2004 Lincoln Aviator SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aviator model:
Flying the Aviator
By brandon on 02/04/06 11:38 AM (PST)

2004 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

i love driving this suv. i actually enjoy driving to work now because the aviator is such a joy to drive. the stereo is fantastic, and the ride is so smooth that is feels like you are flying. the steering is easy and smooth as well. the HID lights are a big plus at night as well. the aviator is loaded with all kinds of gadgits and i love gadgits. over all, i love the vehicle. it has a few problems, but since most of the aviators are discounted right now, you can get a brand new one for 20,000 less than a bmw or mb.

Beautiful truck!
By Brad Schwier on 01/24/06 15:59 PM (PST)

2004 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This car is beautiful on the inside and out. It's classy interior design makes you feel like you are in the best of the best. With 300 hp you don't even feel like you're driving a big vehicle, it feels more like a sports car when it comes to acceleration. The gas mileage isn't to brag about, but either is a Camaro's which was my last car.

I'm in love with this car
By Michael Watts on 11/10/05 20:29 PM (PST)

2004 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

this car is amazing. it handles like a sports car at 105 mph. its amazing. i drive it hard and it can handle it. ive gotten it to 125 mph and the thing handles like im going 0 mph. its amazing. i was on my cell phone even and i had complete control. the 0-60 is amazingly fast too, this cars got major tourque, it just ripps down the road. i would reccoment it to anyone who wants performance of a sports car with luxury of a mercedes s-class. anyways, if you want an suv, this is it. it can be compared to the range rover its so nice, but you can buy it for tons less. it never gives me trouble either.

Great truck
By michael on 06/29/05 16:28 PM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This truck amazes me every single day. The engine is remarkable, handling is precise (especially for its weight and size), and it's extremely comfortable. Towing capacity is great--eclipsing most other SUVs in its class. Gas mileage is actually pretty good for the engine and weight of the vehicle.

Poor seat design
By tinsoldier on 05/23/05 12:31 PM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Front seats are very uncomfortable. Lincoln should have copied the seat design from it's big brother the Navigator. Rear cargo area is not flat when the third seat is layed down. Poor fuel economy.

Arctic test
By NORTHPOLERMIKE on 05/10/05 19:50 PM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

6200 miles since Dec 1 mostly during harsh,cold(-50F)rough road trips. This vehicle handles OK on ice & snow,tracks well & stops better than 2003 4Runner. But it rides rough at -20 and below, maybe due to monotube shocks and tires. Had the driver's heated seat go out; replaced unitis intermittent.Great power going through the mountains.Leg and hip room are a little tight in the cockpit. Instruments are well lit, easy to read,and laid out smart. The tranny is smooth; accelerates on demand. Leg room in the 2nd row quad chairs is lacking; on an 800 mile/23hr roundtrip hr 1 passenger was so uncomfortable he had to crawl into the rear benchseat to stretch out;2nd row needs to move back 3 inches!

Poorly designed seats
By S. Ward on 04/20/05 11:28 AM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this Aviator about 6 months ago and cannot get comfortable in the driver or front passenger seats. Seat bottom wedges you in. Dealer Service Manager and Lincoln Service no help!

Luv my car
By Terrya on 01/01/05 11:17 AM (PST)

2004 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I Luv this car everything is nice had a windstar van before now I wanted something in the same size for passengers, this met all of my needs I wish the 04 had navigation but I still luv it. Always wanted to drive a lincoln and I am glad they have a smaller suv the navigator looks too big for me.

Great, ----- but,
By LWD on 12/30/04 15:47 PM (PST)

2004 Lincoln Aviator SUV Ultimate Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Looks wonderful, better than my last two Navigators which I loved. Drives great, much better than my last two Naavigators. Build quality???? So far, a dissappointment. My dealer has been wonderful in quality and timely warranty repair, but too much has needed repair. 5,000 miles and needed: new differential, new radio, 3 trim pieces, and the front brake discs were warped, and drivers seat has a little slop in the track. All is well now, but - - - Not a great start.

nice car
By terry on 12/15/04 08:43 AM (PST)

2004 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

just bought the car, and it broke down the first 3 hours I had it. They gave me another one and so far so good I just love a Lincoln. Its the first Lincoln I have owned I just hope I still love it.