LOVE MY HOT ROD LINCOLN
By Don Spry on
1998 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan
I bought this car in Arizona in summer, 2008. It had 85k on it. It was during the time of rising gas prices at $4/gallon and paid $5000. Having never owned a Lincoln, I thought now was the time to give it a whirl. The car is stunning to look at - with a Southwest Edition update. Folks tell me regularly how beautiful it looks. It is red, cream interior,cream faux convertable top, wrapped in chrome, and has some faux gold trim too. Very fetching. I have now driven the car 35k. Only problem was a minor sensor with the tranny that cost $10. The vehicle average about 20 mpg, which is okay for me. Biggest problem I have with it is the suspension. It bottoms HARD.
Favorite Features
The look, the feel, the head turn quotient. It is a stunning looking car that I will have no problem selling. When we purchased it I asked my wife if she liked it - she said she could lick it - and she is a European who loves her tiny 1.0 liter type fuel misers.
Suggested Improvements
Better sound system - I replaced the original tinny sounding one. And, the suspension performance over bumps. Man, those gas/air bags DO NOT WORK WELL for such a luxury vehicle. I may go to shocks once the time comes.