2000 Lincoln LS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LS model:
An opportunity Ford/Lincoln screwed up! Don't buy!
By totaljett on 04/29/14 07:45 AM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln LS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Lincoln LS V6 with 67,000 Miles in 2003. I still have it today with 228,000 miles. The LS is like a beautiful lady, high maintenance and unpredictable. I will admit I cringe when looking at past repair bills but hey, what's done is done. My LS is still gorgeous and I intended to get my money back out of it. Yet I've warned people who admire it that they had better not get one. I've repaired things on this I've never had to deal with before. My other car is a 2000 Infiniti Q45. I've replaced the struts on it and egr valve.......that's it.

Cautious Optimism
By -H- on 07/22/10 15:48 PM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln LS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan

Some of the reviews I have read are very scary. I have been somewhat fortunate so far, but have had some of the more common malfunctions mentioned in other reviews. The car had 70k miles on it when purchased. It now has 105k on it. It is a rear wheel drive car and does handle terribly in the snow. I have had 1 window malfunction, the air condition did blow out hot and cold air at the same time, and the ball joints caused the steering to shake. These repairs totaled around $750, and that is it so far. None of the malfunctions caused the car to break down, but were recommended repairs. Around 25 mi per gallon. If that is all that happens I will be very happy with this ride.

2000 Lincoln LS
By LsReeks on 11/15/09 07:12 AM (PST)

2000 Lincoln LS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan

The only thing this car has is that its prety. It's a nice eye candy. The problem comes from ford's quality/design , or lack there of. The transmission went out on me. I had to replace a simple air/breathing hose, which resides under the intake manifold and the fuel injectors. A 99 cent hose cost me 1700$ in labor. To do any type of maintenance, the intake manifold had to be removed because it was layed on the very top. That meant many hrs in labor, no matter what the fix was. Oh, the brake system and suspension was bad as well. Spent much $. Interior had many problems as well. I never thought I'd say this, but because of this car, I've boycotted Ford.

Unreliable piece....
By 2ndbest on 08/26/09 20:27 PM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln LS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan

This was a nice ride, flashy & a sharp looking car. But that's all it has going for it. First the front lower ball joints needed replaced, they were recalled but the company wouldn't pay for mine. Then the alternator and battery needed replaced. Int and Ext lights went off outta nowhere! It overheats also. It continues to leak water from the windshield when it rains. One window regulator was replaced. The airbag light is stuck on. The sway bar still has a clunking noise. Drives terribly in the snow, get stuck every year. Love the style, just not dependable. Never again will I buy a lincoln/ford auto.

great road car
By jimboh55 on 05/17/09 06:19 AM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln LS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan

Purchased new. Wifes Car now has 102000 miles and is 9years old. Car has been a joy to drive and reliable. Have only four fixes not under warrany two window hardware fixes - head gaskets leaked oil and a differential rebuild which was my fault as I missed a fluid replacement maintenance required at 50000 -the differential started whining at about 98000 miles and found it to be full of metal filings. Have had an electrical fix and leaky exhaust gaskets (both under warranty). The only driveability problem I have noticed is that if I am going very slow in second gear and really punch it, it will go into first and stay there up to 5000 rpm. Not a major problem for us.

Good car so far but a little hesitant
By TEE TEE on 06/19/08 07:01 AM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln LS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan

I brought this 2000 Lincoln with 46,000 miles on it in May 2008. The only problem I've had so far is the brakes (squeaking) and now as I speak a hose leaking and it want stay crank. I hope I don't have to experience the scary stories I've read per other reviews. But if I do I'm trading it in. No questions asked.

Lincoln - Never Again
By lincoln owner on 05/31/08 07:12 AM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln LS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan

I will NEVER own another Lincoln/Ford vehicle. I have had constant problems with it. Valves rattle CONSTANTLY with regular unleaded gas. Door handle broke off. Door/windshield leaked when it rained. AC has been a NIGHTMARE. One air vent will blow out cold air, and the other one will blow out hot. I've spent MANY dollars on the AC, but it hasn't resolved the problem. Radio/clock display lights went off (probably a fuse). Poor gas mileage. I bought the car bc I loved how it looked. But believe me, that's the only thing it had going for it. I will never buy another Lincoln/Ford.

Good looking, nasty repairs
By amy on 05/07/08 18:47 PM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln LS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan

Too many things going wrong with it. Three window regulators replaced at 350 a piece, had to put ceramic brake pads because of the brake dust, rear tail light leaking water in it, both catalytic converters, driver side window fell while driving on the highway. Air bag light stuck on. Love the syle though, just not dependable. Drives in the snow terrible. I get stuck every year in my driveway and slide all over the roads. Do not recommend to first time drivers. No space in the back seats.

Love it!
By Rosi on 07/07/07 19:17 PM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln LS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2005 with 62k mls on it and since then it is really a good purchase. Never left me stranded or alone. Pleasure to drive, but tranny could be quicker to downshift. I had to change so far: sway bar bushings, brakes (75k mls), spark plugs, water pump hose, tranny fluid. Problem with fueling (still pending; evap hose broken or flap valve sticking). Otherwise regular maintenance, would buy again.

2000 Lincoln LS 5 Speed
By baahsten on 10/29/06 17:22 PM (PST)

2000 Lincoln LS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan

I bought it used in 2001 with 5,700 miles on it. Had a bad clutch at 17,000 miles. Many mechanical problems under 5/70 warranty too. Another clutch and new flywheel at 57,000 miles ($1,600). Had Catalyst converter replaced under mandatory federal laws at 62,000 miles. Replaced defective PCV hose at 68,000 miles. (You gotta take intake off to get to it) Difficult to work on engine however nice to drive. This is the longest car I owned, Kept it because its an 5 Speed manual. However thinking of trading it in.

1 2 3 4 5 next »