Used 2005 Lincoln Aviator SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Lincoln Aviator SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aviator model:

Who don't love my Aviator
By justoma

2005 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love love love my Aviator! It's the 2005, when I bought it in 2005 I knew the gas mileage was crap, but found the truck solid and full of power. I had the Grand Cherokee which was great too but the Aviator smoked it as far as performance. I have 75,000 miles on it. I do my oil changes every 3-4000 miles. I put tires on it in 2009 and I just put them on again..I never had them rotated and I failed on checking the pressure so they didn't get the wear they should of. I just got new ball joints as they were shot. That is all I've had to put it in it. It's never been to the shop for anything but oil changes and the ball joint issue. Rear door panal cracked too.

I love the glass window in the back opens without having to open the huge hatch. I love the touch pad keyless entry, I can lock my purse and keys in the car which I do all the time. I love all my dash controls on the wheel. I love the ride and the feel that anything can hit me and I will survive. I love the look. I love my Truck!

With the 3 row seats its hard to improve leg room. I wish the back seat was a full seat and not buckets so I could get one more person of size in. If I put the cruise control on when running Hwy, Ill get 20 miles.

Nice vehicle
By VJM

2005 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I replaced my Lexus with an Aviator 3 years ago. It only had 10K miles on it. Besides general mte. have replaced rear brakes and tires. Rear window panel cracked 2 yrs ago and was replaced under warranty. Has now cracked again (not under warranty). Dealership told me that Lincoln was aware of this problem but was not helping with replacement anymore. Was told yesterday (at 56K miles) that water pump was leaking. My husband likes this vehicle better than I do. But I drive it 95% of this time. I consistently get 17 mpg on a combo of city/highway driving. When my husband drives it the mpg goes down because he has a lead foot and loves "floor it" after a stop.

interior and exterior classy look.

These are things I am not crazy about. This vehicle is not for tall people. Leg room in 2nd row is not good except for children. Wish I had gotten bench seat instead of buckets. Not as comfortable as my Lexus and does not ride as nice. Driver's seat was very stiff until I got it broken in.

Aviator...Worst Car Ever Built
By hatethiscar1

2005 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is the worst car ever built! Ford used cheap Korean bearings that disintegrate as soon as your car goes out of warranty. Amazing at how well Ford could time this. Nothing but a mechanical, electrical nightmare that has almost killed my family twice. Ford should do the right thing and recall all aviators.

The bad engine that has gone out 4 times with less than 100k miles, the transfer case that went out and where we discovered the cheap Korean bearings. The 5 inch hairline crack under the liftgate. The oil leak on the block. The bad steering design. I could go on forever. Horrible car!

Recall all aviators!

An expensive pinto
By hatethiscar1

2005 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

The Lincoln aviator is the worst car ever built. They are dangerous and fall apart after 60,000 miles. Ford is aware of this but is ignoring all complaints and blaming tire tread wear as the cause of all electrical and mechanical problems. Never buy any aviator of any year.

NONE

Recall this car and give all owners a new car!

Great All Around SUV
By Chuck

2005 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

We could not be happier with our Aviator. We are the original owners and have had little trouble since our purchase. I wanted a luxury AWD SUV to last us 8-10 years. Well we are half way there and still love it. The fuel mileage is pitiful but we were aware of that at time of purchase. That's what you get when you put a Mustang engine in a heavy SUV. Duh? The AWD and Traction Control are excellent. I feel that my wife is safe in a heavy, well built American SUV. The comfort and ride is totally "Lincoln." The THX sound system is fantastic too. I just put new tires and brakes on. Also updated the Navigation DVD and purchased the extended warranty through Ford. We're keeping it!

Exterior style, power, sound system, ride

Fuel economy, ipod jack