1999 Lincoln Continental 4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Better than average

1999 Lincoln Continental - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic)

Better than average
By speedboy3000 on

1999 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan

This is my third car, and a hand-me-down from my father. I have been driving it for 3 years now. I hated it when I first got it, as a big, boat like sedan was not fitting for the outdoors man in me. However, it's slowly grown on me. 175,00 miles on it currently, second transmission was replaced at 105,000. The air ride suspension went out on it and replaced with struts. The engine is strong and reliable. The 4 speed transmission was a horrible implementation. It's a beast in the snow, never failed up the ski mountain, and I have nicknamed it "The Snow Boat". Overall, compared to similar age and mileage cars I have seen, this has been, and I swallow my pride to say, superb.

Favorite Features

4.6L V8, Luxury options, Lots of space, Alpine Stereo, Great in the snow, Low drag coefficient, if you take care of it, it takes care of you

Suggested Improvements

Better transmission, more reliable suspension, cheaper parts, not for someone who just wants the basics, great for someone who wants the finer luxuries.