Used 2004 Lincoln Aviator Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Lincoln Aviator - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aviator model:

not a crossover, Awd Truck&Mustang
By darthdaddy

2004 Lincoln Aviator Ultimate AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

the best midsize suv in the bussiness , mine has been a complete pleasure since i bought it used in 08 with 111km.. now that she has 240k as if same as new i swear it (with some dash lights lit ). i do my maintanance tho , frequent oil changes is a must if you love her or she pings & cries . @ close to 185 to 200k my cats gave me all kind of symptoms like bucking and hesitating to accelerat witch set me on a long expensive adventure with plugs and more pluggs .. since the 3 catylytic change at 205k she has been great & never any other problem .. even the hypitch in the rear diff i bought it with, did go away by itself after some month of me racing the beast .. but also an awsome family truck

style power comfort & agility .. you can effective manualy shift from 1 2 3 @ redline and not break anything on this truck .. and 3 2 1 into a corner .. in 20 years will be an expensive collectable. if you arent over 5"11

could be less expensive to repair . better mag chrome that wont carode or peel . stronger rear glass hatch window hinges (for logging roads). & a few more inches of driver leg room for my wife please.

I LOVE the Aviator!!!
By azurlee

2004 Lincoln Aviator Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought the 2004 Aviator brand new, almost 9 years ago. It has been the most reliable of any car I've ever had (and I've had many). It feels luxurious on the inside, even after all of this time. Lincoln got the fit/finish on this one right. It has been such a gem to own. I will drive it until it dies. I really wish Lincoln still made them. I would buy another after this one is done. That's how much I love it. I've owned many other SUV's and never had one this dreamy and reliable. Can't say enough good stuff about it.

Styling, comfort, easy to drive, good visibility, reliable, well built, feels solid, sound system, fit & finish, 3rd row.

Smaller engine for better gas mileage.

I HATE THIS VEHICLE
By ihatelincoln

2004 Lincoln Aviator Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased this vehicle used about a year and a half ago. Never really liked it but it was in our price range and had all the amenitied that we required. We owned a Chevy Tahoe prior to this but it did not have a 3rd row seat which is what we needed. Here are the things that I dispise about this car. 1. Even though we have owned this vehicle for over a year still can't get used to the window controls in the center console and the seat controls on the door 2. Even though we've owned this vehicle for over a year still haven't gotten used the fact that is doesn't automatically unlock all the doors when you turn it off, I curse this vehicle everyday for this very reason!!!!!!!!!!!

NONE, ok maybe the color that's it!!!!

1. Even though we have owned this vehicle for over a year still can't get used to the window controls in the center console and the seat controls on the door 2. Even though we've owned this vehicle for over a year still haven't gotten used the fact that is doesn't automatically unlock all the doors when you turn it off, I curse this vehicle everyday for this very reason!!!!!!!!!!! 3. About a month after purchase the tailgat panel cracked which I've noticed a lot on these vehicles. 4. The upper console just fell out of no where. 5. Not spacious inside at all especially after the Tahoe it is very cramped Bottom line I hate this vehicle...going to but a Yulon today!!!NO more Ford products

AFTER PAYING $1800.00, BROKE 5 MORE TIME IN 10 DAYS.
By msjay1234

2004 Lincoln Aviator Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought a 2004 Lincoln Aviator in June the Front differential broke in September. Repaired in November and I paid $1800.00 on December 1,2011. Picked up car on 1st. it broke on the 2nd. Picked up car on the 6th and on the 8th it started licking fluid. returned it and they said that it was fine. Then on the 12th it Broke again. On the 16th I picked it Up and drove it 30 mins. and smelled burning, took it back at 4 pm they said that it was the old smell burning off. At 7pm it broke on the hwy. Several times me and My small kids has broken down on the Road. The car is really unsafe. Thanking God that We got to Safety all these times. and the Car is still in the Shop. My God. What to Do I ask.

2004 Aviator
By charitee

2004 Lincoln Aviator Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

We purchased this beautiful SUV because of it's mid size and appeal. It was fine until it hit 75K miles, the engine froze up, & had to be replaced. FORD was not willing to talk to us, and very rude, the AC hardly blows cool air, the radiator cracked, it is constantly in and out of the repair shop. FORD has no interest in customer service, never will we buy another FORD product.

Design

Improve the mechanics, build another SUV that isn't huge, a gas hog, and has a 3rd seat. Offer customer service and take some accountability for the poor mechanics of this SUV.