1995 Lincoln Continental - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic - (18 reviews )
Loyal Ford owner
By James Osment on 09/04/08 14:38 PM (PDT)

1995 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from my father who owned it for 10 years. He bought it from the original owner! It has been a fun car to drive and it is an excellent car for the open road when going on a trip!

Great Older Car Now Opens the Wallet
By Jeff on 02/22/08 08:46 AM (PST)

1995 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan

Got this car as a Christmas present. Great design, great ride. Unfortunately in this day and time, loves gas and requires 93 octane. Ouch. Ride control system now has failed. The easy rider has become the low rider. I feel my wallet starting to warm up and after all is said and done, it will be smoking. Great comfort but is comfort worth the price now ? Don't think so. Will be researching what I must do to get the ride control in check and at the same time, make sure the computer or calibrations are in line. I will not put many miles on this vehicle since it is back and forth to work but at the same time, I want it to work correctly. I don't believe its worth much investment now.

9 continentals,17 cadillacs
By red on 02/14/07 04:57 AM (PST)

1995 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan

driving for a week. dealer car. gave up continentals to have children cheaper. loved em but they ate at dinner table with me. love my cad. but nothing rides like a lincoln. this car 139k miles is so unreal to drive! outside is ugly. doesn't look like continental to me. but inside is awesome. only thing better would be heated seats and sunroof.dash is laser. dash is beautiful and easy on eyes.seats beautiful, trim nice. this lincoln is beginning to steal my heart like they did years ago. heater is best. stereo is ok. handling is really good. power is good.mileage is ok like a lincoln. drives like the big car but is a small car. no continental kit.. kind of sad.you know it's a lincoln when you drive

Traditional American
By Felix on 01/31/07 16:45 PM (PST)

1995 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan

Air suspension a big liability, and continues with intermittent performance issues. Also suspension components noisy over bumps. Otherwise, a very smooth and quiet car. Headlamp lenses are prone to oxidation. Runs fine on regular gas.

Absolutely Love my Lincoln!
By a.f.york on 10/21/06 12:47 PM (PDT)

1995 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan

Purchased 10/31/04 for 4K w/ 92K miles. Other than the air-ride suspension, which has been replaced w/ Strutmaster Coil Springs, this has been one of the best cars I've ever owned. Drove a Caddy, thinking I would trade her in, but NOOOOO, even a Caddy doesn't compare to the comfort, accessories, reliability and beauty of this car. What power it has too! Looking to buy a new LS soon! If you can find a used 95/96 w/ less than 100K, I would recommend purchasing one - they look great, ride great, and the gas mileage isn't really too bad for a car this size!

Great road car
By EJB on 07/25/06 13:24 PM (PDT)

1995 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan

Great on the road, a little large around town. Nice looking car, an eye-catcher. Avg 27 mpg on the road at 70 mph, 22 over all. I am not wild about the air suspension, and that may be the reason I sell it soon. Have spend almost nothing on repairs, no oil burning, transmission still smooth. Has been a good car.

NIce Car
By dads88 on 09/10/05 14:10 PM (PDT)

1995 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan

Bought this car from a friends father for under 3K with 39K on it. Car is loaded with JBL, chrome wheels, sunroof etc. Replaced the air suspension with a coventional mcpherson strut and coils all around for $900.00. Get aboout 22mpg average and 26+ on th highway. Very comfortable. Have been running on mid grade gas with no problem. Replaced all fluids and hoses and only necessary repair was to combination directional switch.

Lincoln is the best
By SMT on 04/21/05 14:10 PM (PDT)

1995 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan

My Lincoln Continental has been the best car I have ever owned.

Good used car
By Smarty Jones on 06/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan

Bought this 1995 Lincoln in April 2001 with 86,000 miles for $6,500. Three years later I have 182,000 miles on it. Average 22 miles to the gallon. Selling it for $1,500. Put out about $1,000 in repairs during the three years. Liked it so much I bought another one with 91,000 miles for $3,800, hope to drive it another three years.

Love IT!!
By B.C. Bell on 03/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan

Bought at 78K miles. 25MPG. 115K now. Have never had it in the shop except oil changes. Changed brake pads myself, very easily. Great ride. Awesome power. Will fly low. Cream color is a head turner.