1992 Lincoln Continental 3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

1992 Lincoln Continental - Consumer Reviews

Executive Sedan (3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Continental model:
Lemon
By vahala on 06/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Lincoln Continental Executive 4dr Sedan

This car has been a lemon from the day I purchased it! New airconditioner, new heads, new air shocks, new hood shocks, and the list goes on and on! I would never buy another Lincoln!

Money Pit
By tryanother on 08/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Lincoln Continental Executive 4dr Sedan

Anything that could go wrong did go wrong. From transmission to suspension. Three alternators, two starters, A/C system, all four door locks, window switches, cassette player. If you want to throw away money then this car is for you.

Awesome Car
By teasleymd on 04/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Lincoln Continental Executive 4dr Sedan

Despite some expensive repairs to the gas/air suspension and the head gasket, aside from these reliability problems, this car is flawless. Although no sport sedan, it handles quickly and responsively. Steering is a bit numb, but the ride is astonishing - riding, literally and figuratively, on air. And despite first opinions based on the ride comfort, it still has plenty of grip to go around when needed. And it's comfortable, large interior includes automatic just about everything to make your drive that much easier. Bravo!

Smooth ride, but costly repair
By NHTDN on 01/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Lincoln Continental Executive 4dr Sedan

Replaced all 4 air suspensions, the cluster, radio cassette, AC control, all gaskets... Once, all transmission fluid leaked out while driving! Sorry, I am telling the truth. It still runs well (with my free labor and time; I cannot charge my wife!) and I still keep it. I also had a 96 Lincoln Mark VIII bought at 79120 miles, transmission broken down at 79185 miles, the dealer said, "once you drove it out of out lot...", had to replace another one ($2700), hundred of things happened before trading it back at 91 K miles. I would sin if I sold it to another victim of it.

Nice Car, Too Bad It Was Built Poorly
By MAP on 08/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Lincoln Continental Executive 4dr Sedan

Always thought that a luxury car should at least be competitive in reliability, but I've never owned a more problematic car

It is all about the air.
By computerboy on 07/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Lincoln Continental Executive 4dr Sedan

This is a good car for the price.