Used 2004 Lincoln Aviator SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Lincoln Aviator - Consumer Reviews

2004 Lincoln Aviator SUV

View reviews for a specific Aviator model:

Poor Quality: Cylinder, Transmission and AC Problems
By natefromaz

2004 Lincoln Aviator SUV Ultimate AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought a brand new Lincoln Aviator in November 2004 and it now has 82K miles. The quality of teh venhicle in general has been bad after he cross 60K miles. In general the engine pings and the check engine light comes and off and when we come to a stop light, the AC starts blowing hot air. The check engine light came steady on at 78K miles and when I took it to the dealer, it was diagnosed that left side cylinder head and transmission needs to be replaced and there is no warranty and I was given an estimation of $5500 for the cylinder head and $3500 for transmission. I called Ford customer care but they said that they cannot help or cover for these costs. Don't buy Ford!!

Favorite Features

V8 power, roomy interior

Suggested Improvements

Improve quality. Ford should cover the Cylinder and transmission replacement beyond the four year warranty. Owners cannot be expected to spend $7500 for Cylinder and Transmission replacement just after 80K miles. That is very poor quality as well as not being customer friendly in not covering the major repair costs.

Brake gear shift release
By mrcatpr

2004 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have problem with brake gear shift release and is too expensive to correct this problem.

Favorite Features

Interior design

Excellent
By Ray

2004 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

When i first saw this vehicle i liked it right off the bat. The amazing exterior design of this SUV caught my eye in an instant. I drive this car every day and it never fails to impress me. The 302 horsepower really gives you power and makes you feel like you are driving a sports car. With this SUV you get the best of both worlds. You get the features of a luxury SUV and the features of a sports car with its amazing handling. Very good buy. I definitely recommend it.

Favorite Features

Amazing torque and overall design of the SUV.

Suggested Improvements

none

I will never buy a lincoln again
By gonzo13

2004 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle brand new in Oct 2004. When I bought it I was impressed with the styling more then anything else, but that quickly faded when the mechanical problems started soon after. I kept up on all required maintenance since I bought it. The problems started early on. From the climate control to the spark plug coils going out on me continuously. The gear shift leaver broke when I was putting it into park from drive. On the back tail gate there is a crack right below the back widow. I was told that it is a trend on these vehicles. I will never own another Ford/Lincoln product as long as I live. After all said and done, the dealership goes out of business. How ironic is that

Favorite Features

The styling.

Suggested Improvements

The reliability of the vehicle and to stand by their product...

UNHAPPY WITH 2004 AVIATOR
By odalys

2004 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I've had the car for almost 6 yrs. This is the 3rd time that the applique on the back of car has cracked. Also, my extended warranty just expired. Now car is at dealer with oil leak and thermostat problem. In the past had to have transmission repaired, the driving gear fixed. Air conditioner problems. Not happy right now. Third row is useless. Small space. Also when third row up, now trunk space. Have 3 kids so it's a problem, because not roomy.

Favorite Features

dvd player

Suggested Improvements

more trunk space,