Used 1990 Lincoln Continental Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Lincoln Continental - Consumer Reviews

1990 Lincoln Continental

View reviews for a specific Continental model:

A real owner of a 1990 continental
By kristopher

1990 Lincoln Continental Signature 4dr Sedan

I have been more than happy with my car.. to the point that although I have had no major repair needed the entire time I've owned it, I would not hesitate to have those repairs done.. this has been one of the best cars I've owned..

Favorite Features

The comfort of the ride... and overall responsiveness of the car..

Suggested Improvements

None

Expensive to own
By Dan

1990 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan

My first experience with buying a used luxury car with 80k miles. Lots of expensive problems with brakes, faulty engine head bolts but I really liked the way it rode and drove. Finally sold it at 125k miles when it needed new air shocks, at that time only available from mfg. at more than what the car was worth! Even then, probably would have done it but transmission had a weird slipping problem going around corners. This was essentially built on the Taurus platform and with improvements to the items mentioned is what the Taurus should have become in my opinion.

Favorite Features

Seating comfort, ride and fuel economy were excellent. Great long distance car.

Suggested Improvements

Heavier duty brakes and transmission. Less expensive replacement shocks are now available elsewhere.

lincoln luxury
By mitch

1990 Lincoln Continental Signature 4dr Sedan

The lincoln continental is a very fun car to drive , but there are some issues to deal with like the air ride system and the factory sound system, transmissions. I've owned three and all Ihad trouble with was the air ride, but if I was to tell someone to get one and drive one for themselves is the only way to experience them.

Favorite Features

the vertical grille, digitaldash, seats , and roomy interior.

Suggested Improvements

leave the airride off.

The Ford Linclon Mercury Car
By Arthur Victor

1990 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan

I bought my Linclon in 1999 at nine years old for $7000. My wife hates it. and I do to. My car is very good in bad weather but not in the shop. I hears very strange noises yesterday in my car. Earlier today The car broke down. My wife has a Sabb that is so much beter than my car. My 27 year old son's 1997 Toyota Camry and my 32 year old daughter's 1994 Toyota Avolon and my 42 year old son in law's 1977 Honda Accord are so much better than my car. My son in law's 1977 Honda which has 2 millon miles on it, lasted longer than my old Linclon. Next I plan to buy a Sabb or a Honda or even a Toyota instead of this.

Favorite Features

Nothing

Suggested Improvements

Almost everything

keep fixing it
By an800rider

1990 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan

junk junk junk, glad its got a big trunk, keep your tools in there, but when the suspension is out (3 times) itll cause for a rougher ride with the extra weight

Favorite Features

when suspension is working properly, (replace 1 axle at a time every 2 years) it rides like a dream, great to drive on highway

Suggested Improvements

shocks at $270 each is too much for a poorly enginered part, after having bought 6 replacement shocks, they now have a gas shock conversion kit $500.00 for all 4 wheels, my only choice at this point, replaced every other part alrerady, incl 2 sets of head gaskets