2001 Lincoln LS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LS model:
Worst car I ever owned
By Steve Mcblue on 07/19/10 17:52 PM (PDT)

2001 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

problems since day 1, terrible reliability with this car. I wont even start listing the issues cause it pains me. I'm a mechanic and this is one of the worst cars to work on. Do yourself a favor and stay far away from the LS.

Time to let her go
By Ollie on 05/19/10 17:49 PM (PDT)

2001 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this car for my wife and for the first 3 years of owning the car it was great. Slowly things started going wrong which I guess is normal. CD quit working, passeger door lock quit opening, gas door stopped opening, that kind of thing. at 89k it developed a spudder when you stepped on the gas. After some research I realized it was either one of two fuel pumps or a coil. Pumps were $300 bucks a piece, coils were $50 a piece. I have replaced one coil already and I liken it to performing surgery, not fun to work on this car at all. Its a great car when it runs well but a nightmare to work on and very expensive to maintain when things start going bad. Trade in value is horrible.

Good sports car not a family car
By Bring back the LS on 12/17/09 11:01 AM (PST)

2001 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I have had the vehicle for a few years now. I have had just a few problems with it. the valve cover gaskets leaked, the chrome on the inside of the rims had oxidated and potted out. I recently had to purchase new rims for the vehicle 8(. Over all the car has been a good car gets okay fuel mileage for a V8. Only thing i wish it had more of is storage room in the trunk and room in the car with 2 kids it can be a tight fit on long trips.

Nothing but problems
By michelle on 12/14/09 09:14 AM (PST)

2001 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle has been nothing but huge problems, electrical short blows out the tail lights, pieces of the interior just fall off (face plates, heater/ac vents), horn does not work, back fires from the manifold, doesn't start after the first am start, takes five cranks to get this thing running. This car should have been recalled it is a LEMON, nice to look at but not dependable at all! Poor job on this year/model Lincoln. Do not recommend unless you want to be nickel and dimed to death. Gas mileage was not even a concern it is just the odd mechanical problems this car has.

2001 LS Review
By cahill on 12/05/09 13:36 PM (PST)

2001 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Bought the LS in 2002 as a new car. Am totally satisfied. It feels like a car I can still rely on especially with 130,000 miles on it. I had to replace the window regulator twice, once on the driver side and once on the passenger side. The cause both times were the plastic rollers and not the regulators. Also the drivers seat heater quit working. Other than that I love the car and would buy one again it it ever goes back into production.

After all these years!
By Jerry Stratos on 10/20/09 04:45 AM (PDT)

2001 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

After 3.5 years of owning a used Lincoln LS... Never again. :( Especially taking new dates on ventures where you smell smoke buring off the engine because of a valve cover gasket leak... As I go down the highway the sterring wheel shakes vigorously and I assure her everthing is safe. :O Last but not least... I refill my tires with air because I don't have the money to replace my corroding rims that are decaying from the inside out. This car has cost me more money than it was worth... I should kept my old 87 Honda Accord that I sold for 500 bucks! No wonder our beloved automakers are losing ground against the foreign competition...

This car has guts
By Razbo on 04/29/09 08:15 AM (PDT)

2001 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Love this vehicle. It's a muscle car disguised as a sedan. Quiet, comfortable ride. The luxury you'd expect from a Lincoln but this car moves. No major problems/repairs. I'm passing this car down to my daughter soon and I'm going to miss it.

Say No to Ls
By Chris on 02/18/08 13:15 PM (PST)

2001 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This is a awsome vehicle when running. At 99k the engine threw a rod which Ford could not replace.the lower ball joints went out which cost big bucks.It has cost a lot of money to own.I do want to point out that if your ls miss fires check for oil around the spark plug because it will leak oil int that area.

Keep Duct Tape Handy
By John from Cincinnati on 01/16/08 20:19 PM (PST)

2001 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Most of the time, I have truely enjoyed this vehicle. It was 3 years old when I purchased it, but only had 4,500 miles, so was almost like new. It is a very quiet car and comfortable. My major "beef" is with the window regulators. I have needed to have all four rebuilt! You can be driving along when a window simply falls down, off the track. I keep duct tape handy so I can tape the glass back up until the dealer repairs it again. Lincoln will not admitted that they have a serious design flaw. Very disappointing. No more Lincoln's for me!

Great used luxury vehicle
By cwo3usmcret on 12/17/07 15:32 PM (PST)

2001 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I have read the previous reviews on this car. I think this is one of the best looking cars that I have owned. The interior is very classy. I did need to have new valve covers put on, but that is normal. This is a quality car, very well built and fun to drive.