2002 Lincoln Continental - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Continental model:
My Baby
By Ken on 10/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned many cars to include muscle cars, but have never had a nicer car than my 2002 Continental. We almost made the mistake of purchasing a Towncar. The car is bullet proof, although I suppose parts will fail someday, like the air ride and air conditioning, as it continues to age. I will repair everything but the engine and will continue to drive it. We're over 122,000 miles and going strong. I admit we've looked at replacing it, but with what?? A heavy car with a beefed up V-6 that won't last for more than six years? Ford needs to bring this car back with rear wheel drive and a hefty V-8. Oh, and if you do, Henry, throw in a little more sound proofing.

unique automobile
By cole on 02/19/10 02:14 AM (PST)

2002 Lincoln Continental Luxury Appearance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2006 when I was 18 and it is my second car since I crashed my fist car. I used to drive really really fast but no matter what I did to that car it did not back down. I really admire the heavy engineering of that car and I really think it's one of the greatest cars of the world.

Super Sedan
By ABlanton on 06/09/08 16:48 PM (PDT)

2002 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Has been and excellent car. Purchased as a Lincoln corporate vehicle with 20000 miles on the odomenter. Now 80000 miles. 20mpg city and 25 to 28mpg highway at 70mph. 80000 miles with only recent tire replacement and new battery. LS was a poor replacement, should have continued to build and I would have purchased another.

High Quality and Value
By Mike on 03/11/08 12:09 PM (PDT)

2002 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Purchae from Ford Executive coming off 2 yr. lease. Front wheel drive with traction control is better than on the Saab 9-5 I owned before. 24 mpg highway, 19-20 mpg in town...not bad for a big V-8. Comfortable in town or on the expressway. Maintained by a local Ford dealer with no surprises. Love the electronic ride control, too. Better than a Caddy at a lower price! Too bad they quit making them.

Super Satisfaction
By Albert on 08/26/07 17:09 PM (PDT)

2002 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Excellant gas mileage of 25MPG. No maintenance cost in 5 years. Excellent comfortable seats for long trips. Good looking interior and exterior.

Satisfied Comsumer
By louis stoecklin on 03/25/07 05:25 AM (PDT)

2002 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This Lincoln has been a true pleasure to own and operate. I have owned this car since it was brand new from the Dealer to me. No major problems and no warranty issues at all. I went and had this car serviced as required and it's performance was indeed a pleasure. Just before 100,000 miles I had services preformed and the dealer found items to replace under warranty and all were done at no cost to me, they even provided a loaner while work was done. This car again drives as new and all I had to do was replace the front tires. Rear tires have 100000 miles on them and are still going. Great investment and great car to own, to bad Ford discontinued the platform, it's a great car.

who would have told me?
By al on 02/15/07 06:57 AM (PST)

2002 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

As a younger person I would have never thought of a Lincoln but my friend at the dealer insisted I tested this car when I got fed up with my Mercedes and so I did and it was the beginning of a love affair: I love this car. I will drive it as long as I can. I also own a Jaguar and it sits mostly in the garage because this Lincoln is such as sweet ride.....I get 24 miles on the highway!! with a V-8? incredible but true. I had the software upgraded and the mileage is greater than before. I most definitely recommend this car and scold Ford for dropping out of the line in favor of what? the plastic-cheap LS? Fire the CEO!!

A Quality Car All Around
By Randy M. on 10/08/06 21:23 PM (PDT)

2002 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have enjoyed this car from the very moment I purchased it. The 2002 Lincoln Continental is truely deserving of its name. The responsiveness, econony, and comfort of the car in its class is nothing less of superb. While driving, the car is smooth and fairly quiet on even the noisiest highways. Handling the car on curves and corners, especially at higher speeds, does bring out the car's size, but is handled rather well with it's electronic suspension system. It may not be a hot rod, but it's not your dad's Continental either! If you get one of these cars, make sure you get it with all the options, since this car is no longer available. All in all, this car is a good buy!

Love it !!
By Tim on 04/07/06 21:42 PM (PDT)

2002 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this car mainly for the 4 door, just had baby. Absolutely love it! Only complaint I have is the front drive. I much prefer rear drive, but couldnt find a decent Lincoln LS at the time I needed the car. Had it a year now and love it more every time I drive it. Great gas mileage for the level of comfort, 20 around town 28 on highway usually. No problems at all with this fine auto. Ford did a horrible job promoting this, hence it's unfortunate demise.

Great Car!
By Richard on 02/04/06 19:10 PM (PST)

2002 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

2002 Lincoln Continental. 17,000 mi. This is a great car! It is fun to drive, 26 mpg hwy, runs like a hot rod, nice to look at and has a comfortable good looking interior. This is one more example of Ford's poor marketing. This car should have been a success and still in production. TOO BAD! Mine has warrenty until 2009. I hope they still make the parts! Anyway, I love it!