Used 2000 Lincoln LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Lincoln LS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LS model:

Great Road Car
By jimbo

2000 Lincoln LS V8 4dr Sedan

Wife's car: Great road car 27-28mpg. have had to rebuild differential $1000 in 09, This year new rack and pinion & ball joints $1000, 07 two new coils and valve gaskets $900. We plan to keep this car although future repairs may change out decision. Car is a joy to drive we do many road trips. Ford recommends prem. we use regular no problems re reg at all over the years

V-8 and handling

Better gas mileage although with v-8 nt possible. Day to day needs is better interior storage, has two front cup holders, and cd unit in glove box plus two narrow door holders not designed well.

Unless you make six figures...DON'T BUY
By Procks55

2000 Lincoln LS V8 4dr Sedan

I bought this when I was in my early twenties before I knew about researching a vehicle, now in my late twenties I know better. I understand vehicles come with some repairs however my list of repairs are ridiculous: Plugs, Coils and Valve cover gaskets replaced on both sides twice, new transmission, new alternator, two bad wheel bearings, bad ball joint, two window regulators (my fault) and my favorite feature is when it is super cold in our MN winters it doesn't like to start very much. What a joke, some of the things listed could pertain to my driving habits but not all of them. All in all unless you are a millionaire forget about it.

Getting rid of it

WHAT A GREAT LINCOLN
By COBRAJ

2000 Lincoln LS V8 4dr Sedan

I was looking for a mid-full size luxury car. Compared to BMW, Mercedes and Cadillac this was by far the best selection. Ten years later I'm still overjoyed on my LS Sport. My friends who bought the Bimmer and MBs have already traded their cars in due to repair costs. Over the course of 10 years I've only had $1200 in costs not associated with the normal wear and tear. Terrific handling, comfort and creature comforts make the LS a great buy. In fact I'm looking for a 2006 Ultimate edition now! Great job FLM!

Handling, Alpine Stereo and looks!

Better fuel economy

2000 Lincoln LS
By LsReeks

2000 Lincoln LS V6 4dr Sedan

The only thing this car has is that its prety. It's a nice eye candy. The problem comes from ford's quality/design , or lack there of. The transmission went out on me. I had to replace a simple air/breathing hose, which resides under the intake manifold and the fuel injectors. A 99 cent hose cost me 1700$ in labor. To do any type of maintenance, the intake manifold had to be removed because it was layed on the very top. That meant many hrs in labor, no matter what the fix was. Oh, the brake system and suspension was bad as well. Spent much $. Interior had many problems as well. I never thought I'd say this, but because of this car, I've boycotted Ford.

Its a good looking car. This is the only good thing about this car.

Mechanical design and quality.

10 year track record with LS
By Old Guy

2000 Lincoln LS V8 4dr Sedan

I am about to sell my LS. It has 246,564 m. Not all perfect, but, it is the best car I owned. 3 transm. The first after 19 miles The second after 79,000. If considering an LS with an original transm and it changes hard, run away. They made a design change because the third transmission is smooth and winds out really nicely. I always used synthetic oil, had typical failures. Believe it or not it has the original spark plugs and muffler. Changed tires to Michlins. First set had 120,000. Current 101,000 m. It is good buy for a sedan with a V8. V8s cost an extra 10 grand today. I have put off buying new because I could not find something I liked as well. May buy MKS w/V6. I love V8s.

I like the Jaguar designed V8. It winds out to 7000 RPM. The black grill is distinctive. It looks good. The LS was a real BMW killer. Now they push V8s and we don't thanks to the cafe standards. It is the right size for me and the wife.

Bring back the Lincoln V8 Sedan. Let Taurus meet the cafe standard for Ford. Iíll bet Ford sold more LS V8s than V6s. Left leg crammed against door. Have permanent crease in plastic door. Trunk hinges limits luggage.