2000 Lincoln Continental - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic - (23 reviews )
Value for the money
By Dave on 06/08/10 19:00 PM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan

This is my second Lincoln, Gave the first one to my son who still drives it with no problems. I liked it so much I bought another one for myself. First time I ever purchased 2 of the same types of vehicles. I have nothing negative to say about them

My Continental
By mgummy on 04/26/10 09:39 AM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan

This car is my first car, and i love it. Being almost 7 feet tall, this car is the perfect size for me. The trunk space is mafia style (3 dead bodies)! It has a few issues like the airbag light that keeps coming on. Its actually easy enough to parallel park, suprisingly.

You gotta get one or two
By Eric, Fairfield OH on 02/22/09 19:53 PM (PST)

2000 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan

I brought this brute used and it was going to be the long trip car only. Well guess what, it is my everyday driver. The features on this car rival all the so called new tech opts even on the 6 figure imports. The best feature is the selectable rear susp and steering level. Wow! Only Lincoln drivers know what I'm talking about. The steering wheel mounted controls for HVAC fan speed, temp, radio and cruise..all the things you need to keep any button pushing techy stoned with amazement and awe for years. I have been on Ohio's northern snow highways and others spun while I run. When summer hits the clean paint and chrome blinds the sun.

Love My Linc
By EHP on 09/26/08 07:08 AM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan

I bought the car 2 years old with mileage in the high 30's to replace my ailing Buick. I have never been sorry for a minute that bought this car, it was way ahead of it's time technologically and my now 8 year old car with 153K miles on it under my foot still put most to shame.

Great Car
By execglenn on 01/10/08 18:16 PM (PST)

2000 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan

190,000 miles and still moving. Only problem was the transmission went at 99K. Other than that, it has been super reliable. I think it will go 250,000 or more.

My Outstanding 2000 Lincoln Continental
By AlHa on 04/15/07 08:58 AM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan

Purchased at at 56,000 miles and now at 77,000. Excellent ride quality (NY potholes become laughable), ride comfort (drove 250mi. to NY and back to PA numerous times without stopping), no service issues whatsoever, vast array of interior features (except cupholders, I have spilled a few drinks in a turn or quick stop), solid frame (no weird noises and doors close solidly), great Alpine system. I love the straight line acceleration from a stop and on highways but forget about any white knuckle excursions around back roads. Over-the-top interior and trunk space (I've seated 4 fully grown adults in the back seat). 2 negatives: fuel consumption and fun factor

Feeling like a millionaire on wheels
By Peter Zuidema on 11/03/06 07:58 AM (PST)

2000 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan

I had never so much trust in second hand cars after some negative experiences. But since I bought this Continental that has changed. The car feels very solid, safe and is very luxurious. Even for a car now almost 7 years old, this feels as a brand new, up to date car with all the toys of todays favorites. It is very powerful, has great brakes and handles good in bad weather. It is spacious and lets you feel that you are in control. It runs 23 miles on the gallon on the parkway at 80 miles an hour, with a 4.7 liter motor. And the audio quality is downright perfect.

Value of My Car
By Ann Taylor on 03/13/06 19:08 PM (PST)

2000 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan

The car has never needed any major repairs. Brakes one year old, new tires

Excellent Car!!!
By Joe on 04/24/05 11:58 AM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan

No problems what so ever, very well maintained, no complaints, good pickup, very safe full frame

faith's continental
By Faith on 02/18/05 13:05 PM (PST)

2000 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan

This is a beautiful car. It is silver with a navy cloth top and gray interior. It has all the extras avilable including a five disk cd player. This car was pampered, always garage kept.