2000 Lincoln LS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LS model:
I love lincolns
By Brett on 03/10/09 19:29 PM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln LS V8 4dr Sedan

I have to say this is one of my favorite cars of all time. I am so happy with my decision. The only problems it has is the window regulators go out early. Lincolns often have problems with transmissions unless keenly looked after. Other than problems listed the car is fantastic, fast, comfortable, and most importantly reliable. I certainly recommend this car to anyone who likes class. Take care of it, it'll take care of you.

Daughter's car
By unhappy father on 08/12/08 02:58 AM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln LS V8 4dr Sedan

My early-twenties daughter bought a 2000 LS8 with 121K last fall (2007). I was about to deploy with the reserves, so did not pay as much attention to her purchase as I normally would. CEL went on during her drive home from dealership, they replaced O2 sensor at their cost, CEL still came on, they did some repairs costing us $1400, car has same problems, surging and CEL on; now it has a coolant leak so she is driving my car until I come back this fall. I am not happy with the car or the dealership's treatment of a first-time car buyer...they should have known that this car is expensive to maintain. I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone, especially if it has higher mileage.

Lincolns are junk!
By EJ on 08/06/08 08:11 AM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln LS V8 4dr Sedan

I bought the car from the original owner with 63000 miles. I loved the look of the car and the way it drove. It was priced at $13,000 and ended up only paying $9000. Things that went wrong with it for the year in a half that I owned it:1. Thermostat went out 2. Transmission slipped (had to have software downloaded on transmission) 3. Rearview mirror broke in shade mode 4. Air bags went out 5. Air bag wire went out 6. Battery was low and was causing the whole car to go wrong, stereo wouldnt work very well, alarm would not beep when locked, and transmission jerked when put in drive. 7. Gas lid broke, would not open. 8. Car started to die when taking off in the morning and stutter. 9. I got 12 on premium.

Good car so far but a little hesitant
By TEE TEE on 06/19/08 07:01 AM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln LS V6 4dr Sedan

I brought this 2000 Lincoln with 46,000 miles on it in May 2008. The only problem I've had so far is the brakes (squeaking) and now as I speak a hose leaking and it want stay crank. I hope I don't have to experience the scary stories I've read per other reviews. But if I do I'm trading it in. No questions asked.

Lincoln - Never Again
By lincoln owner on 05/31/08 07:12 AM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln LS V6 4dr Sedan

I will NEVER own another Lincoln/Ford vehicle. I have had constant problems with it. Valves rattle CONSTANTLY with regular unleaded gas. Door handle broke off. Door/windshield leaked when it rained. AC has been a NIGHTMARE. One air vent will blow out cold air, and the other one will blow out hot. I've spent MANY dollars on the AC, but it hasn't resolved the problem. Radio/clock display lights went off (probably a fuse). Poor gas mileage. I bought the car bc I loved how it looked. But believe me, that's the only thing it had going for it. I will never buy another Lincoln/Ford.

Good looking, nasty repairs
By amy on 05/07/08 18:47 PM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln LS V6 4dr Sedan

Too many things going wrong with it. Three window regulators replaced at 350 a piece, had to put ceramic brake pads because of the brake dust, rear tail light leaking water in it, both catalytic converters, driver side window fell while driving on the highway. Air bag light stuck on. Love the syle though, just not dependable. Drives in the snow terrible. I get stuck every year in my driveway and slide all over the roads. Do not recommend to first time drivers. No space in the back seats.

My 2000 LS Stinks
By Victoria351 on 11/06/07 07:57 AM (PST)

2000 Lincoln LS V8 4dr Sedan

Oh gosh, where do I start? Let me begin by telling you that I purchased this car in 2004 when I was only 18 years old. It was flashy and one heck of a sweet ride. Then all of a sudden it all went downhill. Literally. I have had numerous problems to boot. Let me begin to name the things, bad headers, over heating, driver door wouldn't open and still doesn't open, skipping or misfiring in the engine, antifreeze leaking, bad tires, and much much more. My boyfriend and I were almost killed in the car when we were drive back from vacation only 1 month after purchasing it. The tire blew out on the highway causing the car to spin around, luckily not injuring us or anyone else for that matter.

No more
By chris s on 09/20/07 19:21 PM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln LS V8 4dr Sedan

Fun to drive and that's about it. 64000 miles and the car is slowely falling apart. Tranny problems, leaky oil valves, radio display don't work, replaced interior mirror and exterior. air bag light come on due to cut wire under the seat. Dealer made it sound like it was my fault because I had my seat set on easy entry.... too many problems to keep it. My wife has a Toyota with 120k miles and no problems. Lincoln, Ford stinks they don't stand behind their product no wonder they have problems.. Can't wait to get rid of this junk. No more American cars, sad but true.

Great Car
By Sally Steiner on 09/15/07 01:22 AM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln LS V8 4dr Sedan

What a welcome change from the lumbering behemoths of Lincoln's recent past. This car was really quick, fun to drive, good looking inside and had very good amenities for driver and passenger alike. White Pearl finish was awesome. I wish Lincoln would have simply kept working on upgrading the car instead of discontinuing it. Could have been a classic.

Love it!
By Rosi on 07/07/07 19:17 PM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln LS V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2005 with 62k mls on it and since then it is really a good purchase. Never left me stranded or alone. Pleasure to drive, but tranny could be quicker to downshift. I had to change so far: sway bar bushings, brakes (75k mls), spark plugs, water pump hose, tranny fluid. Problem with fueling (still pending; evap hose broken or flap valve sticking). Otherwise regular maintenance, would buy again.