Used 2002 Lincoln LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Lincoln LS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LS model:

2002 Lincoln LS V8 (2nd review)
By vkmaxima

2002 Lincoln LS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This is my second review of my LS. I've owned it a little over a year now, and I still like it. The fuel economy is not the best, but then again it is a V8. I average anywhere from 13-15 mpg city, and 17-22 mpg highway on 91 octane fuel. In this past year I've change all four tires, rear brakes and rotors, alternator, air filter, cabin filter, and a few bulbs. Now I have to fix both front upper control arms,spark and coil plugs,and clock-spring. I purchased this car with 167k miles, so obviously repairs were expected, but I now have 183k. That's 16k miles in one year, I like to drive a lot. I use Pennzoil Synthetic Blend 5W-30 instead of 5W-20, it runs much smoother. Overall a good car.

smooth ride quality, comfort, tilt-telescoping steering wheel, memory seat, handling, performance, 6 disc CD changer, info system, exterior style.

rear leg room, interior materials, build quality and reliability, fuel economy, dipstick for transmission fluid, sound system

A hidden jaguar
By roman_capps

2002 Lincoln LS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

A great friend of mine has a 2002 Lincoln LS but the engine is the 4.0 jag engine which isn't compatible with the transmission which holds up surprisingly. The person before us was a complete idiot of putting a jag engine in it. But it is B-E-A utiful it rides like a calm sea current they interior is greatly put together some cracks in the seats and window controls blemishes it. I have never , never have found such beauty in a car much rather something built by ford. I automatically feel in love with it when I drove even though it was stuck in over drive 1. lovely just lovely, but always get a car fax report when making a used car purchase you may never know what you find !

the ride, performance (helped by jag), interior and exterior looks.

nothing, people should screw with a beautiful machine

First Lincoln!
By vkmaxima

2002 Lincoln LS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Couldn't afford my 2005 Nissan Maxima anymore (stay away from that car). I needed something inexpensive, and so I found this 2002 Lincoln LS V8 with 167k on it for $4500. The ride is very smooth and comfortable. It has plenty of get up and go. I've never driven a V8 before, and boy do I love it!!! Even though it's 10 years old, plenty of people compliment how good it looks. A few things don't work like my heater, rear defroster, and horn(clock-spring). I think an engine mount is broken,because there's a slight bump into reverse. Other than that she runs/shifts smoothly. It does require premium fuel,and I get about 14-18 city, and 23-27 hwy. It's a pretty rare car,which makes me like it more.

Power tilt-telescoping steering wheel, 17"chrome rims, exterior design, auto dimming mirrors, memory seats, V8 power, ride quality.

Not requiring premium fuel, cup holders, center console materials.

Great Car
By likeusluxury

2002 Lincoln LS LSE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My 2nd LS. I had a 2004 LS. I bought a 2002 LS for my daughter. Bought both used. Highly recommend. My daughter loves her car. Fun to drive. Highly reliable. Safe. Between the 2 cars have over 100,000 miles with only one issue at all. If you can get one, get it. You will not be sorry.

LS is great American car
By likeusluxury

2002 Lincoln LS Premium 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had a 2004 Lincoln LS and now a 2002 Lincoln LS. Bought both used, and hav out over 65,000 miles on the two. Great cars. Had 2 mchanical incidents in that time. Nothing major. Blast to drive. Safe. Would highly recommend.

Driveability, handling, safety. My wife was in a major accident with our first 2004 LS. Everyone walked away.

Trunk design. Would have thought MPG could be a little better.