Used 2000 Lincoln LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Lincoln LS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LS model:

Lovin my affordable Jag
By hhinnh

2000 Lincoln LS V8 4dr Sedan

Little known to the average consumer but the lincoln LS is on a jag base with a jaguar engine. That may explain some of the touchy behaviors and high repair track records. Just got my 2000 LS because it has bad valve gaskets/cooling system issues . Its fixed and now on the road. My husband is a mechanic so we were able to do it oursleves cheap. Its a tight squeeze in the engine compartment and requires a lot of special tools and lots of labor /time to do simple repairs (hence the costs) This has been a great car so far, though I am leery as I know the history with Jaguars reliability. So don't nock ford or Lincolns for this one, its the choice in engines and drivetrains thats the problem

Not so great
By Pamela Daniel

2000 Lincoln LS V8 4dr Sedan

I bought the LS with 48,000 miles on it in 2006. Beautiful car. Within a year, I had to replace both rear window motors. The next year, I had to replace both front window motors. One of which went out during a move to another state during a snow storm. Then I had to replace one of the rear window motors again. Have had to replace the coil packs. The CEL light came on within 2 weeks of purchase and will not stay off after repeated "fixes". On top of what I originally paid for the car, I've spent approximately $5,000 on repairs not associated with normal maintenance. Still, I love the way the car drives. Now the seat motors are dying. Guess its time to say goodbye.

Handling, looks

Too late to make any

Reliability?
By jimboh

2000 Lincoln LS V8 4dr Sedan

Should I keep? Car was great for first 8 years (purchased new in 2000) no maintenance issues. In the last couple of years had differential rebuilt at 100k ($1000), new rack and pinon ($650) new front ball joints ($450) broke while driving car and car slammed down onto street-luckily was going slowly and no damage to car or driver. Replaced a couple of coils and valve cover gaskets ($850). On current trip (am in pa.- alternator went bad ($390.) luckily was a few miles from a Lincoln dealership in okla. City car now has 130,000 miles and has been fine since those few repairs so hope for the best. Am very careful about maintenance do transmission, radiator every 50,000 and (now) will now do differential also

Absolutely love how car drives is a great road car (we use if for our road trips ) gets great on the road mileage for a v-8 consistently get 27.5 to 28.8 mpg ( I typically drive about 70 mph) on the highway and is very zippy and hugs road. Is great for driving on curves in mountains etc.

Needs more container spaces, better and more cup holders, more electric jacks. Use GPS and cell phones and has only one jack so am switching between devices

10 year ownership
By jimboh55

2000 Lincoln LS V8 4dr Sedan

Purchased new in 2000. No problems for first 7 years. Now am concerned. In last few years had to replace some coils, valve cover gaskets($1000), rebuild differental ($1000),replace front ball joints ($459),replace rack and pinon ($650),replace alternator ($450),fix airbag system (light stayed on -$400).replace driver window system ($400) Hope no more problems Car is a great road car and is wifes daily driver. We have used for multiple road trips (130000 miles) over the years.Outside of current repair concerns we love the car. Only other complaint is poor interior storage. We get 27 - 28 mpg on road trips.

Great driving car

Reliability issues. more interior storage.

Cautious Optimism
By -H-

2000 Lincoln LS V6 4dr Sedan

Some of the reviews I have read are very scary. I have been somewhat fortunate so far, but have had some of the more common malfunctions mentioned in other reviews. The car had 70k miles on it when purchased. It now has 105k on it. It is a rear wheel drive car and does handle terribly in the snow. I have had 1 window malfunction, the air condition did blow out hot and cold air at the same time, and the ball joints caused the steering to shake. These repairs totaled around $750, and that is it so far. None of the malfunctions caused the car to break down, but were recommended repairs. Around 25 mi per gallon. If that is all that happens I will be very happy with this ride.

The exterior style is gorgeous. The interior is nice as well. Very comfortable, and handles great (as long there is no ice).

Some higher quality parts could have been used to avoid some of the more typical break downs mentioned in my and other reviews. Better handling in adverse weather would be nice as well.