2000 Lincoln LS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LS model:
An opportunity Ford/Lincoln screwed up! Don't buy!
By totaljett on 04/29/14 07:45 AM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln LS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Lincoln LS V6 with 67,000 Miles in 2003. I still have it today with 228,000 miles. The LS is like a beautiful lady, high maintenance and unpredictable. I will admit I cringe when looking at past repair bills but hey, what's done is done. My LS is still gorgeous and I intended to get my money back out of it. Yet I've warned people who admire it that they had better not get one. I've repaired things on this I've never had to deal with before. My other car is a 2000 Infiniti Q45. I've replaced the struts on it and egr valve.......that's it.

You get what you pay for
By youngun123 on 01/28/14 21:59 PM (PST)

2000 Lincoln LS Sedan V8 4dr Sedan

in the end it all comes down to how the car is maintained and taken care of. Mine, a 2000, gen1, maintained, documented since its purchase, two owners ago was good to see when purchasing the vehicle. Typically people only write a review on this website if they are very un satisfied and did not take care of the vehicle. Rarely does a middle of the road person or satisfied person write a review, ever. so far, 30,000 miles into the purchase of the vehicle (127k when i bought it, 157k now) no issues. Only basic oil changes, trans fluid, etc. If you use premium gas, your coils do not burn up and the engine will be fine. This perticular one has ran on premium since it was purchased.

I hope this review saves you from making the same mistake I did
By dunndarryn on 11/28/12 10:21 AM (PST)

2000 Lincoln LS Sedan V8 4dr Sedan

Don't buy this car if you have any kind of budget to live on. My mom bought my LS when it had 60k miles in 2006 and gave it to me in 2011 and I sold it in November 2012. It was beautiful for a while but as the miles stacked up, so did the problems. Between the money we both had to put into that car in repairs to keep it running, we paid for it at least 3 times. They are beautiful cars but they are problematic and expensive to fix. If you are dead set on getting an LS, get a Gen. 2 (2003-2006) with LOW miles and do your research before making a decision! I can't stress that enough.

Wow
By lumby on 11/10/12 06:47 AM (PST)

2000 Lincoln LS Sedan V8 4dr Sedan

Recently picked up a 2000 ls v8 with sport package. The car is as clean as a whistle. Ive owned bmw, mercedes, jaguar, saab, acura, infiniti's, dodge's, fords, chevys.....this is in my top 5 of cars... Beautiful looking, and that slight growl of the v8 under the hood hits a perfect note. The seats are comfortable yet supproting, the stereo is amazing, the cockpit feel is amazing.In fact my last bmw was a 2000 540i and believe the acceleration on the lincoln is peppier and more refined. I would never buy one new, but for a mere $2300 for this car, you really cannot go wrong. If you want some fun, refinement, and not look like too pretentious this is the ride. You must make sure its clean!

Fun Car, Stylish, not worth the Repairs
By notsoavgcarguy on 10/15/12 12:27 PM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln LS Sedan V8 4dr Sedan

Where to start? I bought this car used back in 2008 with about 70,000 miles on it. I loved it when I bought it - excellent power, quick, superb handling, beautiful car inside and out. Then it started to drain my account. Once it hit 90,000 miles it started to fall apart. I had to replace the front ball joints, $1,000. Because it's a Jag with a Lincoln brand, you're paying for foreign parts along with extremely high labor due to its tight fit and weird part locations under the hood. You should know this up front. Coils and Valve Cover Gaskets ran me about $1,000. Air bag light was always on though I never bothered to have that checked out. I babied this car and it just took my money.

Lovin my affordable Jag
By hhinnh on 09/03/11 15:59 PM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln LS Sedan V8 4dr Sedan

Little known to the average consumer but the lincoln LS is on a jag base with a jaguar engine. That may explain some of the touchy behaviors and high repair track records. Just got my 2000 LS because it has bad valve gaskets/cooling system issues . Its fixed and now on the road. My husband is a mechanic so we were able to do it oursleves cheap. Its a tight squeeze in the engine compartment and requires a lot of special tools and lots of labor /time to do simple repairs (hence the costs) This has been a great car so far, though I am leery as I know the history with Jaguars reliability. So don't nock ford or Lincolns for this one, its the choice in engines and drivetrains thats the problem

Not so great
By Pamela Daniel on 11/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln LS Sedan V8 4dr Sedan

I bought the LS with 48,000 miles on it in 2006. Beautiful car. Within a year, I had to replace both rear window motors. The next year, I had to replace both front window motors. One of which went out during a move to another state during a snow storm. Then I had to replace one of the rear window motors again. Have had to replace the coil packs. The CEL light came on within 2 weeks of purchase and will not stay off after repeated "fixes". On top of what I originally paid for the car, I've spent approximately $5,000 on repairs not associated with normal maintenance. Still, I love the way the car drives. Now the seat motors are dying. Guess its time to say goodbye.

Reliability?
By jimboh on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln LS Sedan V8 4dr Sedan

Should I keep? Car was great for first 8 years (purchased new in 2000) no maintenance issues. In the last couple of years had differential rebuilt at 100k ($1000), new rack and pinon ($650) new front ball joints ($450) broke while driving car and car slammed down onto street-luckily was going slowly and no damage to car or driver. Replaced a couple of coils and valve cover gaskets ($850). On current trip (am in pa.- alternator went bad ($390.) luckily was a few miles from a Lincoln dealership in okla. City car now has 130,000 miles and has been fine since those few repairs so hope for the best. Am very careful about maintenance do transmission, radiator every 50,000 and (now) will now do differential also

10 year ownership
By jimboh55 on 09/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln LS Sedan V8 4dr Sedan

Purchased new in 2000. No problems for first 7 years. Now am concerned. In last few years had to replace some coils, valve cover gaskets($1000), rebuild differental ($1000),replace front ball joints ($459),replace rack and pinon ($650),replace alternator ($450),fix airbag system (light stayed on -$400).replace driver window system ($400) Hope no more problems Car is a great road car and is wifes daily driver. We have used for multiple road trips (130000 miles) over the years.Outside of current repair concerns we love the car. Only other complaint is poor interior storage. We get 27 - 28 mpg on road trips.

Cautious Optimism
By -H- on 07/22/10 15:48 PM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln LS Sedan V6 4dr Sedan

Some of the reviews I have read are very scary. I have been somewhat fortunate so far, but have had some of the more common malfunctions mentioned in other reviews. The car had 70k miles on it when purchased. It now has 105k on it. It is a rear wheel drive car and does handle terribly in the snow. I have had 1 window malfunction, the air condition did blow out hot and cold air at the same time, and the ball joints caused the steering to shake. These repairs totaled around $750, and that is it so far. None of the malfunctions caused the car to break down, but were recommended repairs. Around 25 mi per gallon. If that is all that happens I will be very happy with this ride.