Used 2002 Lincoln Blackwood Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Lincoln Blackwood - Consumer Reviews

2002 Lincoln Blackwood

Base 5.4L V8 4-speed Automatic 4.7 ft. Bed - (30 reviews )

My Texas Town Car and I'm not from Texas
By BobRod

2002 Lincoln Blackwood 2WD 4dr Crew Cab (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I recently obtained my Blackwood and foud it to be quite unique. Remember, this is not a truck. The only thing that resembles one is the four door cab. The Blackwood has most of the Lux items including AC seats. The Box is absolutely beautiful. Has 4 cu. ft. more room than the Town Car. Ford invested a lot of Money in this Vehicle. I wouldn't be surprised if this car cost Ford around $150,000 to build or more. I Love driving my own personel Concept vehicle. Get one while they are still available. Price is down now if you shop around, but watch out, this might be the next collectable. So don't wait too long

Favorite Features

No Question, the Trick Box. Not for hauling Junk, Would you put a used differential in the trunk of your Turbo Bently R conv. Nice ride height, drives and handles like a car.

Suggested Improvements

Don't waste your time with this, what you see is what you get. I lucked out and got a Neiman Marcus. My first night out to a fancy eating joint the Valets kept it up front. Guess where the crowd gathered, Not next to the Porsche's !!!

My Blackwood
By M. Overstreet

2002 Lincoln Blackwood 2WD 4dr Crew Cab (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great looking truck. Truck? Well, not really. It's a Navigator with a really big trunk. Turns heads everywhere you go. Great looking and great driving.

Favorite Features

Exterior look

Suggested Improvements

Deeper bed

best truck
By blackwood02

2002 Lincoln Blackwood 2WD 4dr Crew Cab (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Love the car but too much wind noise Hence the low build quality score

Favorite Features

Style

Suggested Improvements

Reduce Wind Noise

My car that's a Truck!
By speak2u

2002 Lincoln Blackwood 2WD 4dr Crew Cab (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle is great at what it does and is for it's intended owner. I get the interior space needed for a large person over 6'2" and 200 lbs. It has great road manners,the engine provides very nice low end pick too! The super street rod looks get the eyes of everyone.It's loaded with techno- gadets that make it a timely vehicle. I never haul wood so I didn't need a truck for that purpose, but I do like the ability to drive a SUT/SUV that I can claim other than sharing the family SUV with my wife! I love my car..oops truck and the attemp of Lincoln to enter unchartered waters. Sorry it did not last... not really. I like the thought of a collector's dream!

Favorite Features

I love the exterior street rod styling and the super-tech trunk. The air controlled seats are cool or hot and the navigation system works well too!

Suggested Improvements

The market for this type of vehicle is very limited. The target should have been identified as a speciality market in the advertising. I think more horsepower is in order to compete. Maybe the 340 HO engine in the Harley F-150.

Is it a Car or is it a Truck?
By JR

2002 Lincoln Blackwood 2WD 4dr Crew Cab (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

It definitely is not a typical truck or car. Its sort of a new catagory. What it is is a truck with a trunk, a very large trunk but, not too deep. It'a blast to drive. It handle quite well for a 5,900 pound vehicle. Everything works just the way it should. I think you'll enjoy this ride.

Favorite Features

I love the DOHC but I can't figure out why it doen't produce more horsepower. It probably has the potential. With a nice set of duals and a little tweaking in the performance department it sounds and runs with the best (even the HEMIs).

Suggested Improvements

It is very plush but, Lincoln could have done alot better. After owning 6 Town Cars previously I know of alot of features that could have been included with the Blackwood. For instance why in the world didn't Lincoln install floorboard lights inside the cab; lighted running boards etc.