Used 2000 Lincoln LS Consumer Reviews - 135 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Lincoln LS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LS model:

Wow
By lumby

2000 Lincoln LS V8 4dr Sedan

Recently picked up a 2000 ls v8 with sport package. The car is as clean as a whistle. Ive owned bmw, mercedes, jaguar, saab, acura, infiniti's, dodge's, fords, chevys.....this is in my top 5 of cars...

Beautiful looking, and that slight growl of the v8 under the hood hits a perfect note. The seats are comfortable yet supproting, the stereo is amazing, the cockpit feel is amazing.In fact my last bmw was a 2000 540i and believe the acceleration on the lincoln is peppier and more refined. I would never buy one new, but for a mere $2300 for this car, you really cannot go wrong. If you want some fun, refinement, and not look like too pretentious this is the ride. You must make sure its clean!

performance, stereo, ride quality, the solid sound when you close the door, no interior rattle

better materials on the interior, the plastic is kind of cheap and seems brittle. i believe if they found better ways to secure the interior pieces they wouldnt seem so fragile

Fun Car, Stylish, not worth the Repairs
By notsoavgcarguy

2000 Lincoln LS V8 4dr Sedan

Where to start? I bought this car used back in 2008 with about 70,000 miles on it. I loved it when I bought it - excellent power, quick, superb handling, beautiful car inside and out. Then it started to drain my account.

Once it hit 90,000 miles it started to fall apart. I had to replace the front ball joints, $1,000. Because it's a Jag with a Lincoln brand, you're paying for foreign parts along with extremely high labor due to its tight fit and weird part locations under the hood. You should know this up front.

Coils and Valve Cover Gaskets ran me about $1,000.

Air bag light was always on though I never bothered to have that checked out.

I babied this car and it just took my money.

Looks, power, comfort, handling.

Reliability, maintenance! not enough room above to state all my problems

Lovin my affordable Jag
By hhinnh

2000 Lincoln LS V8 4dr Sedan

Little known to the average consumer but the lincoln LS is on a jag base with a jaguar engine. That may explain some of the touchy behaviors and high repair track records. Just got my 2000 LS because it has bad valve gaskets/cooling system issues . Its fixed and now on the road. My husband is a mechanic so we were able to do it oursleves cheap. Its a tight squeeze in the engine compartment and requires a lot of special tools and lots of labor /time to do simple repairs (hence the costs) This has been a great car so far, though I am leery as I know the history with Jaguars reliability. So don't nock ford or Lincolns for this one, its the choice in engines and drivetrains thats the problem

Not so great
By Pamela Daniel

2000 Lincoln LS V8 4dr Sedan

I bought the LS with 48,000 miles on it in 2006. Beautiful car. Within a year, I had to replace both rear window motors. The next year, I had to replace both front window motors. One of which went out during a move to another state during a snow storm. Then I had to replace one of the rear window motors again. Have had to replace the coil packs. The CEL light came on within 2 weeks of purchase and will not stay off after repeated "fixes". On top of what I originally paid for the car, I've spent approximately $5,000 on repairs not associated with normal maintenance. Still, I love the way the car drives. Now the seat motors are dying. Guess its time to say goodbye.

Handling, looks

Too late to make any

Reliability?
By jimboh

2000 Lincoln LS V8 4dr Sedan

Should I keep? Car was great for first 8 years (purchased new in 2000) no maintenance issues. In the last couple of years had differential rebuilt at 100k ($1000), new rack and pinon ($650) new front ball joints ($450) broke while driving car and car slammed down onto street-luckily was going slowly and no damage to car or driver. Replaced a couple of coils and valve cover gaskets ($850). On current trip (am in pa.- alternator went bad ($390.) luckily was a few miles from a Lincoln dealership in okla. City car now has 130,000 miles and has been fine since those few repairs so hope for the best. Am very careful about maintenance do transmission, radiator every 50,000 and (now) will now do differential also

Absolutely love how car drives is a great road car (we use if for our road trips ) gets great on the road mileage for a v-8 consistently get 27.5 to 28.8 mpg ( I typically drive about 70 mph) on the highway and is very zippy and hugs road. Is great for driving on curves in mountains etc.

Needs more container spaces, better and more cup holders, more electric jacks. Use GPS and cell phones and has only one jack so am switching between devices