2004 Lincoln Aviator SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aviator model:
40,000 and a few more problems
By Mongo on 03/08/09 16:47 PM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Still a fine performer, but have experienced a few more issues. New starter, left rear window stopped working both fixed under warranty. Now the ABS light came on and the cruise control stopped working. I guess we will see the value of the extended warranty next. Still, nothing comes close on the highway.

Disappointed Del
By Disappointed Del on 02/13/09 04:52 AM (PST)

2004 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I am so disappointed in my 2004 Lincoln Aviator. I really wanted a Lincoln Navigator and when I went on the lot and saw the Aviator, I thought I was getting a deal. My warranty ended last year, 4 years came first and 56,000 miles at this point and I have a burnt valve inside the head. $3,000 is the estimated price quote to repair this problem. I have had nice luxury cars all my life and this is my first and last Lincoln. I am so disappointed. I have a 1995 Nissan Maxima with 160,000 miles no problem, I have had a Honda with 200,000 miles and no problems. My first car was a Hyundai and I had a 100,000 + miles and no problems. I think I'll stick with foreign cars in the future.

High Class. Low Price.
By Bojiphil on 06/30/08 10:22 AM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This SUV is the best vehicle I have ever owned. I have 90000 miles on it and its suspension still holds tight. No leaks. I am very pleased with my purchase. Even with gas over $4.50 a gallon the space and comfort is well worth it.

Alll in one
By D and T on 11/08/07 18:50 PM (PST)

2004 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I've never had a 300hp engine in my control before. I bought my wife this used lincoln aviator and now I drive it half the time! The interior is flawless, the engine is quiet but powerful. The controls are all within distance. I truely believe mpg is more reflective on the driver rather then the vehicle. My wife and I get 17.5 MPG average! We recently learned that driving within a certain speed helps MPG(read the manual) So I dont think the MPG too bad, just try not to be tempted by that 300hp engine. Exterior is decent, looks a bit better then the Mercury or the Explorer. I expected us to buy a Mountaineer, glad I didn't!

Great SUV untill the warranty expires!
By DBachman on 06/05/07 12:15 PM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I loved this SUV in the beginning. It has tons of power and a smooth ride, but the reliability is terrible. Now that the warranty has expired and I have to spend a couple thousand a year on maintenance I am looking to trade.

Excellent SUV
By Thomas on 05/28/07 14:31 PM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Mixed long distance highway and heavy city trafic. Very safe, easy to drive and considering the size, 19mpg on the highway.

Excellent Luxury Vehicle!
By pop123 on 03/18/07 20:33 PM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This suv is a very good value, i love the seats, they are so comfortable, and the ride is amazing, the Engine is very powerful, i love the black clear coat, and Soundmark sound system, heated and cooled seats are Great job Lincoln! shouldn't have ceased production on these fantastic vehicles!also a plus. Never had one problem with this truck yet.

aviator
By charles on 03/03/07 22:36 PM (PST)

2004 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

the dealer said once I drive it it would be hard to go back, I owned two escape before going to the aviator, he was right, I liked it from the git go, still fun to drive, no plan on getting rid of it even if its a discontinued model, one of the side curtain sensors failed fully covered, otherwise no problems, would I buy it again you bet.

23000 and few problems
By Mongo on 02/18/07 19:15 PM (PST)

2004 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Such a nice highway cruiser. Pulls a medium size RV nicely as well. A few petty problems, but the dealer has done very well to handle them.

wow!!!
By Myrtle Beach on 04/07/06 19:12 PM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I did not plan on buying this kind of car when I first wanted to get a car, but when I saw it, I fell in love right away. Amazing design for inside and outside. Lots of power, just like a sport car. If you thinking SUV then this should be your 1st option. It handels the road like it owns it. This SUV get lots of attention and I love it...