Used 2000 Lincoln LS Consumer Reviews - 135 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Lincoln LS - Consumer Reviews

2000 Lincoln LS

View reviews for a specific LS model:

10 year ownership
By jimboh55

2000 Lincoln LS V8 4dr Sedan

Purchased new in 2000. No problems for first 7 years. Now am concerned. In last few years had to replace some coils, valve cover gaskets($1000), rebuild differental ($1000),replace front ball joints ($459),replace rack and pinon ($650),replace alternator ($450),fix airbag system (light stayed on -$400).replace driver window system ($400) Hope no more problems Car is a great road car and is wifes daily driver. We have used for multiple road trips (130000 miles) over the years.Outside of current repair concerns we love the car. Only other complaint is poor interior storage. We get 27 - 28 mpg on road trips.

Great driving car

Reliability issues. more interior storage.

Cautious Optimism
By -H-

2000 Lincoln LS V6 4dr Sedan

Some of the reviews I have read are very scary. I have been somewhat fortunate so far, but have had some of the more common malfunctions mentioned in other reviews. The car had 70k miles on it when purchased. It now has 105k on it. It is a rear wheel drive car and does handle terribly in the snow. I have had 1 window malfunction, the air condition did blow out hot and cold air at the same time, and the ball joints caused the steering to shake. These repairs totaled around $750, and that is it so far. None of the malfunctions caused the car to break down, but were recommended repairs. Around 25 mi per gallon. If that is all that happens I will be very happy with this ride.

The exterior style is gorgeous. The interior is nice as well. Very comfortable, and handles great (as long there is no ice).

Some higher quality parts could have been used to avoid some of the more typical break downs mentioned in my and other reviews. Better handling in adverse weather would be nice as well.

Great Road Car
By jimbo

2000 Lincoln LS V8 4dr Sedan

Wife's car: Great road car 27-28mpg. have had to rebuild differential $1000 in 09, This year new rack and pinion & ball joints $1000, 07 two new coils and valve gaskets $900. We plan to keep this car although future repairs may change out decision. Car is a joy to drive we do many road trips. Ford recommends prem. we use regular no problems re reg at all over the years

V-8 and handling

Better gas mileage although with v-8 nt possible. Day to day needs is better interior storage, has two front cup holders, and cd unit in glove box plus two narrow door holders not designed well.

Unless you make six figures...DON'T BUY
By Procks55

2000 Lincoln LS V8 4dr Sedan

I bought this when I was in my early twenties before I knew about researching a vehicle, now in my late twenties I know better. I understand vehicles come with some repairs however my list of repairs are ridiculous: Plugs, Coils and Valve cover gaskets replaced on both sides twice, new transmission, new alternator, two bad wheel bearings, bad ball joint, two window regulators (my fault) and my favorite feature is when it is super cold in our MN winters it doesn't like to start very much. What a joke, some of the things listed could pertain to my driving habits but not all of them. All in all unless you are a millionaire forget about it.

Getting rid of it

WHAT A GREAT LINCOLN
By COBRAJ

2000 Lincoln LS V8 4dr Sedan

I was looking for a mid-full size luxury car. Compared to BMW, Mercedes and Cadillac this was by far the best selection. Ten years later I'm still overjoyed on my LS Sport. My friends who bought the Bimmer and MBs have already traded their cars in due to repair costs. Over the course of 10 years I've only had $1200 in costs not associated with the normal wear and tear. Terrific handling, comfort and creature comforts make the LS a great buy. In fact I'm looking for a 2006 Ultimate edition now! Great job FLM!

Handling, Alpine Stereo and looks!

Better fuel economy