2005 Lincoln Aviator SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aviator model:
Who don't love my Aviator
By justoma on 06/06/13 23:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love love love my Aviator! It's the 2005, when I bought it in 2005 I knew the gas mileage was crap, but found the truck solid and full of power. I had the Grand Cherokee which was great too but the Aviator smoked it as far as performance. I have 75,000 miles on it. I do my oil changes every 3-4000 miles. I put tires on it in 2009 and I just put them on again..I never had them rotated and I failed on checking the pressure so they didn't get the wear they should of. I just got new ball joints as they were shot. That is all I've had to put it in it. It's never been to the shop for anything but oil changes and the ball joint issue. Rear door panal cracked too.

Nice vehicle
By VJM on 07/23/10 08:55 AM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I replaced my Lexus with an Aviator 3 years ago. It only had 10K miles on it. Besides general mte. have replaced rear brakes and tires. Rear window panel cracked 2 yrs ago and was replaced under warranty. Has now cracked again (not under warranty). Dealership told me that Lincoln was aware of this problem but was not helping with replacement anymore. Was told yesterday (at 56K miles) that water pump was leaking. My husband likes this vehicle better than I do. But I drive it 95% of this time. I consistently get 17 mpg on a combo of city/highway driving. When my husband drives it the mpg goes down because he has a lead foot and loves "floor it" after a stop.

Aviator...Worst Car Ever Built
By hatethiscar1 on 07/19/10 16:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is the worst car ever built! Ford used cheap Korean bearings that disintegrate as soon as your car goes out of warranty. Amazing at how well Ford could time this. Nothing but a mechanical, electrical nightmare that has almost killed my family twice. Ford should do the right thing and recall all aviators.

An expensive pinto
By hatethiscar1 on 07/01/10 22:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

The Lincoln aviator is the worst car ever built. They are dangerous and fall apart after 60,000 miles. Ford is aware of this but is ignoring all complaints and blaming tire tread wear as the cause of all electrical and mechanical problems. Never buy any aviator of any year.

Great All Around SUV
By Chuck on 03/15/10 11:18 AM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

We could not be happier with our Aviator. We are the original owners and have had little trouble since our purchase. I wanted a luxury AWD SUV to last us 8-10 years. Well we are half way there and still love it. The fuel mileage is pitiful but we were aware of that at time of purchase. That's what you get when you put a Mustang engine in a heavy SUV. Duh? The AWD and Traction Control are excellent. I feel that my wife is safe in a heavy, well built American SUV. The comfort and ride is totally "Lincoln." The THX sound system is fantastic too. I just put new tires and brakes on. Also updated the Navigation DVD and purchased the extended warranty through Ford. We're keeping it!

Its aite
By samiyasmom on 11/05/09 03:16 AM (PST)

2005 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have had my Aviator for a year and a half now and back in january I started having problems with it. Sometimes it would start when you got in it and every time i would take it to the lincoln dealership they would keep saying they could do nothing because when i would get it to the dealership it would start up so i got tired of it maybe starting and sometimes not starting that i ended up getting it towed back to the dealership because one day i got in it and it wouldn't start so i ended up buying a new starter and that ended up not even being the problem it was something else so i was frustrated with that.

A Headache So Far
By Rudy C. on 05/16/09 13:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I am financing my 2005 Lincoln Aviator and have had it since August 2008 and I have to say that I am experiencing a major problem with my power windows not working (they are now rolled down), the stereo doesn't work, and my AC lights do not work either. I have checked all the fuses both underneathe the dash on under the hood and all checks good, but still I am unable to close my windows or use my radio. This is a very luxury and beautiful vehicle, but I hate the fact that no one seems to know what has caused this problem. Please help!

Absolutely wonderful!
By Scott on 09/26/08 11:03 AM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have only had the car for a few days now, but I am sorry that I didn't purchase it sooner. I already had an SUV and wanted to get something newer with less mileage. I can honestly say that I think I made the perfect choice. It is extremely comfortable, the V8 has more power than a lot of sports cars and SUVs, and to beat all, you can't beat the value!!! I echo the sentiments of another reviewer - it should have never been taken off the market. My suggestion: if you are looking for an SUV for comfort, reliability, and ultimate luxury, look no further than the Lincoln Aviator!

Great to drive
By Richard on 08/14/08 21:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Fun to drive & don't take up my whole garage. Most of my driving is turnpike avg 17.5 mpg. Not bad for the Navigator look without the bite at the pump.

Aviator
By AMY GRESAK on 07/15/07 03:38 AM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

My driving experience is very luxury and it handles the road great. It provides awesome entertainment for children or guests and at the same time makes driving a relaxing experience. Reduces the stress on long drives and short.