2000 Lincoln LS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LS model:
Great Road Car
By jimbo on 07/05/10 07:21 AM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln LS V8 4dr Sedan

Wife's car: Great road car 27-28mpg. have had to rebuild differential $1000 in 09, This year new rack and pinion & ball joints $1000, 07 two new coils and valve gaskets $900. We plan to keep this car although future repairs may change out decision. Car is a joy to drive we do many road trips. Ford recommends prem. we use regular no problems re reg at all over the years

Unless you make six figures...DON'T BUY
By Procks55 on 06/18/10 13:00 PM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln LS V8 4dr Sedan

I bought this when I was in my early twenties before I knew about researching a vehicle, now in my late twenties I know better. I understand vehicles come with some repairs however my list of repairs are ridiculous: Plugs, Coils and Valve cover gaskets replaced on both sides twice, new transmission, new alternator, two bad wheel bearings, bad ball joint, two window regulators (my fault) and my favorite feature is when it is super cold in our MN winters it doesn't like to start very much. What a joke, some of the things listed could pertain to my driving habits but not all of them. All in all unless you are a millionaire forget about it.

WHAT A GREAT LINCOLN
By COBRAJ on 02/26/10 11:14 AM (PST)

2000 Lincoln LS V8 4dr Sedan

I was looking for a mid-full size luxury car. Compared to BMW, Mercedes and Cadillac this was by far the best selection. Ten years later I'm still overjoyed on my LS Sport. My friends who bought the Bimmer and MBs have already traded their cars in due to repair costs. Over the course of 10 years I've only had $1200 in costs not associated with the normal wear and tear. Terrific handling, comfort and creature comforts make the LS a great buy. In fact I'm looking for a 2006 Ultimate edition now! Great job FLM!

2000 Lincoln LS
By LsReeks on 11/15/09 07:12 AM (PST)

2000 Lincoln LS V6 4dr Sedan

The only thing this car has is that its prety. It's a nice eye candy. The problem comes from ford's quality/design , or lack there of. The transmission went out on me. I had to replace a simple air/breathing hose, which resides under the intake manifold and the fuel injectors. A 99 cent hose cost me 1700$ in labor. To do any type of maintenance, the intake manifold had to be removed because it was layed on the very top. That meant many hrs in labor, no matter what the fix was. Oh, the brake system and suspension was bad as well. Spent much $. Interior had many problems as well. I never thought I'd say this, but because of this car, I've boycotted Ford.

10 year track record with LS
By Old Guy on 11/13/09 14:32 PM (PST)

2000 Lincoln LS V8 4dr Sedan

I am about to sell my LS. It has 246,564 m. Not all perfect, but, it is the best car I owned. 3 transm. The first after 19 miles The second after 79,000. If considering an LS with an original transm and it changes hard, run away. They made a design change because the third transmission is smooth and winds out really nicely. I always used synthetic oil, had typical failures. Believe it or not it has the original spark plugs and muffler. Changed tires to Michlins. First set had 120,000. Current 101,000 m. It is good buy for a sedan with a V8. V8s cost an extra 10 grand today. I have put off buying new because I could not find something I liked as well. May buy MKS w/V6. I love V8s.

The definition of junk
By smith.koko on 09/19/09 20:08 PM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln LS V8 4dr Sedan

So I'm 20 years old and I had previously owned a 1996 Dodge Ram. I decided to upgrade, well what i thought was an upgrade, I Bought My Lincoln. I've had nothing but problems. The first week i had it both cadillac converters had to be replaced, car vibrates at 45, poor gas mileage, drivers door broken have to open from outside,car won't start right, you have to turn the engine over 5 or 6 times before it starts. Recently my power steering pump went out and i haven't been able to drive it. I'm now looking for a new car. Please don't but this car you will regret every penny spent. I bought mine for almost $7000 and the car is only worth $2500. Upside down. Not fun.

Unreliable piece....
By 2ndbest on 08/26/09 20:27 PM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln LS V6 4dr Sedan

This was a nice ride, flashy & a sharp looking car. But that's all it has going for it. First the front lower ball joints needed replaced, they were recalled but the company wouldn't pay for mine. Then the alternator and battery needed replaced. Int and Ext lights went off outta nowhere! It overheats also. It continues to leak water from the windshield when it rains. One window regulator was replaced. The airbag light is stuck on. The sway bar still has a clunking noise. Drives terribly in the snow, get stuck every year. Love the style, just not dependable. Never again will I buy a lincoln/ford auto.

Too Much Maintanance
By Esanchez4 on 08/21/09 23:44 PM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln LS V8 4dr Sedan

Too much maintenance. I purchased this vehicle with 75,000 miles but it started giving me a lot of costly problems at around 90,000 miles, mostly coming from the engine that averaged at least $1,000 each repair - 4 repairs-. Performance was poor in handling, it didn't hv good turning capability. A lot of little things kept breaking on the car sensors, switches, knobs, windows motor,etc. I would not recommend too anybody about purchasing this car. -Very Unsatisfied-

Near Perfect
By OSCN on 06/23/09 06:57 AM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln LS V8 4dr Sedan

A pleasure to drive, quick when needed and handles like a sports car. Comfortabe on long trips, reasonable mileage (25 mpg hwy) for engine (V8) and performance. Only "problem," I have had to replace plug/coil assemblies. I question some of the negative comments above/below and cannot help but wonder if regular maintenance and reasonable care had been taken. My opinion, best car from Detroit in years!

great road car
By jimboh55 on 05/17/09 06:19 AM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln LS V6 4dr Sedan

Purchased new. Wifes Car now has 102000 miles and is 9years old. Car has been a joy to drive and reliable. Have only four fixes not under warrany two window hardware fixes - head gaskets leaked oil and a differential rebuild which was my fault as I missed a fluid replacement maintenance required at 50000 -the differential started whining at about 98000 miles and found it to be full of metal filings. Have had an electrical fix and leaky exhaust gaskets (both under warranty). The only driveability problem I have noticed is that if I am going very slow in second gear and really punch it, it will go into first and stay there up to 5000 rpm. Not a major problem for us.