2004 Lincoln Aviator SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aviator model:
not a crossover, Awd Truck&Mustang
By darthdaddy on 06/17/13 23:05 PM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln Aviator SUV Ultimate AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

the best midsize suv in the bussiness , mine has been a complete pleasure since i bought it used in 08 with 111km.. now that she has 240k as if same as new i swear it (with some dash lights lit ). i do my maintanance tho , frequent oil changes is a must if you love her or she pings & cries . @ close to 185 to 200k my cats gave me all kind of symptoms like bucking and hesitating to accelerat witch set me on a long expensive adventure with plugs and more pluggs .. since the 3 catylytic change at 205k she has been great & never any other problem .. even the hypitch in the rear diff i bought it with, did go away by itself after some month of me racing the beast .. but also an awsome family truck

I LOVE the Aviator!!!
By azurlee on 09/04/12 05:24 AM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought the 2004 Aviator brand new, almost 9 years ago. It has been the most reliable of any car I've ever had (and I've had many). It feels luxurious on the inside, even after all of this time. Lincoln got the fit/finish on this one right. It has been such a gem to own. I will drive it until it dies. I really wish Lincoln still made them. I would buy another after this one is done. That's how much I love it. I've owned many other SUV's and never had one this dreamy and reliable. Can't say enough good stuff about it.

I HATE THIS VEHICLE
By ihatelincoln on 03/13/12 13:19 PM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased this vehicle used about a year and a half ago. Never really liked it but it was in our price range and had all the amenitied that we required. We owned a Chevy Tahoe prior to this but it did not have a 3rd row seat which is what we needed. Here are the things that I dispise about this car. 1. Even though we have owned this vehicle for over a year still can't get used to the window controls in the center console and the seat controls on the door 2. Even though we've owned this vehicle for over a year still haven't gotten used the fact that is doesn't automatically unlock all the doors when you turn it off, I curse this vehicle everyday for this very reason!!!!!!!!!!!

AFTER PAYING $1800.00, BROKE 5 MORE TIME IN 10 DAYS.
By msjay1234 on 12/23/11 08:29 AM (PST)

2004 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought a 2004 Lincoln Aviator in June the Front differential broke in September. Repaired in November and I paid $1800.00 on December 1,2011. Picked up car on 1st. it broke on the 2nd. Picked up car on the 6th and on the 8th it started licking fluid. returned it and they said that it was fine. Then on the 12th it Broke again. On the 16th I picked it Up and drove it 30 mins. and smelled burning, took it back at 4 pm they said that it was the old smell burning off. At 7pm it broke on the hwy. Several times me and My small kids has broken down on the Road. The car is really unsafe. Thanking God that We got to Safety all these times. and the Car is still in the Shop. My God. What to Do I ask.

2004 Aviator
By charitee on 11/03/11 12:00 PM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

We purchased this beautiful SUV because of it's mid size and appeal. It was fine until it hit 75K miles, the engine froze up, & had to be replaced. FORD was not willing to talk to us, and very rude, the AC hardly blows cool air, the radiator cracked, it is constantly in and out of the repair shop. FORD has no interest in customer service, never will we buy another FORD product.

Poor Quality: Cylinder, Transmission and AC Problems
By natefromaz on 09/17/11 11:27 AM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln Aviator SUV Ultimate AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought a brand new Lincoln Aviator in November 2004 and it now has 82K miles. The quality of teh venhicle in general has been bad after he cross 60K miles. In general the engine pings and the check engine light comes and off and when we come to a stop light, the AC starts blowing hot air. The check engine light came steady on at 78K miles and when I took it to the dealer, it was diagnosed that left side cylinder head and transmission needs to be replaced and there is no warranty and I was given an estimation of $5500 for the cylinder head and $3500 for transmission. I called Ford customer care but they said that they cannot help or cover for these costs. Don't buy Ford!!

Brake gear shift release
By mrcatpr on 08/26/10 21:12 PM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have problem with brake gear shift release and is too expensive to correct this problem.

Excellent
By Ray on 04/12/10 19:36 PM (PDT)

2004 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

When i first saw this vehicle i liked it right off the bat. The amazing exterior design of this SUV caught my eye in an instant. I drive this car every day and it never fails to impress me. The 302 horsepower really gives you power and makes you feel like you are driving a sports car. With this SUV you get the best of both worlds. You get the features of a luxury SUV and the features of a sports car with its amazing handling. Very good buy. I definitely recommend it.

I will never buy a lincoln again
By gonzo13 on 01/28/10 16:24 PM (PST)

2004 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle brand new in Oct 2004. When I bought it I was impressed with the styling more then anything else, but that quickly faded when the mechanical problems started soon after. I kept up on all required maintenance since I bought it. The problems started early on. From the climate control to the spark plug coils going out on me continuously. The gear shift leaver broke when I was putting it into park from drive. On the back tail gate there is a crack right below the back widow. I was told that it is a trend on these vehicles. I will never own another Ford/Lincoln product as long as I live. After all said and done, the dealership goes out of business. How ironic is that

UNHAPPY WITH 2004 AVIATOR
By odalys on 01/07/10 07:28 AM (PST)

2004 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I've had the car for almost 6 yrs. This is the 3rd time that the applique on the back of car has cracked. Also, my extended warranty just expired. Now car is at dealer with oil leak and thermostat problem. In the past had to have transmission repaired, the driving gear fixed. Air conditioner problems. Not happy right now. Third row is useless. Small space. Also when third row up, now trunk space. Have 3 kids so it's a problem, because not roomy.