2003 Lincoln Aviator - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aviator model:
Love my Aviator!
By Scott Davis on 10/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Aviator Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I had no intention of buying this model when I walked in. That day I was only going to "look" at a few different models. When I drove the Aviator, I was amazed. The drive was like a caddy, with a comanding view of the road, and power to spare. The interrior was imacualte, and the sound system was a bonus. I was hooked. Since then I have enjoyed the car SO much. My two-year old son, LOVES the DVD, and it is a joy to travel in. The gas milage is the only draw back, but I knew that going in. With 300+ HP at your disposal it's hard to complain... ;) I'd give it a 10 out of ten if not for the gas milage. So a 9 out of 10 in overall satisfaction. LOVE IT.

nice car
By Leonard Delarue on 06/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Aviator Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

this car has a great ride and handles somewhat like a sport car. i love the looks of the car (it's the option white that cost an additional $400) and other people must also like the looks also because it turns a lot of heads. there is some slight road noise inside the cabin.

FINE
By DesMoines on 05/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Aviator Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is a great car for driving-plush great ride. Easy to park gets around in all weather. Lots of power. Terrible gas mileage(13-15 max) city/highway. And too small of a gas tank (20 gallon)- I am filling up constantly-once a week.

LOVE IT!!!
By Kathy's Car on 04/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Aviator Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

After a very disappointing ownership of a Mercedes C320 - this vehicle is a joy to drive. It's been reliable - only maintenance items required. No problems - what a change from my Mercedes.

Tired of Fighting
By tired owner on 04/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Aviator Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I do alot of driving-23,000 miles in 8 months!I owned a Navigator before this Aviator and loved it. Since 2000 miles, it shimmies at 75mph.They've replaced tires, rotored brakes and can't seem to fix it. The driver's seat moves and they say it's normal after replacing the seat and track! I'm tired of fighting to get a quality SUV for my money! I have not gotten anyone to help - even at Customer Relations Headquarters!

Outstanding SUV
By MikeyM on 03/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lincoln Aviator Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This SUV is simply awesome!!! It's ride is quiet and smooth,handling is great, and it has all the luxury of a Limo. The 300+ horse 32 Valve American made V8 along with the five speed O-Drive transmission delivers all the power anyone could want and has too many more nice features to mention here...Driving is actually fun again for me!!

won out over other test drives
By justgotanaviator on 02/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lincoln Aviator Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I drove the Expedition, Montero, Navigator, Sequouia and Tahoe, all with the decked out packages. The Aviator was a hands down winner. Quieter, more luxurious and more powerful (responsive to the quick spurts of acceleration). AND, the steering is awesome, European comporable for sure. Expensive on the gas but we only put 12k per year on our vehicle. For that, the luxury ride is unbeatable. There is no other vehicle for this price and this total package.

A great....bigger auto.
By David M Brown on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lincoln Aviator Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Driven for 6 months before off-center collision @ 50-55 mph with a 2003 Ford Ranger. I walked away with no injury. This vehicle is impressive. Agile for this size: no problems parking in any parking lot or street. Road trips with family and "stuff" are very comfortable:acceleration/passing no problem, even fully loaded with a/c on.I would buy another one of these.The Aviator's positive journal reviews are well deserved. One criticism:"plain" heated seats not an option:heated-and-cooled seats is a package. David M Brown kinichiwah@aol.com

Room to Roam
By 2X4 off road on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lincoln Aviator Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

The comfort can only be beat by bigger luxery cars.The worst milage is 11.5 mpg uphill in town at low speed and the best on the hwy is 23 mpg with it getting 20.5 easily on the hwy at 70 mph. I just did a long trip and got 19 mpg at 90 mile per hour most of the way.

We Love This SUV
By art_lover82 on 11/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lincoln Aviator Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Could not be happier! Handles like a dream, very peppy, smooth and quiet. Looked at Explorer, Escalade and Lexus. Aviator the best by far. Using premium fuel and traveling 80 miles per day - Getting about 16.6 mpg on freeway driving.