Used 2001 Lincoln Continental Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Lincoln Continental - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic - (20 reviews )

Too bad its discontinued
By Kvegas

2001 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Nice powerful 275hp V8. Front drive is good in the snow. Average 19 mpg in mostly city driving (not bad for the way I drive). Very comfortable front heated seats are nice. Handles well. This is my 4th lincoln and my second Continental. I really like the car and my wife likes it too. She just got a 2002 Continental. I don't know what to get to replace this car. I usually trade after 3 years but I may keep this one longer since i don't really know what to get to replace it. My only complaint is with the chrome wheels, the chrome is peeling off the back.

Heated seats with many adjustments. 275 hp V8.

Bring back the Continental with front drive or AWD V8. I am considering an Impala SS since it has front drive V8.

Best of the Lincoln Line
By Tom

2001 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent Gas milage. Very comfortable on long trips. Sporty look and feel. The options of three ride modes and steering modes were a great feature that all sport enthusists will enjoy. The V-8 performance is a great engine to satisfy the high performance person. Why oh why did they stop making this line?

Feature steering and ride options.

Start the production again.

2001 Lincoln Continental
By superjohn

2001 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

very nice car a true top of the line American Sedan. Lots of power and its smooth. The 275hp v8 is nice prem fuel is recommended but with the knock sensors on every cylinder its not needed 87 octane is fine. I went with the goodyear tires. and a K&N air filter I am getting 21mpg.

heated seats and Alpine stereo

Make it again.

Hot Rod Lincoln
By Dr. Detroit

2001 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this black over grey fully loaded Continental after driving a Park Avenue Ultra, Cadilac Seville, and Chrysler 300. This car was just plain faster and handled better. It'll run rock solid at 80 mph and still get 25 mpg. The user adjustable air-suspension and steering are valuable because you can get very good ride control. It won't float, bounce, or lean at speed. The engine is red-lined at 6,500 rpm and it'll run that fast. Low-end torque, say below 1,500 to 1,800 rpm, is somewhat slight; so, if you are used to a standard normal V8 then you're gonna have to goose it a bit more than usual off the line. But, after that just hold on.

The exclusivity; this is a boutique car with all the expected options.The air-suspension is valuable. In the "sport-mode" the car handles well making it very safe for grandma and grampa. I'm serious about this comment: It won't get flustered if you come in too hot and back out of the throttle.

Lincoln needs to bring back its successor. The LS is like Lincoln does Mustang; and the Towncar is out of date.Try to find a Continental that is FULLY loaded; it'll have a wood and leather steering wheel as opposed to all leather. And try to find one with the bucket seats and console.

Continntal
By Continental

2001 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Lincoln Continetnal is a fun to drive comfortable car. I love to look at it and would recommend it to anyone as the best value in Luxury Sedans

Favorite Feature is the digital locking doors