Used 2000 Lincoln Continental Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Lincoln Continental - Consumer Reviews

2000 Lincoln Continental

Base 4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic - (24 reviews )

Comfortable and classy
By Cody Marten

2000 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan

For a 15 year old car, she still gets around quite well. I bought mine with a salvage title with 42k miles. Have put over 15k on it so far and have had no mechanical problems other than one instance of a mysterious loss of power. Despite this hiccup, the only problems I've had so far are cosmetic damage associated with having a 10+ year old car. My only complaints would be poor fuel economy and turning dynamics. It's a big car with a big engine, so I expect to pay a lot for gas though. Due to it's size, it doesn't take turns well. Your rear passengers may go for a ride if you take them too sharply. Overall, it's been a great car and I've enjoyed owning it.

Favorite Features

-All leather interior -Comfortable seating for long trips -Suspension can take hits like a champ -Strong engine -Roomy bench seats for picnics inside -Solidly built (You feel safe in it)

Suggested Improvements

-Better fuel economy -Lower profile (it's a long car) -Exhaust needs to breathe better -Road noise could be lower

Value for the money
By Dave

2000 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan

This is my second Lincoln, Gave the first one to my son who still drives it with no problems. I liked it so much I bought another one for myself. First time I ever purchased 2 of the same types of vehicles. I have nothing negative to say about them

Favorite Features

2 tone leather heated seats are great! Like the fact you can change the ride and handling. Air ride suspension is great. Also heated side mirrors are pure luxury!!

Suggested Improvements

Don't know why they put in a tape deck, Still have the CD changer. Also a better dome lite with the sunroof model would have been nice

My Continental
By mgummy

2000 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan

This car is my first car, and i love it. Being almost 7 feet tall, this car is the perfect size for me. The trunk space is mafia style (3 dead bodies)! It has a few issues like the airbag light that keeps coming on. Its actually easy enough to parallel park, suprisingly.

Favorite Features

The look, the size, the features, practically everything.

Suggested Improvements

Bring it back. Enough said!

You gotta get one or two
By Eric, Fairfield OH

2000 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan

I brought this brute used and it was going to be the long trip car only. Well guess what, it is my everyday driver. The features on this car rival all the so called new tech opts even on the 6 figure imports. The best feature is the selectable rear susp and steering level. Wow! Only Lincoln drivers know what I'm talking about. The steering wheel mounted controls for HVAC fan speed, temp, radio and cruise..all the things you need to keep any button pushing techy stoned with amazement and awe for years. I have been on Ohio's northern snow highways and others spun while I run. When summer hits the clean paint and chrome blinds the sun.

Favorite Features

Traction control, selectable rear suspen and selectable steering level. Also the cave deep trunk. Can put a small P/U in there.

Suggested Improvements

Bring it back. Replace the Lincoln MKS with it.

Love My Linc
By EHP

2000 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan

I bought the car 2 years old with mileage in the high 30's to replace my ailing Buick. I have never been sorry for a minute that bought this car, it was way ahead of it's time technologically and my now 8 year old car with 153K miles on it under my foot still put most to shame.

Favorite Features

The interior, audio and power top my list.

Suggested Improvements

They should never have nixed this car, no wonder they're teetering. All they had to do is retool its exterior a little and they would have had a winner on their hands. If I have one complaint about the car, it would be the brakes but for most they are probably fine.