1997 Lincoln Continental - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic - (26 reviews )
California Dream
By 49erfaithful on 09/22/06 06:08 AM (PDT)

1997 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan

Have always driven high end cars & saw this with 48,000 mi on it and want it. Got it for $7,200--No regrets. Great power, extremely reliable & very comfortable for short or long trips. Have 115,000 mi on it now with just regular routine maintenance, new brakes, new tires & new headliner. Exellent cost benefits ratio car to drive when bought used. Combined 20- 21 mpg at 60%/40% highway/city, not bad at all.

Quite a ride for $2,900.00!!!
By John on 03/23/06 10:25 AM (PST)

1997 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan

I bought a 1997 used Lincoln Continental for a measly 2900 bucks in December of 2004. It has proven itself to be a reliable, comfortable, and quick automobile. I have put about 22000 miles on it in a year and 3 months and the only repairs it required were brakes and a set of tie rod ends. It also is fairly economical for a large sedan with a V8, I get about 22.5 MPG average.

Great Vehicle!
By Janaya on 11/03/05 15:14 PM (PST)

1997 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan

Purchased car used. This is Lincoln No. 5, the first were new and this Continental is the best car I have ever owned. Would love to have another. A dream come true. It has given me some wonderful times behind the wheel between NY and NC. (Hope my luck continues now that it is paid off).

A Great Ride!
By Mark McGee on 09/26/05 20:44 PM (PDT)

1997 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan

The car has great performance, an excellent level of comfort with superb handling for a car of its size and weight.

Great Ride, High Maintenance
By Alicia Heath on 05/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan

We had to replace brakes (rotors on front too) at 40,000 miles, and the air conditioning was replaced at this time as well. We purchased this car used with 40,000 miles on it, so it could have been due to the previous driver. However, we also have one plug that gets oil in it way before time for a tune-up, especially if driven for a trip of any distance over 400 or 500 miles. Maintenance cost is much higher than for many cars. However, this car has POWER and is a very good ride. It steers and handles great. All the little perks (compass, auto-adjustment of seat and mirrors for the driver, etc.) are great.

The best car I have owned
By Lee W. on 02/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan

I have to say my Lincoln is the best car I have owned. There is nothing like a big luxury car. Ride and performance are exceptional. The black paint is decent for the 110,000 miles on it. I have recently had the rear- view mirror problem everyone else is experiencing. Also, the front passenger door has a bad connection which causes the door to show ajar when it is not. This is not a big deal except the interior lights come on when stopped. If anyone can tell me how to economically replace the rear-view mirror, I would appreciate it. I would defineately buy another, though. Great car!

Good Large American Sedan
By steven7753 on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 50,000 miles at one quarter of the original new price- i.e., ten grand for a 40 grand car with 50,000 miles. So far it has been a great large sedan. I wanted a large comfortable car with front wheel drive to commute in and for frequent trips where I take people and "stuff"...have put 16,000 miles on it and only brake work so far and transmission fluid changes...

ALARMING SITUATION...
By SFABB on 04/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan

Not a bad car, I enjoy the ride, and looks. The major problem I've been experiencing is the alarm goes off at any given time. I've taken the car to the dealer on two occassions, since they can't duplicate the problem there's not much they can do. I believe the problem is in the ignition. When I shut the car off the alarm sounds.The door ajar does not go on. If anyone is aware of the cause, please e-mail me.

Loving your lincoln
By Lincoln4ever on 03/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan

This is my second Lincoln my first one was a 93 Town Car, and so far this car well exceeds my expectations. The rear view mirror needs to be replaced, but it is still useable. It also needed 2 O2 sensors but the dealership replaced both. The car is a joy and and a pleasure to drive. The steering is effortless and the ride is just as stated plush. And for the 6,200.00 price tag it has been a bargain so far.

very good car
By Ascue on 03/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan

I am very happy with this car, enjoy the engine power and all the standard that comes with this kind of car. I am in the process of moving and this is the reason for me to sell the car.