2001 Lincoln Continental Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic - (20 reviews )
Best Car I Have Ever Driven
By gittingjr on 09/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Lincoln Continental Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I currently drive a 2001 Lincoln Continental, and I plan to own the car until it dies. It is such a reliable vehicle that also has a great level of performance. Despite the fact that it is a Lincoln, I compare it to a Cadillac because the Cadillacs were always known for their performance while Lincolns were known mostly for their comfort level. This is a great vehicle for people of all ages, but unlike its counterpart Town Car, the Continental appeals a lot more to a younger man like me due to its torque and smaller size. Discontinuing this model was one of the worst mistakes Ford ever made. The car got better as the years went on. Imagine what a 2010 Lincoln Continental would look like.

Beautiful Car
By jack on 09/04/08 18:27 PM (PDT)

2001 Lincoln Continental Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I totally love this car inside and out. I look around and this black and chrome machine is better looking than most new cars. I bought it used and it apparently had a significant accident front end so as the car got older. Some annoying things started to wrong. At 125k miles keyless entry stopped working, cruise control, and some interior lights. Then engine light came on. 2 misfiring cylinders. Now I have a periodic check transmission. Despite all this I attribute some of the problems to the accident before I owned it. And am seriously considering re investing to bring car back to 100%. The car is a great ride.

Best used ar value by far!
By Lincoln on 04/26/08 18:00 PM (PDT)

2001 Lincoln Continental Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2001 Lincoln Conti and love it. My previous vehicles have been Lexus ES-300, Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Concord, Infinity I30 & Honda Accord. I have to say the feature list is extensive. More then in any of the other cars.

Golden Girl's Lincoln
By Golden Continental on 02/06/08 18:58 PM (PST)

2001 Lincoln Continental Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

When my husband purchased this care for me, I was surprised, I put the car on the highway the same day...I was impressed about the performance and gas mileage, it handled the road very well. When my husband is driving, I feel like I'm sitting in the living room, not to mention I'm five eleven (Head room a plus). Our kids enjoy the space in the back seat and the pull down cup console. Just unbelivable. I thought it was a granny car, but I soon found out...This is the car for me. My husband is searching for one for himself.

2001 Lincoln Continental
By Jimbo on 09/29/07 19:45 PM (PDT)

2001 Lincoln Continental Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased this vehicle as a "sometime" driver; have a company car to drive to work, and an old minivan for hauling stuff. So the Lincoln is used to go out with the wife, visit kids at college, or travel. I did not believe reviews I had read about this car's gas mileage, but I am getting around 24 mpg combined. This car effortlessly flies down the highway, and is like driving a leather recliner. The trunk is massive for suitcases, etc. I cannot believe that Lincoln stopped making this car. It is a luxury car, but people were probably afraid to buy it because of the V-8. And no, you do not need premium. I have no problem with regular unleaded in this thing. Buy one if you can!

Too bad its discontinued
By Kvegas on 05/25/06 23:36 PM (PDT)

2001 Lincoln Continental Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Nice powerful 275hp V8. Front drive is good in the snow. Average 19 mpg in mostly city driving (not bad for the way I drive). Very comfortable front heated seats are nice. Handles well. This is my 4th lincoln and my second Continental. I really like the car and my wife likes it too. She just got a 2002 Continental. I don't know what to get to replace this car. I usually trade after 3 years but I may keep this one longer since i don't really know what to get to replace it. My only complaint is with the chrome wheels, the chrome is peeling off the back.

Best of the Lincoln Line
By Tom on 06/14/05 16:08 PM (PDT)

2001 Lincoln Continental Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent Gas milage. Very comfortable on long trips. Sporty look and feel. The options of three ride modes and steering modes were a great feature that all sport enthusists will enjoy. The V-8 performance is a great engine to satisfy the high performance person. Why oh why did they stop making this line?

2001 Lincoln Continental
By superjohn on 04/09/05 11:31 AM (PDT)

2001 Lincoln Continental Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

very nice car a true top of the line American Sedan. Lots of power and its smooth. The 275hp v8 is nice prem fuel is recommended but with the knock sensors on every cylinder its not needed 87 octane is fine. I went with the goodyear tires. and a K&N air filter I am getting 21mpg.

Hot Rod Lincoln
By Dr. Detroit on 12/14/04 19:14 PM (PST)

2001 Lincoln Continental Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this black over grey fully loaded Continental after driving a Park Avenue Ultra, Cadilac Seville, and Chrysler 300. This car was just plain faster and handled better. It'll run rock solid at 80 mph and still get 25 mpg. The user adjustable air-suspension and steering are valuable because you can get very good ride control. It won't float, bounce, or lean at speed. The engine is red-lined at 6,500 rpm and it'll run that fast. Low-end torque, say below 1,500 to 1,800 rpm, is somewhat slight; so, if you are used to a standard normal V8 then you're gonna have to goose it a bit more than usual off the line. But, after that just hold on.

Continntal
By Continental on 11/26/04 10:28 AM (PST)

2001 Lincoln Continental Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Lincoln Continetnal is a fun to drive comfortable car. I love to look at it and would recommend it to anyone as the best value in Luxury Sedans