Used 1990 Lincoln Continental Signature Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Lincoln Continental Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Continental model:

A real owner of a 1990 continental
By kristopher

1990 Lincoln Continental Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

I have been more than happy with my car.. to the point that although I have had no major repair needed the entire time I've owned it, I would not hesitate to have those repairs done.. this has been one of the best cars I've owned..

The comfort of the ride... and overall responsiveness of the car..

None

lincoln luxury
By mitch

1990 Lincoln Continental Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

The lincoln continental is a very fun car to drive , but there are some issues to deal with like the air ride system and the factory sound system, transmissions. I've owned three and all Ihad trouble with was the air ride, but if I was to tell someone to get one and drive one for themselves is the only way to experience them.

the vertical grille, digitaldash, seats , and roomy interior.

leave the airride off.

Love Hate Relationship
By Hot_Rod_Lincoln

1990 Lincoln Continental Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

I got this car for a steal, or at least I thought I did. It had its used car problems, but no big. Then one day I'm driving along, and the brake light comes on. Hmmmm, I didn't feel anything wrong with the brakes. Then all the sudden 20 min later, the brake petal sticks to the floor. Yeah, electric brake booster failure. Try $2000 for parts and $600 for labor cause no one will touch it but the dealer. So that was a huge investment down the drain, anyone want to buy a great car, needs break work, though! :)

This car has some awesome low end touqe, so the most fun is seeing the look on people's faces when they pull up to you at the next stop light, realizing that a huge luxury car has put their little mod-ed up honda to shame.

But thats where the fun ends, with only 150 hp, it can't race anyone. One more thing, everything else is running strong, so this car would be great if it didn't have such expensive parts.

I love my hunk of junk......
By Isoview

1990 Lincoln Continental Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

My opinion of the 1990 Lincoln Continental, based on my own sordid experience, would be: It has been one of the worst cars ever from a reliability/maintainability/mechanical standpoint. I have had to replaced almost every major system. The only major component that has not failed is the forward portion of the transmission. The plastic interior molding flakes silver chips constantly and has for years. The sun roof leaks, the engine cuts off for unknown reasons during the spring and summer, the A/C/Heater is stuck permanently on "on", etc.,

Very comfortable as a road car. The seats recline almost fully and it has a very comfortable feel while driving. The huge trunk also helps. Mine is a six cylinder and it is also pretty good on gasoline mileage.

Replace tacky plastic interior with something that will last and make a more reliable mechanical product. "Every" major system (my opinion) has failed......this is hard to accomplish, even when one tries.....

A disaster
By John Whitworth

1990 Lincoln Continental Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

Thought a 9 year old quality US car with omly 102k miles would not be a bad decision. How wrong and $7k later - big mistake. Many major problems - too long to list