Used 2001 Lincoln LS Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Lincoln Ls - Consumer Reviews

2001 Lincoln LS

View reviews for a specific LS model:

Worst car I ever owned
By Steve Mcblue

2001 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

problems since day 1, terrible reliability with this car. I wont even start listing the issues cause it pains me. I'm a mechanic and this is one of the worst cars to work on. Do yourself a favor and stay far away from the LS.

Favorite Features

when the suspension isn't broken the car handles very well

Suggested Improvements

they stopped making this car, good riddance LS

Time to let her go
By Ollie

2001 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this car for my wife and for the first 3 years of owning the car it was great. Slowly things started going wrong which I guess is normal. CD quit working, passeger door lock quit opening, gas door stopped opening, that kind of thing. at 89k it developed a spudder when you stepped on the gas. After some research I realized it was either one of two fuel pumps or a coil. Pumps were $300 bucks a piece, coils were $50 a piece. I have replaced one coil already and I liken it to performing surgery, not fun to work on this car at all. Its a great car when it runs well but a nightmare to work on and very expensive to maintain when things start going bad. Trade in value is horrible.

Favorite Features

powerful engine and heated leather seats.

Suggested Improvements

Better lenses for headlights, they start to haze pretty bad.

Good sports car not a family car
By Bring back the LS

2001 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I have had the vehicle for a few years now. I have had just a few problems with it. the valve cover gaskets leaked, the chrome on the inside of the rims had oxidated and potted out. I recently had to purchase new rims for the vehicle 8(. Over all the car has been a good car gets okay fuel mileage for a V8. Only thing i wish it had more of is storage room in the trunk and room in the car with 2 kids it can be a tight fit on long trips.

Favorite Features

love the look of the car inside and out and the performance. Fun to drive and looks great doing it.

Suggested Improvements

the rims, i have talked to a lot of people who have the chrome rims that have had problems with them and after reading these reviews it sounds like several more people have had problems. the valve cover gaskets are another issue with this car.

Nothing but problems
By michelle

2001 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle has been nothing but huge problems, electrical short blows out the tail lights, pieces of the interior just fall off (face plates, heater/ac vents), horn does not work, back fires from the manifold, doesn't start after the first am start, takes five cranks to get this thing running. This car should have been recalled it is a LEMON, nice to look at but not dependable at all! Poor job on this year/model Lincoln. Do not recommend unless you want to be nickel and dimed to death. Gas mileage was not even a concern it is just the odd mechanical problems this car has.

Favorite Features

Looks great from the outside.

Suggested Improvements

should be scrapped.

2001 LS Review
By cahill

2001 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Bought the LS in 2002 as a new car. Am totally satisfied. It feels like a car I can still rely on especially with 130,000 miles on it. I had to replace the window regulator twice, once on the driver side and once on the passenger side. The cause both times were the plastic rollers and not the regulators. Also the drivers seat heater quit working. Other than that I love the car and would buy one again it it ever goes back into production.