2005 Lincoln Aviator - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aviator model:
Nice vehicle
By VJM on 07/23/10 08:55 AM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln Aviator Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I replaced my Lexus with an Aviator 3 years ago. It only had 10K miles on it. Besides general mte. have replaced rear brakes and tires. Rear window panel cracked 2 yrs ago and was replaced under warranty. Has now cracked again (not under warranty). Dealership told me that Lincoln was aware of this problem but was not helping with replacement anymore. Was told yesterday (at 56K miles) that water pump was leaking. My husband likes this vehicle better than I do. But I drive it 95% of this time. I consistently get 17 mpg on a combo of city/highway driving. When my husband drives it the mpg goes down because he has a lead foot and loves "floor it" after a stop.

Aviator...Worst Car Ever Built
By hatethiscar1 on 07/19/10 16:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln Aviator Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is the worst car ever built! Ford used cheap Korean bearings that disintegrate as soon as your car goes out of warranty. Amazing at how well Ford could time this. Nothing but a mechanical, electrical nightmare that has almost killed my family twice. Ford should do the right thing and recall all aviators.

An expensive pinto
By hatethiscar1 on 07/01/10 22:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln Aviator Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

The Lincoln aviator is the worst car ever built. They are dangerous and fall apart after 60,000 miles. Ford is aware of this but is ignoring all complaints and blaming tire tread wear as the cause of all electrical and mechanical problems. Never buy any aviator of any year.

Great All Around SUV
By Chuck on 03/15/10 11:18 AM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln Aviator Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

We could not be happier with our Aviator. We are the original owners and have had little trouble since our purchase. I wanted a luxury AWD SUV to last us 8-10 years. Well we are half way there and still love it. The fuel mileage is pitiful but we were aware of that at time of purchase. That's what you get when you put a Mustang engine in a heavy SUV. Duh? The AWD and Traction Control are excellent. I feel that my wife is safe in a heavy, well built American SUV. The comfort and ride is totally "Lincoln." The THX sound system is fantastic too. I just put new tires and brakes on. Also updated the Navigation DVD and purchased the extended warranty through Ford. We're keeping it!

Its aite
By samiyasmom on 11/05/09 03:16 AM (PST)

2005 Lincoln Aviator Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have had my Aviator for a year and a half now and back in january I started having problems with it. Sometimes it would start when you got in it and every time i would take it to the lincoln dealership they would keep saying they could do nothing because when i would get it to the dealership it would start up so i got tired of it maybe starting and sometimes not starting that i ended up getting it towed back to the dealership because one day i got in it and it wouldn't start so i ended up buying a new starter and that ended up not even being the problem it was something else so i was frustrated with that.

Absolutely wonderful!
By Scott on 09/26/08 11:03 AM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln Aviator Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have only had the car for a few days now, but I am sorry that I didn't purchase it sooner. I already had an SUV and wanted to get something newer with less mileage. I can honestly say that I think I made the perfect choice. It is extremely comfortable, the V8 has more power than a lot of sports cars and SUVs, and to beat all, you can't beat the value!!! I echo the sentiments of another reviewer - it should have never been taken off the market. My suggestion: if you are looking for an SUV for comfort, reliability, and ultimate luxury, look no further than the Lincoln Aviator!

Aviator
By AMY GRESAK on 07/15/07 03:38 AM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln Aviator Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

My driving experience is very luxury and it handles the road great. It provides awesome entertainment for children or guests and at the same time makes driving a relaxing experience. Reduces the stress on long drives and short.

Awesome SUV! I love this car!
By jd1017 on 04/26/07 12:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln Aviator Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I've read a lot of the comments concerning the 2003 AWD Aviator and feel very fortunate. I haven't experienced anything but pleasure from this SUV, the power and comfort is second to none. I'm in sales and stop start this car ten plus times a day, no troubles. The rear hatch surrounding the glass did split, fiberglass fracture is what the dealship referred to it as. They replaced it, out of warranty, free of charge. So far with over 50,000 miles on the vehicle I really can't complain about anything! I still think this is the best bang for the buck!

Great Vehicle!!
By DAWN on 03/01/07 07:15 AM (PST)

2005 Lincoln Aviator Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love this truck, I went from a Trailblazer to this, what a difference. Smooth ride, classic interior. My son loves the DVD player, the second row bucket seats, and the third row seating for his friends!! Powerful engine, like any other vehicle, owner needs to get used to the handling and especially in bad weather!

Awesome Vehicle
By Rose on 01/09/06 13:39 PM (PST)

2005 Lincoln Aviator Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I am extremely pleased with this vehicle. I wanted to buy an American luxury SUV vehicle and this fit the bill. Am as excited to see the 2007 release.

1 2 3 4 5 next »