1991 Lincoln Continental - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Continental model:
Great Car
By Kim on 10/29/09 10:47 AM (PDT)

1991 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan

I own a 1991 Lincoln Continental, Dark Plum. I am the only owner on this car and still own it to this day 2009. It looks like it just came off the show room floor! Why because I take care of it, yes it need somethings over the years but that is with any car! Their is no other car out there that has it ride and performance. Build very well and will keep you safe if ever in an accident! If you have one take care of it! They are worth it!

New Owner
By Clayton on 11/29/06 10:26 AM (PST)

1991 Lincoln Continental Signature 4dr Sedan

I have just purchased this 1991 Lincoln with the idea of refurbishing it. I had a chance to drive it for about 200mi. and was quite impressed with its handling. The interior I found quite comfortable and for a tall person such as myself, I found the leg room quite pleasing.

dont buy a lincoln!!! it is a junk!!!
By george on 08/02/05 04:29 AM (PDT)

1991 Lincoln Continental Signature 4dr Sedan

i bought this car for $ 4500 and end up spending another 5000 for the transmission, engine and the air shocks. it is a piece of junk. if you buy a lincoln you will make the biggest mistake in your life

Fun car to drive, hard to keep
By 88rangergt on 06/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Lincoln Continental Signature 4dr Sedan

Drove this car for a year and I plan on selling very soon. Got lots of compliments on this car. It simply looked awesome with HID lights and chrome wheels. The body is still in great shape. Looks newer than the car actually is. The transmission needed to be rebuilt, head gaskets needed to be replaced, and new o-rings in air ride. Lots of little problems that needed to be fixed.

dead
By gratefuljohn on 04/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Lincoln Continental Signature 4dr Sedan

rides nice, great engine, good gas mileage for a big car average 19.5. Lots of room great for a big guy

They saw me coming
By Lincoln Hater on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Lincoln Continental Signature 4dr Sedan

What a piece of junk. I have replaced axils twice, exchanged air ride for good struts and shocks, radiator, water pump,ac compressor, poor heat, replaced computer, tranny is going, poor ac/heat buttons (all of them broken) radio doesn't work, windows,doors and locks fixed numerous times. security system goes off at will. air bag warning light always flashes.power seat buttons are broken. brakes,brakes,brakes. power antenna doesn't work. Ford should be ashamed. i can't even drive the worthless car into the ground and worse yet, no one wants it. i'm stuck with it.

continental review
By me too on 09/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Lincoln Continental Signature 4dr Sedan

a lemmon from the start I,ve replaed engine mounts, airconditioning, air ride , radio, electric windows, electric door locks, head liner, electric antenna,painted exterior, and now the ac is broken again, door locks again, and it needs a new transmission The car was a piece of junk from the start, Ill never buy another one in my life

Where do I begin?
By Mad Dog on 08/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Lincoln Continental Signature 4dr Sedan

Auto leveling sys. rides at full height sometimes, poor A/C buttons design, AM/FM quit working, temp. ctrl damper sticks, OEM transmission recalled, rear windows quit working, fr. pass. window works intermitantly, front brake rotors warp when brakes applied with more than normal force, i.e. panic stop, digital speedometer acts up indicating 8-12mph all the time, moving or not, air bag warning light flashing. Kelly Blue book $ in fair cond. $1650. Imagine $ in poor condition. CAN U SAY DEPRECIATION!

Fun but EXPENSIVE
By Christopher on 05/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan

I do love my car don't get me wrong, but wow!! If I knew now how expensive it was to keep a car like this one going I would never have purchased my continental. But oh well now!! I have the pleasure of owning one of the most expensive hunks of junk on the planet!! I will say though that the ride is smooth but really this car was not woth the $$$

Get rid of the struts
By man on 04/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Lincoln Continental Signature 4dr Sedan

This car rides great I enjoyed this car of all the car I own. But they need to stop putting those air control shocks on the acr and just put a good pair of monore shocks. But then again the car company would lose money on maintenance rpairs. To pay two thousand for front and rear shock replacement is a ripp off