2003 Lincoln Aviator - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aviator model:
This ain't no Explorer
By E. Mayer on 11/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lincoln Aviator Premium AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

We were in the market for an SUV with 3rd row seating. If this is you, do yourself a favor and test drive this SUV. You'll understand why most limo's are Licoln's - it's all about the ride and this SUV delivers.

Shake and rattle
By Pierrot on 11/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lincoln Aviator Premium AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

The day after I took delivery of this vehicle was in the shop. It has been in the shop on 6 different occasions for over 30 days. There is a vibration throughout the drivetrain including the steering wheel which manifest itself by shaking when driving down the road. It is noticed by noise and feel. Ford says that all Avaitors are this way so be aware. If you feel your hand shaking or hear vibrations it is not in your head. Other problems include oil, leaks tire sensor failures and bad tires.

Refreshing!
By Kathy's Car on 11/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lincoln Aviator Premium AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

After much hesitation I made the move to a SUV. The Aviator convinced me. My criteria was it couldn't ride or feel like a truck. It definitely does not. The handling, performance and ride are more than I expected. Coming out of a Mercedes C320, I was concerned to move to a larger vehicle, but the experience so far has me less frustrated with my sometimes 1 hour commute in bumper to bumper traffic. After a very disappointing ride with Mercedes, I am truly excited and refreshed to be back to an impressive American made vehicle.

Not so thrilled
By EDF on 10/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lincoln Aviator Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I'm 50/50 on the Aviator. However, the brushed silver console scartches so easy and if you buy this vehicle to truck kids around, it get's scratched up quickly. If you use all three rows, forget putting anything in the back. I can barely fit an umbrella stroller. Lastly, I never had a V8, and didn't realize how much gas it eats up. If I had to do it again, I would go with a Volvo or Acura SUV. I told the dealer I wasn't happy with my choice and he basically said tough.

About My Lincoln
By womenofgod on 10/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Aviator Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

It is the first Lincoln I have ever owned. This SUV rides like a limo and doesn't even seem like a truck.

good compromise
By yogidoc on 10/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Aviator Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

believe it or not i traded my 03 porsche cayenne s for fully loaded 03 aviator. cayenne suspension was abusive in city and seating position was terrible for my lower back....i was surprised w/ the power and handling of the aviator....not that far off from the porsche. In summary i'm gettting a kick driving an american suv You get alot of truck for the money. I also don't really worry about the black beast like i did w/ the porsche.However I do miss the stares, questions and tiptronic gearing.You can't have it all and at least i'm driving in comfort!!!!!!

Great Performer
By Topeagle on 10/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Aviator Premium AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

It is a solid performing car; interior is top-notch. Negatives: the tilt steering mechanism is a step backwards - awkward and it can interfere exiting the vehicle. Rear view mirror is rather cheap considering the price of the vehicle. Lincoln should also have included the automatic emergency brake release that is in the Navigators, tough to bend when you get older and a little heavier! I chose the Kitty Hawk because only way to get black leather seats but the chrome wheels are a must. Tires should have remained OWL instead of solid black. The ride is great. Lincoln should also have designed with dual exhausts!!!

Not My Expedition
By Golfingg on 10/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Aviator Premium Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in a 2003 Eddie Bauer Expedition for the Aviator. It was a great trade. It has more power and although it is not quite as big, it is still very comfortable for my family of four. The power is unbelievable.

Soooo Happy!
By Marzie on 10/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Aviator Premium AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

We are so happy we finally found the perfect SUV. We have test driven almost everything out there. Nothing compared to the sports car like feel when you drive it. We did not get the navigation system - wasn't worth the extra money for people that never get lost. The A/C seats are not that noticeable.

Have you driven a Lincoln SUV lately
By Leem on 10/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Aviator Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Test drives X5, Toureg, RX330, MDX, XC90, and Aviator. Aviator agreed by ALL family menbers within seconds. Bought right after test drive. Can't imagine Lincoln's SUV is with great handling and comfort; enven the quiteness is better than RX330. Have you driven a Lincoln SUV lately?