Used 2000 Lincoln LS V6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Lincoln Ls - Consumer Reviews

2000 Lincoln LS Sedan

View reviews for a specific LS model:

Most Helpful|
An opportunity Ford/Lincoln screwed up! Don't buy!
By totaljett

2000 Lincoln LS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Lincoln LS V6 with 67,000 Miles in 2003. I still have it today with 228,000 miles. The LS is like a beautiful lady, high maintenance and unpredictable. I will admit I cringe when looking at past repair bills but hey, what's done is done. My LS is still gorgeous and I intended to get my money back out of it. Yet I've warned people who admire it that they had better not get one. I've repaired things on this I've never had to deal with before. My other car is a 2000 Infiniti Q45. I've replaced the struts on it and egr valve.......that's it.

Favorite Features

Sure footed suspension, masculine stance and cockpit feel.

Suggested Improvements

Overall quality needs improvement

2000 Lincoln LS
By LsReeks

2000 Lincoln LS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan

The only thing this car has is that its prety. It's a nice eye candy. The problem comes from ford's quality/design , or lack there of. The transmission went out on me. I had to replace a simple air/breathing hose, which resides under the intake manifold and the fuel injectors. A 99 cent hose cost me 1700$ in labor. To do any type of maintenance, the intake manifold had to be removed because it was layed on the very top. That meant many hrs in labor, no matter what the fix was. Oh, the brake system and suspension was bad as well. Spent much $. Interior had many problems as well. I never thought I'd say this, but because of this car, I've boycotted Ford.

Favorite Features

Its a good looking car. This is the only good thing about this car.

Suggested Improvements

Mechanical design and quality.

Cautious Optimism
By -H-

2000 Lincoln LS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan

Some of the reviews I have read are very scary. I have been somewhat fortunate so far, but have had some of the more common malfunctions mentioned in other reviews. The car had 70k miles on it when purchased. It now has 105k on it. It is a rear wheel drive car and does handle terribly in the snow. I have had 1 window malfunction, the air condition did blow out hot and cold air at the same time, and the ball joints caused the steering to shake. These repairs totaled around $750, and that is it so far. None of the malfunctions caused the car to break down, but were recommended repairs. Around 25 mi per gallon. If that is all that happens I will be very happy with this ride.

Favorite Features

The exterior style is gorgeous. The interior is nice as well. Very comfortable, and handles great (as long there is no ice).

Suggested Improvements

Some higher quality parts could have been used to avoid some of the more typical break downs mentioned in my and other reviews. Better handling in adverse weather would be nice as well.

great road car
By jimboh55

2000 Lincoln LS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan

Purchased new. Wifes Car now has 102000 miles and is 9years old. Car has been a joy to drive and reliable. Have only four fixes not under warrany two window hardware fixes - head gaskets leaked oil and a differential rebuild which was my fault as I missed a fluid replacement maintenance required at 50000 -the differential started whining at about 98000 miles and found it to be full of metal filings. Have had an electrical fix and leaky exhaust gaskets (both under warranty). The only driveability problem I have noticed is that if I am going very slow in second gear and really punch it, it will go into first and stay there up to 5000 rpm. Not a major problem for us.

Favorite Features

Beautiful road car rock solid and gets 27-8mpg at 70-75mph on freeway.

Suggested Improvements

Needs more cubicle space and electrical outlets in cabin. cd changer takes up space in the glove box and has only a storage space in each front door and a tiny one between seats.Holds a set of key and glasses and that is about it.

Unreliable piece....
By 2ndbest

2000 Lincoln LS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan

This was a nice ride, flashy & a sharp looking car. But that's all it has going for it. First the front lower ball joints needed replaced, they were recalled but the company wouldn't pay for mine. Then the alternator and battery needed replaced. Int and Ext lights went off outta nowhere! It overheats also. It continues to leak water from the windshield when it rains. One window regulator was replaced. The airbag light is stuck on. The sway bar still has a clunking noise. Drives terribly in the snow, get stuck every year. Love the style, just not dependable. Never again will I buy a lincoln/ford auto.

Favorite Features

Sharp looking with many options and features. Love the steering wheel radio controls and sunroof.

Suggested Improvements

None, because its been discontinued. For good reason!! I wouldn't spend a dime to have a newer upgraded model anyway! Piece of junk.