Used 2002 Lincoln Continental Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Lincoln Continental - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Continental model:

My Baby
By Ken

2002 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned many cars to include muscle cars, but have never had a nicer car than my 2002 Continental. We almost made the mistake of purchasing a Towncar. The car is bullet proof, although I suppose parts will fail someday, like the air ride and air conditioning, as it continues to age. I will repair everything but the engine and will continue to drive it. We're over 122,000 miles and going strong. I admit we've looked at replacing it, but with what?? A heavy car with a beefed up V-6 that won't last for more than six years? Ford needs to bring this car back with rear wheel drive and a hefty V-8. Oh, and if you do, Henry, throw in a little more sound proofing.

Comfort, performance & luggage space

Make it a little quieter.

unique automobile
By cole

2002 Lincoln Continental Luxury Appearance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2006 when I was 18 and it is my second car since I crashed my fist car. I used to drive really really fast but no matter what I did to that car it did not back down. I really admire the heavy engineering of that car and I really think it's one of the greatest cars of the world.

32v 275hp intek v8-air leveling sespention-a lot of toys to play with- keyless entery-heated seats-cd changer

the seats are comfortable but they do not support your head at all. i felt the deference after sitting in my friends bmw 740il

Super Sedan
By ABlanton

2002 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Has been and excellent car. Purchased as a Lincoln corporate vehicle with 20000 miles on the odomenter. Now 80000 miles. 20mpg city and 25 to 28mpg highway at 70mph. 80000 miles with only recent tire replacement and new battery. LS was a poor replacement, should have continued to build and I would have purchased another.

Large trunk space, heated seats and excellent gas mileage for its size.

None needed. Lack of Lincoln marketing of its potentials and bad reviews by some of the so-called auto experts in the magazines.

High Quality and Value
By Mike

2002 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Purchae from Ford Executive coming off 2 yr. lease. Front wheel drive with traction control is better than on the Saab 9-5 I owned before. 24 mpg highway, 19-20 mpg in town...not bad for a big V-8. Comfortable in town or on the expressway. Maintained by a local Ford dealer with no surprises. Love the electronic ride control, too. Better than a Caddy at a lower price! Too bad they quit making them.

Graceful style, power, comfort, good mileage, reliability and price-value.

Start building them again

Super Satisfaction
By Albert

2002 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Excellant gas mileage of 25MPG. No maintenance cost in 5 years. Excellent comfortable seats for long trips. Good looking interior and exterior.

AC and auto seat adjustments, and highway mileage for automobile of this size.

Looked at its replacement and was unsatisfied. Please Mercury, bring back this size automobile.