2001 Lincoln LS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LS model:
Worst car I ever owned
By Steve Mcblue on 07/19/10 17:52 PM (PDT)

2001 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

problems since day 1, terrible reliability with this car. I wont even start listing the issues cause it pains me. I'm a mechanic and this is one of the worst cars to work on. Do yourself a favor and stay far away from the LS.

Time to let her go
By Ollie on 05/19/10 17:49 PM (PDT)

2001 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this car for my wife and for the first 3 years of owning the car it was great. Slowly things started going wrong which I guess is normal. CD quit working, passeger door lock quit opening, gas door stopped opening, that kind of thing. at 89k it developed a spudder when you stepped on the gas. After some research I realized it was either one of two fuel pumps or a coil. Pumps were $300 bucks a piece, coils were $50 a piece. I have replaced one coil already and I liken it to performing surgery, not fun to work on this car at all. Its a great car when it runs well but a nightmare to work on and very expensive to maintain when things start going bad. Trade in value is horrible.

Best Car ever.
By Kelly on 12/30/09 16:59 PM (PST)

2001 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I owned a 01 Lincoln LS until 12/23/09 and the reason for that is someone rear ended me and pushed me into oncoming traffic i then collided with a mustang i had 3 people plus me in the car we all walked away with just scraps and bruises that lincoln LS saved my family and my lives I will never drive anything else i will only feel safe in the lincoln so i am now shopping for a another one....

Good sports car not a family car
By Bring back the LS on 12/17/09 11:01 AM (PST)

2001 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I have had the vehicle for a few years now. I have had just a few problems with it. the valve cover gaskets leaked, the chrome on the inside of the rims had oxidated and potted out. I recently had to purchase new rims for the vehicle 8(. Over all the car has been a good car gets okay fuel mileage for a V8. Only thing i wish it had more of is storage room in the trunk and room in the car with 2 kids it can be a tight fit on long trips.

Nothing but problems
By michelle on 12/14/09 09:14 AM (PST)

2001 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle has been nothing but huge problems, electrical short blows out the tail lights, pieces of the interior just fall off (face plates, heater/ac vents), horn does not work, back fires from the manifold, doesn't start after the first am start, takes five cranks to get this thing running. This car should have been recalled it is a LEMON, nice to look at but not dependable at all! Poor job on this year/model Lincoln. Do not recommend unless you want to be nickel and dimed to death. Gas mileage was not even a concern it is just the odd mechanical problems this car has.

2001 LS Review
By cahill on 12/05/09 13:36 PM (PST)

2001 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Bought the LS in 2002 as a new car. Am totally satisfied. It feels like a car I can still rely on especially with 130,000 miles on it. I had to replace the window regulator twice, once on the driver side and once on the passenger side. The cause both times were the plastic rollers and not the regulators. Also the drivers seat heater quit working. Other than that I love the car and would buy one again it it ever goes back into production.

After all these years!
By Jerry Stratos on 10/20/09 04:45 AM (PDT)

2001 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

After 3.5 years of owning a used Lincoln LS... Never again. :( Especially taking new dates on ventures where you smell smoke buring off the engine because of a valve cover gasket leak... As I go down the highway the sterring wheel shakes vigorously and I assure her everthing is safe. :O Last but not least... I refill my tires with air because I don't have the money to replace my corroding rims that are decaying from the inside out. This car has cost me more money than it was worth... I should kept my old 87 Honda Accord that I sold for 500 bucks! No wonder our beloved automakers are losing ground against the foreign competition...

This car has guts
By Razbo on 04/29/09 08:15 AM (PDT)

2001 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Love this vehicle. It's a muscle car disguised as a sedan. Quiet, comfortable ride. The luxury you'd expect from a Lincoln but this car moves. No major problems/repairs. I'm passing this car down to my daughter soon and I'm going to miss it.

Great car gone bad!
By D.Boyd on 07/23/08 09:32 AM (PDT)

2001 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2001 LS as a lease return in Jan. of 2004 with 66,000K. Car was in perfect condition and had just been serviced by the dealer. Purchased a 48 month/50K warranty.Put 22,400 miles in 4 years when the transmission solenoids went bad. Cost $1090 to fix. Then a coil went bad. Cost $690. 10 months after the transmission problem, the transmission went out again. The dealer had closed so I went to AMMCO for the work. Cost $4200. Was thinking this car is costing me way too much when the car stopped on the freeway. Towed to dealer ,the engine coils were bad. Cost $2470. Dealer could not get the car to idle correctly. Took the car back 3 times, no luck. Traded in for 07 Infiniti G35.

Great car!
By Eric on 07/07/08 09:45 AM (PDT)

2001 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my LS new in 2001. As of July 2008 I have 144,000 miles on it. Overall this has been a great car. It's a V6 with 5 speed manual trans. The only problems I have had are 2 window regulators (I see this is a common problem but you can replace them yourself its not that hard) and 2 ignition coils that failed. I am still on the original clutch and have only replaced tires and brakes once - at 75,000 miles. Ride and handling are great, power is adequate, and fuel economy is good. I get about 20-22 mpg in normal city driving, and have seen high 20's on freeway trips.