Used 2000 Lincoln LS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Lincoln Ls - Consumer Reviews

2000 Lincoln LS Sedan

View reviews for a specific LS model:

An opportunity Ford/Lincoln screwed up! Don't buy!
By totaljett

2000 Lincoln LS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Lincoln LS V6 with 67,000 Miles in 2003. I still have it today with 228,000 miles. The LS is like a beautiful lady, high maintenance and unpredictable. I will admit I cringe when looking at past repair bills but hey, what's done is done. My LS is still gorgeous and I intended to get my money back out of it. Yet I've warned people who admire it that they had better not get one. I've repaired things on this I've never had to deal with before. My other car is a 2000 Infiniti Q45. I've replaced the struts on it and egr valve.......that's it.

Favorite Features

Sure footed suspension, masculine stance and cockpit feel.

Suggested Improvements

Overall quality needs improvement

You get what you pay for
By youngun123

2000 Lincoln LS Sedan V8 4dr Sedan

in the end it all comes down to how the car is maintained and taken care of. Mine, a 2000, gen1, maintained, documented since its purchase, two owners ago was good to see when purchasing the vehicle. Typically people only write a review on this website if they are very un satisfied and did not take care of the vehicle. Rarely does a middle of the road person or satisfied person write a review, ever. so far, 30,000 miles into the purchase of the vehicle (127k when i bought it, 157k now) no issues. Only basic oil changes, trans fluid, etc. If you use premium gas, your coils do not burn up and the engine will be fine. This perticular one has ran on premium since it was purchased.

Favorite Features

Decent power for a decent gas milage, i get about 18 MPG. Good interior from previous owners, non smoker etc.

Suggested Improvements

Take care of this car. Pay attention to it and maybe it wont cost so much.

I hope this review saves you from making the same mistake I did
By dunndarryn

2000 Lincoln LS Sedan V8 4dr Sedan

Don't buy this car if you have any kind of budget to live on. My mom bought my LS when it had 60k miles in 2006 and gave it to me in 2011 and I sold it in November 2012. It was beautiful for a while but as the miles stacked up, so did the problems. Between the money we both had to put into that car in repairs to keep it running, we paid for it at least 3 times. They are beautiful cars but they are problematic and expensive to fix. If you are dead set on getting an LS, get a Gen. 2 (2003-2006) with LOW miles and do your research before making a decision! I can't stress that enough.

Favorite Features

Comfortable ride when the car wasn't over heating, misfiring, shaking, vibrating, or falling apart.

Wow
By lumby

2000 Lincoln LS Sedan V8 4dr Sedan

Recently picked up a 2000 ls v8 with sport package. The car is as clean as a whistle. Ive owned bmw, mercedes, jaguar, saab, acura, infiniti's, dodge's, fords, chevys.....this is in my top 5 of cars... Beautiful looking, and that slight growl of the v8 under the hood hits a perfect note. The seats are comfortable yet supproting, the stereo is amazing, the cockpit feel is amazing.In fact my last bmw was a 2000 540i and believe the acceleration on the lincoln is peppier and more refined. I would never buy one new, but for a mere $2300 for this car, you really cannot go wrong. If you want some fun, refinement, and not look like too pretentious this is the ride. You must make sure its clean!

Favorite Features

performance, stereo, ride quality, the solid sound when you close the door, no interior rattle

Suggested Improvements

better materials on the interior, the plastic is kind of cheap and seems brittle. i believe if they found better ways to secure the interior pieces they wouldnt seem so fragile

Fun Car, Stylish, not worth the Repairs
By notsoavgcarguy

2000 Lincoln LS Sedan V8 4dr Sedan

Where to start? I bought this car used back in 2008 with about 70,000 miles on it. I loved it when I bought it - excellent power, quick, superb handling, beautiful car inside and out. Then it started to drain my account. Once it hit 90,000 miles it started to fall apart. I had to replace the front ball joints, $1,000. Because it's a Jag with a Lincoln brand, you're paying for foreign parts along with extremely high labor due to its tight fit and weird part locations under the hood. You should know this up front. Coils and Valve Cover Gaskets ran me about $1,000. Air bag light was always on though I never bothered to have that checked out. I babied this car and it just took my money.

Favorite Features

Looks, power, comfort, handling.

Suggested Improvements

Reliability, maintenance! not enough room above to state all my problems