1990 Lincoln Continental Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Continental model:
A real owner of a 1990 continental
By kristopher on 01/09/08 20:46 PM (PST)

1990 Lincoln Continental Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

I have been more than happy with my car.. to the point that although I have had no major repair needed the entire time I've owned it, I would not hesitate to have those repairs done.. this has been one of the best cars I've owned..

lincoln luxury
By mitch on 05/18/05 14:41 PM (PDT)

1990 Lincoln Continental Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

The lincoln continental is a very fun car to drive , but there are some issues to deal with like the air ride system and the factory sound system, transmissions. I've owned three and all Ihad trouble with was the air ride, but if I was to tell someone to get one and drive one for themselves is the only way to experience them.

Love Hate Relationship
By Hot_Rod_Lincoln on 08/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Lincoln Continental Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

I got this car for a steal, or at least I thought I did. It had its used car problems, but no big. Then one day I'm driving along, and the brake light comes on. Hmmmm, I didn't feel anything wrong with the brakes. Then all the sudden 20 min later, the brake petal sticks to the floor. Yeah, electric brake booster failure. Try $2000 for parts and $600 for labor cause no one will touch it but the dealer. So that was a huge investment down the drain, anyone want to buy a great car, needs break work, though! :)

I love my hunk of junk......
By Isoview on 05/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Lincoln Continental Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

My opinion of the 1990 Lincoln Continental, based on my own sordid experience, would be: It has been one of the worst cars ever from a reliability/maintainability/mechanical standpoint. I have had to replaced almost every major system. The only major component that has not failed is the forward portion of the transmission. The plastic interior molding flakes silver chips constantly and has for years. The sun roof leaks, the engine cuts off for unknown reasons during the spring and summer, the A/C/Heater is stuck permanently on "on", etc.,

A disaster
By John Whitworth on 05/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Lincoln Continental Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

Thought a 9 year old quality US car with omly 102k miles would not be a bad decision. How wrong and $7k later - big mistake. Many major problems - too long to list

90 Lincoln California
By marycab82 on 05/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Lincoln Continental Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

Fun to own and drive, replacement parts for it are "cheaply" available very good road car!!