Used 2003 Lincoln Aviator Consumer Reviews - 115 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Lincoln Aviator - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aviator model:

2003 Lincoln Aviator premium Edition
By Rancher

2003 Lincoln Aviator Premium Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle rocks. purchased new I now have over 130,000 miles and still going strong. The ride and comfort is still exceptional. While this model does not have stability control or the roll over features it is a great vehicle. The car can be at a comfortable 70-75 miles per hour, and then go into passing mode quickly with no lag and hit over 90 with ease, and yeah I have done that both new and with current total miles. The engine is strong and sure. I am now having an issue with the differential and am looking for another Aviator to purchase. I have towed a 21 ft boat, two jet skies, with this car,(no, not all at once) and it still tracks smoothly with no sway. Would buy this again.

Interior, exterior and the size of the engine and total features package

Interior room could have been improved as second row seats are not movable, other wise I like the vehicle.

little problems
By pam

2003 Lincoln Aviator Premium AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my aviator used it had 22,000 miles. I love it. No big problems. Replaced a coil after 106,000 miles. The dash board lights some times go on & off, but easy to deal with.

Leg room in the front seat.

Back seat lying flat when down. Very hard for dogs to ride in. Parts a little cheaper.

Never an issue
By abqlincoln

2003 Lincoln Aviator Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

We have loved this for 2 years and have loved it. A lot of people complain about the mileage but for a full sized SUV to get 21 mpg on the highway at 80 mph I have no complaints at all. Around town we get 15 mpg but again, I never expected this to be an economy car. It has been very reliable and has never given us an issue.

Very sharp looks, it turns heads everywhere we go.

None, this has been a great vehicle.

Love my Aviator
By LD

2003 Lincoln Aviator Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Had my Aviator since 2003 and loved every day I have had it. I can't beleive they don't make them any more. For sure, I would go out and purchase another one. I also thought this about my Mark VII. I guess I am just hooked on a Lincolns.

The Lincoln ride. The size shape and looks.

Extremely Poor Reliability
By Rsmith

2003 Lincoln Aviator Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Enjoy the vehicle, plenty of power, comfort and overall utility. However, with only 75,000 miles, the following maintenance issues have developed. On three wheels the bearing failed,$1,600, the number eight cylinder is bad, requiring over $4,000 in repairs, transmission failed, over $3,000 repair, driver side window motor failed, $350 in repair, back window hatch cracked, and now the shift lever is bad. The dealer did not treat me as a valued customer, but tried to gouge me and stated that I should get rid of the vehicle. This is by far the most unreliable vehicle that I have ever owned. Wil never purchase another Lincoln or so called American car.

The ride and drive

For the price, build quality need substantial improvements