Used 1996 Lincoln Continental Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Lincoln Continental - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic - (17 reviews )

Black Beauty Conti
By Glenn

1996 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan

Purchased my Lincoln Continental with 25K miles on it. Presently, I have 79K on it. The vehicle loves to cruise the highways and is not an around town vehicle. On one trip to NC from CT, I got 27 miles to the gallon. Summer driving merits better gas mileage than winter. The vehicle was engineered for super premium only fuel which is expensive at the time of this writing. There has been no recalls on this vehicle to my knowledge. The body is extremely resilient and sturdy. The front end tends to be disappointing and Lincoln allowed a huge repair on the rack and pinion at about 40000K. The air sensors in the wheels can be a pain and if you have problems with them, bring the car to a dealer.

Moonroof is excellent. Stereo and built in phone are nice features as well. Again, this car loves the highway. A good cross country vehicle.

Air sensors in tires are a nuisance. Nobody knows how to fix them. Front end can bring you expensive problems. Interior leather door rest split at 50000 miles. Car should be able to burn a lower octane gasoline with today's outrageous prices.

My Lincoln Experience
By Lisa Clemmons

1996 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan

I love having a Lincoln Continental because it's the smoothest driving car that I have owned. The ride is so smooth and sometimes I have to remind myself to watch my speed. I enjoy the fact that it is so roomy and the best part is the car remebers the difference between driver one and driver two. like the fact that I don't have to keep adjusting my seat and other things when I get into the car. The only thing I don't like is the fact that it is very costly on gas. However, I still love taking this car on the highway on long trips because it's easy riding. Love my Lncoln.

The memory, the spacious leg room, the interior, and the trunk

Gas mileage

Excellent value
By jung

1996 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan

continentals are an undervaued car. If you are in the market for a comfortable, reliable car, this may be one to look for. Plus, mine gets almost 27 mpg on the highway!

Anniversary Edition N Showroom Condition
By RAIDERS5000

1996 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan

I traded in my 93 Lincoln Town Car for this model.It's still in showroom condition.But what's amazing about this vechile is how advanced it is.You would swear that the Diamond Aniversary Edition didnt come out til 2000 or later. It's got more gadgets than a space shuttle. The comfort is outstanding. The performance is unmatched and the handling is superb. Nice size power moonroof,great factory JBL sound system with CD changer, quiet cabinet interior and an engine that can flat out run! Excellent gas mileage. 26-27 miles on hwy. Trunk space galore. Drivers side seating feels like a recliner in the game room.Compass in rearview mirror too. The only missing in my Continental is heated seats.

Too many to name.CD Changer is a definite plus.Big roomy moonroof.Great loud sound system with DPS.Power of engine but no engine noise in cabin.Leather seats that cadillac,lexus,and mercedes should be ashamed of.Durability and reliability.Full power options leaving nothing to be desired.Gas mileage!

I've read some pro car magazine reviewers say this car mimics the mark7 or 8.Bullhockey! The only gripe I have about this car IS the exterior. It's not at all flashy.Rather boring and docile until you add some aftermarket kits on it like I've done. Now it looks as good as it drives. Dress-up the body!

Best Car I've EVER been in!
By Lincolnlover

1996 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan

Smooth ride and comfortable for all passengers. Great pickup. Clean, no frills exterior design keeps car from looking dated. My vehicle has been well maintained and I have not had any interior or exterior problems.

Plenty of room, leather interior, and the heated seats are great in the winter! I also love the dimming feature for the rearview mirror, along with the compass. The reverse mirrors also come in handy!