Used 2002 Lincoln Continental Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Lincoln Continental - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Continental model:

Satisfied Comsumer
By louis stoecklin

2002 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This Lincoln has been a true pleasure to own and operate. I have owned this car since it was brand new from the Dealer to me. No major problems and no warranty issues at all. I went and had this car serviced as required and it's performance was indeed a pleasure. Just before 100,000 miles I had services preformed and the dealer found items to replace under warranty and all were done at no cost to me, they even provided a loaner while work was done. This car again drives as new and all I had to do was replace the front tires. Rear tires have 100000 miles on them and are still going. Great investment and great car to own, to bad Ford discontinued the platform, it's a great car.

Comfortable to drive and handles very well in all driving conditions. Controls are very easy to read and use. Styling was ahead of its time,

Continue this brand and restyle for the future. The new platforms are nowhere near the comfort of this car.

who would have told me?
By al

2002 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

As a younger person I would have never thought of a Lincoln but my friend at the dealer insisted I tested this car when I got fed up with my Mercedes and so I did and it was the beginning of a love affair: I love this car. I will drive it as long as I can. I also own a Jaguar and it sits mostly in the garage because this Lincoln is such as sweet ride.....I get 24 miles on the highway!! with a V-8? incredible but true. I had the software upgraded and the mileage is greater than before. I most definitely recommend this car and scold Ford for dropping out of the line in favor of what? the plastic-cheap LS? Fire the CEO!!

the ride, it's all about the ride. the fact that the cd-changer is inside the armrest is smart after all why have it in the trunk? the leather is lush and high quality not like most cars.

BRING IT BACK!! but no plastic please!!

A Quality Car All Around
By Randy M.

2002 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have enjoyed this car from the very moment I purchased it. The 2002 Lincoln Continental is truely deserving of its name. The responsiveness, econony, and comfort of the car in its class is nothing less of superb. While driving, the car is smooth and fairly quiet on even the noisiest highways. Handling the car on curves and corners, especially at higher speeds, does bring out the car's size, but is handled rather well with it's electronic suspension system. It may not be a hot rod, but it's not your dad's Continental either! If you get one of these cars, make sure you get it with all the options, since this car is no longer available. All in all, this car is a good buy!

Wood steeing wheel, memory seats, auto dimming mirrors, powered moonroof, large trunk, traction control, six disc changer with premium sound, programmable "home control", compass, and that nifty sunglass compartment.

Bring this car back into production! I plan on writing a letter to Ford, perhaps even the CEO, in reconsidering bringing back products like the Continental and the Mercury Cougar. These are great products that have been around for generations. Don't toss them aside like an old pair of sneakers.

Love it !!
By Tim

2002 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this car mainly for the 4 door, just had baby. Absolutely love it! Only complaint I have is the front drive. I much prefer rear drive, but couldnt find a decent Lincoln LS at the time I needed the car. Had it a year now and love it more every time I drive it. Great gas mileage for the level of comfort, 20 around town 28 on highway usually. No problems at all with this fine auto. Ford did a horrible job promoting this, hence it's unfortunate demise.

huge truck space, heated memory seats and mirrors, better than average handling giving it's size.

Needs no improvements, just needs to be built again...

Great Car!
By Richard

2002 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

2002 Lincoln Continental. 17,000 mi. This is a great car! It is fun to drive, 26 mpg hwy, runs like a hot rod, nice to look at and has a comfortable good looking interior. This is one more example of Ford's poor marketing. This car should have been a success and still in production. TOO BAD! Mine has warrenty until 2009. I hope they still make the parts! Anyway, I love it!

The 32 valve V8, memory & heated seats, overall feature content and luxury. Auto dimming mirrors.

Bring it back, dang it!!!