2003 Lincoln Aviator - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aviator model:
Nice car, not without its little flaws.
By JulesH on 03/20/07 12:17 PM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Aviator Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Very comfortable inside, a joy to drive, handles so well, lots of power, 3rd row seat. Very poor gas mileage. More rear seat room needed. The only problems I've had since ownership are a piece of plastic near the side back window that became partially unglued and flapped as I drove, and the steering has a squeaky feel to it when parking/driving slow in parking lots. One other thing is that in hot weather, the car often refuses to lock itself and behaves as if a door is open when it is not. I also frequently have to slam the rear gate or the vehicle light will stay on and I get a "liftgate open" message.

Pure Excellence
By Lindsey on 06/27/06 13:59 PM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Aviator Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This SUV is more than amazing. The luxury and capability is just awesome. It drives like a sports car and handles is so smooth and luxurious, I don't even want to complain about the gas mileage. It is not a commuter that is for sure. We just bought it and have been fighting over who gets to drive it everyday since. 50k Miles and drives better than the new Caddy DTS! Love it!

2003 Lincoln Aviator
By JohnWatson on 03/30/06 22:03 PM (PST)

2003 Lincoln Aviator Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

The performance is outstanding. It feels comfortable, solid and stable. The steering is responsive and precise. The visibilitly is superb forward and rearward, especially with the backup tone warning system. It accepts a top mounted extra luggage compartment allowing long travel with 6 passengers, in comfort. Controlled braking is excellent.

Can't go wrong with this suv
By Best luxury Suv on 03/07/06 00:43 AM (PST)

2003 Lincoln Aviator Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have never been more satisfied with the amount of money I paid for such luxury! I have had zero issues with this car and going on 48,000 miles.

Classy
By Max on 09/30/05 19:41 PM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Aviator Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

this car is amazing, ive had it for about 6 months now, i bought it used. it's a 2004 model. it is the most luxurious SUV on the market. ive driven in a range rover, and id take this over that. i think it is the best SUV you can buy. i have had no problems with the car, it has never had to go into the dealer in the time ive owned it. the interior is beautiful. the engine sounds amazing as well, when you're accelerating, it sounds like it has an aftermarket exhaust system. the thing handles like a sports car.

'03 Aviator
By Mike & Barb on 09/18/05 21:44 PM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Aviator Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

First off, we love the 4 valve DOHC engine. Have it in a 97 Cobera, '04 Mustang Mach-1 '04 Mercury Marauder and the '03 Aviator, After ~25K Barb gets about 20MPG on average, not bad, we think. Sadly, they're discontinuing this great vehicle, so we're turning ours in for an '05 Aviator. We have never had a single service issue, and the dealership has been absolutely wonderful when it's time for regular service, free of charge, of course. We usually keep our vehicles for 100K+ miles, but the deals are too good to pass up the last ones.

Aviator
By dfsreb on 06/10/05 13:09 PM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Aviator Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

The convenience of a luxury SUV with the performance of a Cobra. Lots of style and comfort. Enjoyable to drive on long trips with the climate controlled seats and power adjustments.

Absolutely Love It
By Burns on 03/27/05 20:20 PM (PST)

2003 Lincoln Aviator Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is my work vehicle, my office if you will, but the wife and I end up in it over the weekends even though we have an Acura MDX. The Aviator is much more comfortable, smoother, less noise, and is all around more fun to drive. 52,000 miles and smiles. I hate that Lincoln will soon change it. Oh well, I'll have to get the last 2005!

Can't wait to get rid of this vehicle
By Steve on 03/24/05 06:42 AM (PST)

2003 Lincoln Aviator Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

After sitting a stop lights and shaking and having 2 different dealers...the service managers are brothers...tell me 3 times that this Lincoln should sit at stop lights and shake..yeah right ! and having the rear differential replaced at 3000 miles...the a/c smells and the car still has only 12000 miles on it I can't wait to get rid of this piece of "junk". This is my fifth new Lincoln product in 10 years and it is not only my last Lincoln product but my last American car. No-one seems to care that this car absolutely runs awful including Lincoln customer service.

2003 Aviator
By gary rogers on 12/15/04 19:35 PM (PST)

2003 Lincoln Aviator Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Great motor, good towing, gets a lot of looks, very functional, good people vehicle