Used 2000 Lincoln LS Consumer Reviews - 135 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Lincoln LS - Consumer Reviews

2000 Lincoln LS

View reviews for a specific LS model:

Best Ever
By Ginger Wilson

2000 Lincoln LS V8 4dr Sedan

I love this car, that's why I've been driving it for so long. I especially love it's comfort, cargo space and speed. Hope it lasts forever.

money taker not for the weak of heart
By larry smith

2000 Lincoln LS V8 4dr Sedan

please what ever u do do not buy this car i havent had this car a year and starting having problems tranmmison has going out in heat ac dosent work and the sad part is i still owe on the car never again i will but another car like this junk

An opportunity Ford/Lincoln screwed up! Don't buy!
By totaljett

2000 Lincoln LS V6 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Lincoln LS V6 with 67,000 Miles in
2003. I still have it today with 228,000 miles. The LS is like a beautiful lady, high maintenance and unpredictable. I will admit I cringe when looking at past repair bills but hey, what's done is done. My LS is still gorgeous and I intended to get my money back out of it. Yet I've warned people who admire it that they had better not get one. I've repaired things on this I've never had to deal with before. My other car is a 2000 Infiniti Q45. I've replaced the struts on it and egr valve.......that's it.

Sure footed suspension, masculine stance and cockpit feel.

Overall quality needs improvement

You get what you pay for
By youngun123

2000 Lincoln LS V8 4dr Sedan

in the end it all comes down to how the car is maintained and taken care of. Mine, a 2000, gen1, maintained, documented since its purchase, two owners ago was good to see when purchasing the vehicle. Typically people only write a review on this website if they are very un satisfied and did not take care of the vehicle. Rarely does a middle of the road person or satisfied person write a review, ever. so far, 30,000 miles into the purchase of the vehicle (127k when i bought it, 157k now) no issues. Only basic oil changes, trans fluid, etc. If you use premium gas, your coils do not burn up and the engine will be fine. This perticular one has ran on premium since it was purchased.

Decent power for a decent gas milage, i get about 18 MPG. Good interior from previous owners, non smoker etc.

Take care of this car. Pay attention to it and maybe it wont cost so much.

I hope this review saves you from making the same mistake I did
By dunndarryn

2000 Lincoln LS V8 4dr Sedan

Don't buy this car if you have any kind of budget to live on. My mom bought my LS when it had 60k miles in 2006 and gave it to me in 2011 and I sold it in November 2012. It was beautiful for a while but as the miles stacked up, so did the problems. Between the money we both had to put into that car in repairs to keep it running, we paid for it at least 3 times. They are beautiful cars but they are problematic and expensive to fix. If you are dead set on getting an LS, get a Gen. 2 (2003-2006) with LOW miles and do your research before making a decision! I can't stress that enough.

Comfortable ride when the car wasn't over heating, misfiring, shaking, vibrating, or falling apart.