machine

First Lincoln!
By vkmaxima

2002 Lincoln LS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Couldn't afford my 2005 Nissan Maxima anymore (stay away from that car). I needed something inexpensive, and so I found this 2002 Lincoln LS V8 with 167k on it for $4500. The ride is very smooth and comfortable. It has plenty of get up and go. I've never driven a V8 before, and boy do I love it!!! Even though it's 10 years old, plenty of people compliment how good it looks. A few things don't work like my heater, rear defroster, and horn(clock-spring). I think an engine mount is broken,because there's a slight bump into reverse. Other than that she runs/shifts smoothly. It does require premium fuel,and I get about 14-18 city, and 23-27 hwy. It's a pretty rare car,which makes me like it more.

Power tilt-telescoping steering wheel, 17"chrome rims, exterior design, auto dimming mirrors, memory seats, V8 power, ride quality.

Not requiring premium fuel, cup holders, center console materials.

Great Car
By likeusluxury

2002 Lincoln LS Sedan LSE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My 2nd LS. I had a 2004 LS. I bought a 2002 LS for my daughter. Bought both used. Highly recommend. My daughter loves her car. Fun to drive. Highly reliable. Safe.

Between the 2 cars have over 100,000 miles with only one issue at all. If you can get one, get it. You will not be sorry.