Used 2005 Lincoln Aviator Luxury Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Lincoln Aviator - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aviator model:

Nice vehicle
By VJM

2005 Lincoln Aviator Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I replaced my Lexus with an Aviator 3 years ago. It only had 10K miles on it. Besides general mte. have replaced rear brakes and tires. Rear window panel cracked 2 yrs ago and was replaced under warranty. Has now cracked again (not under warranty). Dealership told me that Lincoln was aware of this problem but was not helping with replacement anymore. Was told yesterday (at 56K miles) that water pump was leaking. My husband likes this vehicle better than I do. But I drive it 95% of this time. I consistently get 17 mpg on a combo of city/highway driving. When my husband drives it the mpg goes down because he has a lead foot and loves "floor it" after a stop.

interior and exterior classy look.

These are things I am not crazy about. This vehicle is not for tall people. Leg room in 2nd row is not good except for children. Wish I had gotten bench seat instead of buckets. Not as comfortable as my Lexus and does not ride as nice. Driver's seat was very stiff until I got it broken in.

Aviator...Worst Car Ever Built
By hatethiscar1

2005 Lincoln Aviator Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is the worst car ever built! Ford used cheap Korean bearings that disintegrate as soon as your car goes out of warranty. Amazing at how well Ford could time this. Nothing but a mechanical, electrical nightmare that has almost killed my family twice. Ford should do the right thing and recall all aviators.

The bad engine that has gone out 4 times with less than 100k miles, the transfer case that went out and where we discovered the cheap Korean bearings. The 5 inch hairline crack under the liftgate. The oil leak on the block. The bad steering design. I could go on forever. Horrible car!

Recall all aviators!

An expensive pinto
By hatethiscar1

2005 Lincoln Aviator Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

The Lincoln aviator is the worst car ever built. They are dangerous and fall apart after 60,000 miles. Ford is aware of this but is ignoring all complaints and blaming tire tread wear as the cause of all electrical and mechanical problems. Never buy any aviator of any year.

NONE

Recall this car and give all owners a new car!

Great All Around SUV
By Chuck

2005 Lincoln Aviator Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

We could not be happier with our Aviator. We are the original owners and have had little trouble since our purchase. I wanted a luxury AWD SUV to last us 8-10 years. Well we are half way there and still love it. The fuel mileage is pitiful but we were aware of that at time of purchase. That's what you get when you put a Mustang engine in a heavy SUV. Duh? The AWD and Traction Control are excellent. I feel that my wife is safe in a heavy, well built American SUV. The comfort and ride is totally "Lincoln." The THX sound system is fantastic too. I just put new tires and brakes on. Also updated the Navigation DVD and purchased the extended warranty through Ford. We're keeping it!

Exterior style, power, sound system, ride

Fuel economy, ipod jack

Its aite
By samiyasmom

2005 Lincoln Aviator Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have had my Aviator for a year and a half now and back in january I started having problems with it. Sometimes it would start when you got in it and every time i would take it to the lincoln dealership they would keep saying they could do nothing because when i would get it to the dealership it would start up so i got tired of it maybe starting and sometimes not starting that i ended up getting it towed back to the dealership because one day i got in it and it wouldn't start so i ended up buying a new starter and that ended up not even being the problem it was something else so i was frustrated with that.

TV, Radio air condition heated seats third row and the space

Now my truck is broke down again and its gonna cost me 2700 dollars to get it fixed so if you are looking for dependable not a good pic because it may be dependable one day and the next day it may break down on you without warning like i was a victim of.