Used 2003 Lincoln Aviator Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Lincoln Aviator - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aviator model:

A few questions, but love it....
By dot

2003 Lincoln Aviator Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I got this after having a Blazer and I love it to death... It is gorgeous. It had a lot of miles when I bought it and has never been back for service. I have had some problems w/ the car saying that door is ajar and then the light stays on. Causing the battery to go dead Also the hub caps are peeling apart. Can't find replacements anywhere.

I love the 3rd seat. I have 3 kids so that is great. I love the dual temperature controls, leather seats

Gas of course, auto locks. Cause of my problem, they won't lock if the car thinks the doors are open. So I wish that was manual.

Excellant All Around Vehicle
By Great Vehicle

2003 Lincoln Aviator Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Go anywhere SUV, Go several times a year on out of state trips. The Aviator is the ultimate in comfort! Hit that seat warmer after a long day and ahhh! Our Aviator has 42K on it and has only needed the regular maint performed on it. I did replace the tires to one size up and that helped on the milage-AVG 19 mph allaround and up to 21 on the road. I also had the computer upgraded thru the dealer on a new program that has made it perform even better. No gripes here glad we have it as our all around veh and well worth the price!

Comfort, DVD keeps kids quiet on trips, that third row seat comes in handy for days when I take the office to lunch. Nice looking and after all the bells and whistles on this baby, it makes the Explorer look like a rowboat!

Gosh I realize I dont have any! It fires up everytime and they did think the design thru-Put the mountaineer and explorer, the relatives-on list B!

Outstanding SUV
By jaybo

2003 Lincoln Aviator Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this to replace a beloved Jeep Grand Cherokee. The Aviator is the best combination of performance (300 HP), and whisper quiet comfort along with great deep snow handling that I have ever owned. It was 2/3 the price of the Toyota Land Cruiser or BMW X5 (only 5 passenger) and has superior performance. It is a mystery to me why Ford replaced it with a minivanny MKX. I guess I will be forced to buy German or Japanese next time.

Performance and smooth ride

Please make this again Ford

Nothing better
By Sharlex

2003 Lincoln Aviator Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is the most enjoyable vehicle I have ever had the pleasure of owning. I love the luxurious interior, the beautiful exterior and flawless ride and handling. The bright cathode lights on the dash are gorgeous and it was worth every penny. I test drove many SUV's and nothing comes remotely close to the Lincoln Aviator.

Everything

None

Never Never Never Never again
By Horrible Vehicle

2003 Lincoln Aviator Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This car has been nothing but problems. After owning the vehicle for two years the transmission had to be replaced. When the third time repair did not fix the original problem. I have had electrical problems from day one but no one can seem to figure out why. The auto-window doesn't work, the side view mirrors would change positions, the passenger seat heater does not work, the sound system takes about a minute to come on after the car is started. The steering wheel shimmies when braking, and there is a long whining sound when you start the vehicle in cold weather (which they can't seem to figure out why). This vehicle is the most expensive I have owned and yet the worst purchase made.

Sound system is good, and drive was awesome when I first bought it.

Fix the problems or replace the vehicles.